Phuket Sandbox is not closing and has actually been a success, set to generate billions of baht: govt

webfact

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

You cannot be serious, actually been a success, dream on pal.

You claim 8.9 billion baht, making crazy statements like that just shows you have lost the plot, or are just spouting off what you have been ordered to do.

Just don't forget you are in the LOS, land of silly people.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Nice maths!

I met some sandbox tourists yesterday who were very pleased with the process. They were genuine tourists, staying two months, and despite staying at two Ibis hotels for their 14 days have otherwise been spending their money in locally owned establishments. They even brought a dog with them!

Others I know are returnees or are visiting family. 

Definitely a few more people on Karon and Kata beaches. Not many but the increase is noticeable.

Are you paid by the junta to say this ?? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Nice maths!

I met some sandbox tourists yesterday who were very pleased with the process. They were genuine tourists, staying two months, and despite staying at two Ibis hotels for their 14 days have otherwise been spending their money in locally owned establishments. They even brought a dog with them!

Others I know are returnees or are visiting family. 

Definitely a few more people on Karon and Kata beaches. Not many but the increase is noticeable.

Going on a recent report that dogs could be carriers of Covid was the dog tested and have a COE. Was it wearing a mask and tested every couple of days?????

• Like 1

Rather than getting all excited by an out of date list, the more astute here can see the actual live flight arrivals on the Airport site. 

A lot of the Bangkok commuter flights late in the day have been cancelled. Most likely something to do with the Bangkok lockdown that came into effect this afternoon.

That was the joke of the day.

No chance in hell the Sandbox will even make 1 billion baht. And now when they are forcing people into quarantine even if negative pcr-results even more have canceled. And with all restrictions even less want to go to Thailand. 

If Thailand wanta tourists remove all restrictions and they will come. If one get covid so what? One week later most people are better and can go back to work and every day life. And without any need for a hospital visit as well. Just stay home. 

• Like 2

Of course there are 400 a day coming why would that change,oh wait covid cases are at nearly 10,000 a day but lucky Phuket is safe. They are so driven by greed, corruption and the inability to tell the truth more Sandboxes to open soon and the PM,s 120 day plan is on schedule 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

And he has insisted that despite less than 400 tourists arriving each day a 100,000 target for three months will be met with spending of 8.9 billion baht. 

The battery in MY calculator must be on the blink!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

Please look at the comment I replied to DFBPhuket said that the airport's internet flights are out of date

No. I look at the flights actually in the air.  Look arrival board Phuket and track back to see if flight left destination.. 

This is definitely not a job for logistically challenged generals.  This would be hard with competent people.  It's virtually impossible with the current people running the show. Its always the regular Joes paying the price the clowns in charge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Have basically met similar folk around Patong and will add that Patong beach has been busier the last two days than I have seen it in over a year.  I ignore TAT or government spokesmen numbers and realise that a target of 300 to 500 per day is more realistic. Having nearly completed my SHA+ stay it is clear that the system could not manage or monitor more than around 500 per day. It is not set up for more and that should, for now, remain the target.

500 per day might sound like a success. If they are genuine tourists. Better than none.

The airlines might regard this 500 number as less than a success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

You cannot be serious, actually been a success, dream on pal.

You claim 8.9 billion baht, making crazy statements like that just shows you have lost the plot, or are just spouting off what you have been ordered to do.

So currently 400 "tourists" per day well that will have to hurry up to around 1200 per day to reach the 90 day target of 100,000. Or if it stays at 400/day then each one will need to spend US$8,240/day. Maybe a lot of taxi rides will be needed.

• Haha 1

like I said , it depends how you look at the news.

1. some tourists are using the  Sandbox for short holiday 

2.others are trying to get back to Thailand 

It is not  a clear conclusion yet.

1.  the number of tourists arriving is not high to warrant that Thailand is opened now

2. of  course you stay in thailand in expensive hotels for 60 days, you will spend money 

it is not good news knowing that you can't leave Phuket until the country resolve the epidemic.

I really don't understand why the government is worrying about the loss of income for TAT and not focusing on the epidemic in Bangkok. Based on this article,  these expensive hotels in Phuket should spend these "great sum of money"  they collected on buying vaccines  for Thailand instead of beefing up their bank accounts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Who would bring a dog to Thailand with so many unvaccinated soi dogs running around?

My understanding of the sandbox is to  provide a path for the tourists for not to be locked in the hotel room for 15 days. It allows the tourists to roam in the hotel grounds for 14 days , then they can visit the rest of Thailand.

if you use Phuket  as a holiday stay in the expensive "mother ship" hotels fully equipped with everything , then it fit the tourist plan.

One must not forget that Phuket still is not fully vaccinated with the 2 dosages yet. It is assumed that they got the sinovac vaccine.....so  the people staying in Phuket for 60 days should be worried. let us wait and see what is next.