Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, hioctane said:

NOBODY has been able to reach herd immunity naturally.

Indeed, it’s a nebulous term with no specificity in relation to level of infections required or actual immunity. From what I read, the percentage of population infection required, also varies according to the make up of different virus strains, in particular it’s transmissibility.

the oft touted 70% level seems now to have been superseded by 80%, but even then I think most experts in field acknowledge that it’s a guesstimate.

herd immunity isn’t a strategy, it’s a lack of any strategy.

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Indeed, it’s a nebulous term with no specificity in relation to level of infections required or actual immunity. From what I read, the percentage of population infection required, also varies according to the make up of different virus strains, in particular it’s transmissibility.

the oft touted 70% level seems now to have been superseded by 80%, but even then I think most experts in field acknowledge that it’s a guesstimate.

herd immunity isn’t a strategy, it’s a lack of any strategy.

Something is causing a big drop in cases in India…..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Tweeted early this morning:

BREAKING: The Governor of Kanchanaburi has ordered the lockdown of Sangkhlaburi. No one is allowed to enter or leave from 9-22 July. In addition there is a nightly curfew from 10pm-4am when people are forbidden to leave their homes #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413200001069629445

Is Sangkhlaburi just one town, or has he locked down the whole province?

Where are the Province by Province breakdowns?  Need to see where each province is headed ...

Where is the breakdown for Phuket?  All I see are imported Covid-19 cases reported from the Sandbox ...

• Like 1

Can't work out any of the Thai's governments Covid moves . It seems to be run by a sloppy bunch of amateurish medical students. Lets face the problem head on, lets tell the truth and please do tell everyone that Singapore does not even recognize the Chinese Sinovac vaccine.  Thailand you're going down the sewer, those submarines just might come in handy after all..   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Thanks.  So it's just a border area of the province.  I had assumed he had locked down the whole province.  I guess this is the bubble & seal policy used fairly successfully back in December in Samut Sakhon.

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

that was fast, 3.5k daily jump.

I hope it's not going be jumping like that every day.

Did they suddenly included prison and army barracks statistics?

Maybe you have been sleeping for a few weeks they always include prison in the stats always mentioned separate. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The BP have reported that the Dept of Disease control have defended the govt decision to acquire additional Sinovac

Because nothing else is coming into the country. No Moderna. No Pfizer. No J&J. They aren't going to get here until next year--some time. And Sinovac is better than nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks.  So it's just a border area of the province.  I had assumed he had locked down the whole province.  I guess this is the bubble & seal policy used fairly successfully back in December in Samut Sakhon.

No bubble and seal is very different, you should already know that seeing as you've been posting here for so long, this as stated is a lockdown

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Where are the Province by Province breakdowns?  Need to see where each province is headed ...

Where is the breakdown for Phuket?  All I see are imported Covid-19 cases reported from the Sandbox ...

Only a guess, but thinking that later today when lot of travel out of Bangkok announced will be restricted then the governor's may very well follow suit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think they must have stumbled across a cluster that is bigger than just one village, so rolled all the villages into one area and sealed off the area.

just assuming, I have no info.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And that's without much testing and from people showing up to get treated as walk-ins, but then I could be wrong, maybe D'man can enlighten us as he has his finger on the pulse of all......

He should be able to. He has all the answers.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Mostly I think they spell exponential incorrectly especially exponential deniers.I rarely spell everting correctly I mostly rely on  builtin spell check and google I'm bloody hopless at spelling.

Yet you are correctly right in the way exponential things have gone.

• Haha 1