UPDATE: Thailand imposes tighter restrictions to slow virus spread - including curfew

webfact

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The first time around, most Thai people supported the lockdown. Will they do so now?

Most Thai are petrified of Covid, just as many are petrified of vaccine. While i am sure most will hate it, i am also sure will accept it.

At this stage, i do not think there is anything government can do to make people happy, its only less unhappy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Lock up all the officials. Especially Prayuth and Anutin. It is the only way to keep them from wreaking more destruction upon the nation. 

Do not be so harsh, Prayut offered 3 months of his wages to help the people.

Bangkokians are saved, 300 000 baht will put sea food buffet on their tables.

The rest of us plebs living outside Bangkok, can enjoy mama noodles on sale, 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

No curfew but then what does this mean

Significantly, people in the maximum control zones will be asked for their cooperation in not leaving their homes between 10pm and 4am. 

if its not enforced then what is the point, even worse if its arbitrary enforced.  Love to see more clarification.

THIS WHAT A LOCKDOWN MEANS:

NEW RESTRICTIONS

• Outdoor gatherings limited to two people (excluding members of same household)
  • Exercise and outdoor recreation restricted to local government area or within 10km radius.
  • No browsing in shops, one person per household per day can leave house for shopping
  • Funerals limited to 10 people (from Sunday)

The four reasons to leave your home remain in place

• Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only)
  • Medical care or compassionate needs (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers' responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons)
  • Exercise with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household)
  • Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home

NOT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:
  • Work from home where possible

• Shopping malls closed

• Supermarkets to remain open but hours restricted

• No unnecessary travel

In nakhon pathom where I reside and an area which would be included in any restrictions it says shopping malls must be closed but supermarkets open?

A major supermarket is on the second floor of Big C... so how does that work?

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, AussieinThaiJim said:

THIS WHAT A LOCKDOWN MEANS:

NEW RESTRICTIONS

• Outdoor gatherings limited to two people (excluding members of same household)
  • Exercise and outdoor recreation restricted to local government area or within 10km radius.
  • No browsing in shops, one person per household per day can leave house for shopping
  • Funerals limited to 10 people (from Sunday)

The four reasons to leave your home remain in place

• Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only)
  • Medical care or compassionate needs (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers' responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons)
  • Exercise with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household)
  • Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home

NOT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Basically all stuff they cant check or enforce. 

• Like 1

I hope I can get home to Chiang Rai Sunday.  I came back from the US after getting my vaccine.  My quarantine in Bangkok ends Sunday.  I already have my ticket to fly to Chiang Rai the same day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, statman78 said:

I hope I can get home to Chiang Rai Sunday.  I came back from the US after getting my vaccine.  My quarantine in Bangkok ends Sunday.  I already have my ticket to fly to Chiang Rai the same day.

Hairy.... never mind the restrictions for getting out of Bangkok... Chiang Rai has been known to implement it's own very strict rules for those traveling in. Paperwork showing just out of ASQ a must I expect.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And you may want to read the post again to which I was replying.

Didn't know you were Mod ? I understood what he meant, it wasn't difficult. Smiley face emoticon, best you not make any mistooks eh ??

• Haha 1