Thailand reports daily record of 9,692 new COVID-19 cases, 67 more deaths

webfact

48 minutes ago, anchadian said:

This will be done at SCG HQ in Bang Sue on Sunday at 1pm.

I thought the Sydney Cricket Ground was in Sydney?Oh I see their head quarters are in Bang Sue?Bang Sue is a bit naughty for this forum isn't it?Oh I get it, it's another one of their sly little jokes they've managed to slip in there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

This is so sad for the Khn Thiu

Photos of Covid-19 patients lying in a hospital car park next to biohazard dumpsters underlined the critical shortage of beds in Bangkok on Friday

Covid patients overflow into hospital car park as cases surge in Bangkok

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003337

And still nobody don't have any idea , how can put all symptomless in home quarantine/isolation! Even they do that already for some. People who cant get hospital or other set place.

Have to wonder why people not demand that! Maybe is more nice to lay down there on floor!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Youngest death again in the late 20s (27), which has been a regular occurrence here.

Should be a lesson for those who think the young are immune or who claim that only old people die from COVID.

The COVID death reports here in Thailand prove otherwise on almost a daily basis.

Darn. Sounds pretty spooky. Any idea what the broad death rate (%) is for folks under 35? As a young-ish person I'm trying to figure out how scared I should be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Good news for Australians living in #Bangkok. The Australian Ambassador (@AusAmbBKK)

has just announced the embassy has secured some AstraZeneca vaccine for their citizens. This will be done at SCG HQ in Bang Sue on Sunday at 1pm. Register here: https://thailand.embassy.gov.au Good luck!

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1415994915297763332

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=198167655580703

So now the list of countries that have come to the aid of their vaccine-less expats in Thailand includes China, France, Switzerland, Australia and Canada (sort of....)

Continues to make the U.S. and the U.K. look utterly pathetic.

I don't care how they do it... Bring in their own vaccines from abroad. Lean on the Thai government to share some of their vaccine stocks or whatever it takes...

But just DO IT!!!   And stop complaining (falsely) that you don't have any ability to help your foreign nationals living in Thailand.

And now the French are getting down to their young age population here, not just the older folks... Vive La France!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Darn. Sounds pretty spooky. Any idea what the broad death rate (%) is for folks under 35? As a young-ish person I'm trying to figure out how scared I should be.

Ask that to the 27-year-old on today's COVID deaths list...   Ooopss.. you can't. That person is dead... As are all the other 20 and 30 somethings who show up every day on the COVID death reports issued by the Thai MoPH.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just got ahold of PCT lab where we tested and was told that because of the backlog we will not hear until tomorrow, which is a 3 day lag from the day of testing.

If these delays become common then getting a covid negative test to leave the country on a plane will become increasingly difficult.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I think you are right. I suspect they are prepping for some big numbers next week which they already know are coming. If they do a few things now then it looks like they are ahead of the game. Pure speculation.

Sunday is good day in Thailand to shock people coz all goverment place are closed! And like they tell all , they make more test in BKK start yesterday. And like ThailandRyan has told us, he have to wait 3 days for test result. 

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling video removed
  • Like 1

Thai Prime Minister orders mobile medical corps to conduct proactive Covid-19 test approach at Bangkok houses, starting today

Bangkok –

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha has ordered mobile soldiers and police units to proactively approach people’s homes and conduct Covid-19 testing in Bangkok with Bangkok Public Health officials, starting today, July 16th.

Following the order, the team of the medical corps of the military troops and the Royal Thai Police, also known as RDF, was deployed to work with Bangkok provincial authorities to proactively approach and assist the Covid-19 test process, using the Rapid Antigen Test for people living in Bangkok and surrounding areas.

If a patient was found, they would be immediately taken to a field hospital while those who were considered in a high-risk group and in close contact with infected patients would be given Kariyat (Faa Ta Laai Jon) and Antipyretic to reduce the number of mild-to-no-symptom patients and to reduce the burden of hospitals and field hospitals.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/16/thai-prime-minister-orders-mobile-medical-corps-to-conduct-proactive-covid-19-test-approach-at-bangkok-houses-starting-today/

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Good news for anyone who works for a company that falls under the jurisdiction of the Thailand Board of Investment (BOI). They have arranged for foreigners to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine starting from 26th July. Click here to register - https://booking.boi.go.th/vaccination.php #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416013887401467904

• Thanks 1

Earlier @anchadian posted info about Australians being able to register for AZ vaccine to be administered on Sunday.

You make appointment via Au embassy Thailand website.

I just registered. Bit strange. You don't get appointment. Just turn up Sunday 1pm +

Bit weird is confirmation page.

Anyway the booking link in up.

Don't blame me if it's another red herring.

They most likely have 50 shots.

Edit: I don't know why this post is in bold type. 

Another edit. Just went back to the site. It states places are limited. If your successful they email you back at some point. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thong Lor again! There really does appear to be little hope...

Big money and little brains, we can do what we want were Hi-So, don't you know whobmy daddy is? 

18 minutes ago, blackcab said:

If these delays become common then getting a covid negative test to leave the country on a plane will become increasingly difficult.

If we had paid to go to the VIP side I think it would have been 24 hours turn around, but since we were told to go it was paid for by I guess the juristic or the BMA, not sure. Therein lies the issues.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the weekend no one is allowed to leave their home for any reason? 

Insanity, truly.  Just weld the doors shut and use a blockade across the parking garage exit.  Better yet just post a military unit out front....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Earlier @anchadian posted info about Australians being able to register for AZ vaccine to be administered on Sunday.

I just registered. Bit strange. You don't get appointment. Just turn up Sunday 1pm +

Good luck dr jack. Hope it goes ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#PhuketSandbox update on Friday: 7 local cases and 2 Sandbox cases with 87 patients in hospital.

