"No one is safe until everyone is safe" - Aussie couple highlight foreigners facing vaccine trouble in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, tonray said:

With all due respect, less than a third of all Thai citizens have been vaccinated as of yet

Only 1.3% of people in Chiang Mai province have been vaccinated according to the official registration site.

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I have Thai ID but cannot get vaccinated. 

i had no problem made application..went 6 july ..all tests done bp....temp.ect after vax waited 30 minutes all checks done again  out in about 1 hour job..jab done no probs 2nd jab booked 6 October 

4 hours ago, tonray said:

With all due respect, less than a third of all Thai citizens have been vaccinated as of yet

Yes - according to the Financial Times vaccine tracker website's most recent figures, unfortunately only 18.5% have received one jab, and 4.8% have received two jabs:   https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&areas=can&areas=chn&areas=ind&cumulative=1&doses=total&populationAdjusted=1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The message from the Thai government has been "we will take care of everybody" but the reality - the same for many Thais - there is just not the vaccine available. 

Prayuts idea of care is somewhat different to most.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

But "If you want a "registration" we're here to help you."

I can't even register, online is useless, in person I just get turned away.

UK embassy is proving worthless.

17 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

i had no problem made application..went 6 july ..all tests done bp....temp.ect after vax waited 30 minutes all checks done again  out in about 1 hour job..jab done no probs 2nd jab booked 6 October 

Which province are you in? When did you register? And did you register with a foreign passport or with a pink ID card? 

I registered with my passport in Chiang Mai on May 29. I still don't have a queue number, and there are nearly 300,000 people registered and waiting.

• Like 1

So much annoying news every day about the Sandbox, infection rates, mixing vaccines etc. but not any news about how many vaccines are being delivered or when, and no stories about how many people are being vaccinated per day.

W want to here about where and when we can get vaccinated!!!

A post with an unknown link has been removed:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.

A troll post has been removed. 

I am 70 years young, had heart attack so I am considered at risk but still have not been able to get vaccinated. I have tried, sent emails, tried to register but to no avail. What a shambles. Have a work permit also and pay tax.

Edited by remobb
Spelling mistake.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

That's their home country, so that makes sense.

As foreigner living in Thailand you are on your own when it comes to health care, and we foreigners knows it, when we decide to stay here by our own free choice.

However, with a little bit of patience the government will vaccinate all, also the foreigners that are not really are covered by the health care system.

You're stating the obvious. We can't get the vaccine even though we're prepared to pay.

Edited by jesimps

5 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

I  have yet to have this confirmed, but I am told a plane load of wealthy Indonesians chartered their own plane and flew  to Australia, they were immediately placed into quarantine, at their own expense, and given  FREE inoculations, which was the reason for their journey anyway, their country suffering badly, and vaccine being scarce there.

As a response that only ex Brit Army personeel would understand....

Exchange plane of Indonesians for a Bus load of WRAC nurses from Caterrick Hospital

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Sad, but true.

Did I miss read this ? Is it "No one is in space  until everyone is in space" ? Didn't the  Thai Cabinet approve the draft Space Affairs Act already?

• Haha 1

first off i registered with morprom on the 1st of may got appointment for 7th June that didn't happen. i then registered with the local government hospital direct that didn't happen. Then i had to go 90 day report at immigration and was told to register with the app they had . two and half weeks later got SMS to go and get vaccine AZ on the 27th June so i got my first shot with no problems . all I needed was passport and the serial number on the SMS  .  Also gave me the date for the next shot in September 19. 

The first registrations i presented yellow house book and pink ID card so that was not needed for the one that worked . I am 72 and lived here for 21years . This is Koh Samui. I'm sure it depends where you are living to get the job done . 

• Like 1

Just now, PEE TEE said:

first off i registered with morprom on the 1st of may got appointment for 7th June that didn't happen. i then registered with the local government hospital direct that didn't happen. Then i had to go 90 day report at immigration and was told to register with the app they had . two and half weeks later got SMS to go and get vaccine AZ on the 27th June so i got my first shot with no problems . all I needed was passport and the serial number on the SMS  .  Also gave me the date for the next shot in September 19. 

The first registrations i presented yellow house book and pink ID card so that was not needed for the one that worked . I am 72 and lived here for 21years . This is Koh Samui. I'm sure it depends where you are living to get the job done . 

PS morprom messaged me yesterday to get vaccine but too late . 

1 hour ago, Almer said:

I have 11 Thai friends in England and all are fully vaccinated, even an illegal who comes out of the woodwork gets the jab no questions asked, its as the OP says, nothing is accomplished until all are vaccinated 

I got cheesed off and left 12 days ago to uk with my thai wife ( she's on tourist visa) and after 10 days home isolation we went to a walk in centre and both got first shot of moderna no questions asked and free of charge. UK is a f*****d up place in many many ways but they understand the way out of this is to vaccinate everyone regardless of status or nationality.

I'm still flabbergasted Thailand isn't manufacturing vaccines in country , they have all the tech required , maybe a loss of face involved here being non thai vaccines or still negotiating the rate of under the table psyments perhaps ?? 

Best wishes to all in Thailand,  a fabulous place to be in so many ways but frustrating in many other ways too ... still hope to be back asap.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:
1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

So then there may be 14 persons in Phuket who will appreciate your generosity.

Exactly Mr Mahoney and I wish them well. 

... And they might even say to you, given the chance, in the words by Sting:

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me

2 hours ago, BEngBKK said:

They came back after 2 years on a tourist visa, so they are tourists and not expats.

Can they then expect to get special treatment?

and they are NOT in the high risk age group, viz over 60. They don't make mention of any serious health condition that would enable them to be vaccinated at this time, so like all foreigners under 60 they just have to wait their turn.

• Like 2

I am a couple of years older than the husband understand what he has been going through.  I have given up on LOS for the vaccine and just confirmed everything for my USA vaccine trip.  If I can get the Pfizer vaccine then I can probably come back in about 5 weeks.  The Moderna will require another week.  This is assuming I actually come back.  But I really bad for the Thai's under 60 because most are in a similar position.  

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The message from the regime is, if you want a vaccination you might be best served in your home country.

But "If you want a "registration" we're here to help you."

Some days they couch this message in easy to swallow words, like "we love everyone the same", or "foreigners will be treated equally, and given equal access to vaccines".

Other days, they launch the forty-third iteration of an app, website or hospital.

The doctor in Chiang Rai said foreigner would not receive vaccinations until all of the Thais have been vaccinated. Also, none available in private hospitals. My wife went to a mass vaccination today and for people under 60 all they had was Chinese Sinovac. She told them no thank you as it does not cover variant G. I have an appointment at the university hospital for August 23. The waiting time is 2 months. God only knows if they will have the vaccine. Time for Sinovac to be stopped. 600 people in Bangkok had both doses and still contacted the virus. Really sucks! The government needs to stop buying Sinovac!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1