WEEK ONE: 24 local + 1 sandbox = 25 cases

WEEK TWO: 38 local + 9 sandbox = 47 cases

WEEK THREE: 18 local + 2 sandbox in two days

#COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1416018923300876288

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai Prime Minister orders mobile medical corps to conduct proactive Covid-19 test approach at Bangkok houses, starting today

Bangkok –

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha has ordered mobile soldiers and police units to proactively approach people’s homes and conduct Covid-19 testing in Bangkok with Bangkok Public Health officials, starting today, July 16th.

Following the order, the team of the medical corps of the military troops and the Royal Thai Police, also known as RDF, was deployed to work with Bangkok provincial authorities to proactively approach and assist the Covid-19 test process, using the Rapid Antigen Test for people living in Bangkok and surrounding areas.

If a patient was found, they would be immediately taken to a field hospital while those who were considered in a high-risk group and in close contact with infected patients would be given Kariyat (Faa Ta Laai Jon) and Antipyretic to reduce the number of mild-to-no-symptom patients and to reduce the burden of hospitals and field hospitals.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/16/thai-prime-minister-orders-mobile-medical-corps-to-conduct-proactive-covid-19-test-approach-at-bangkok-houses-starting-today/

Jeez, a lot of people won’t answer their doorbells if they might be carted off to a field hospital…

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

C’mon Cipher, you are the king of probabilities. You know you’re pretty safe. Particularly as you work out everyday and run a 100m in 11.9 seconds….or thereabouts….

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Bangkok –

Oh no Mr. Bill

image.png.1b9ab3e6f6672e77067af8f2b64ec109.png

Getting serious it appears.  

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Another edit. Just went back to the site. It states places are limited. If your successful they email you back at some point. 

Wishing you good luck Jack. I hope you are successful.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Bangkok –

This is actually a good thing except for the huge elephant in the room. Immediately being carted off to a field hospital. 

Available OTC antipyretics include acetaminophen and the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are the 2 most widely used antipyretics. Ibuprofen is only approved for fever reduction in patients 6 months and older, however.Sep 12, 2555 BE

Managing Fever with Antipyretics - Pharmacy Times

https://www.pharmacytimes.com › view › managing-fever

As for Kariyat i am yet to see any research let alone a peer reviewed paper on the efficacy of this herbal remedy reducing Covid symtoms.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/16/thai-prime-minister-states-further-covid-19-restrictions-and-controls-coming-says-it-is-necessary/

Thai Prime Minister states further Covid-19 restrictions and controls coming, says it is necessary

Yup, get ready folks you can thank the youngsters who don't listen and party on like they could care less about rules.

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

More details here:

Thai Prime Minister states further Covid-19 restrictions and controls coming, says it is necessary

The Thai Prime Minister, Prayut Chan O’Cha, posted on his social media accounts in the past hour, directly addressing speculation over the past several hours about further restrictions, closure measures, regulations, and other moves to control the Covid-19 coronavirus, especially in Bangkok and maximum control (Dark red, by a Thai color-coding system) provinces.

The PM confirmed in his post, which you can read in Thai here, that after a meeting with the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, and relevant agencies, doctors, and experts, that further measures were needed.

This comes after measures enacted on Monday of this week, which you can read about here, were seen by experts from the Public Health Ministry and Department of Disease Control as “not enough”. The spokesperson for the CCSA, Apisamai Srirangsan, said at a press conference this afternoon that people were not taking overnight “stay at home” restrictions in Bangkok and other areas seriously enough and many people continued to gather, socialize, gamble, drink alcohol, and other behaviors that could continue to spread the Covid-19 virus.

More: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/16/thai-prime-minister-states-further-covid-19-restrictions-and-controls-coming-says-it-is-necessary/

The problem that they have is that they are so far behind the curve on this wave. Decisions taken since April are what has led us here. Decisions taken now will only effect the situation in a couple of months time, for better or worse, depending what they are.

but for sure the virus is rolling and has been for 3 months. It’s going to take a lot to dampen it before it just burns out naturally. In that time the fall out could be considerable.

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

More details here:

The Thai Prime Minister, Prayut Chan O’Cha, posted on his social media accounts in the past hour, directly addressing speculation over the past several hours about further restrictions, closure measures, regulations, and other moves to control the Covid-19 coronavirus, especially in Bangkok and maximum control (Dark red, by a Thai color-coding system) provinces.

The PM confirmed in his post, which you can read in Thai here, that after a meeting with the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, and relevant agencies, doctors, and experts, that further measures were needed.

This comes after measures enacted on Monday of this week, which you can read about here, were seen by experts from the Public Health Ministry and Department of Disease Control as “not enough”. The spokesperson for the CCSA, Apisamai Srirangsan, said at a press conference this afternoon that people were not taking overnight “stay at home” restrictions in Bangkok and other areas seriously enough and many people continued to gather, socialize, gamble, drink alcohol, and other behaviors that could continue to spread the Covid-19 virus.

More: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/16/thai-prime-minister-states-further-covid-19-restrictions-and-controls-coming-says-it-is-necessary/

Perhaps they heard the PM talk about opening in 120 days because risks had to be taken? Or that tourists in Phuket can party?

the messaging from the top has been mixed at best and abysmal at worst. Hence people behave badly. Not excusing them but, really, what has been the message from the top?

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

I've got the feeling that today is one of the last few days of 4-digit infection numbers. We're bound to crack the dreaded 10,000 and will probably stay well above for weeks to come. Brace for impact, ladies and gentlemen, stay safe.

New case numbers are comprised of two components:

Proactive testing numbers, which seem to be capped at about 2500 positives per day; and

Hospital walk-in cases, which are limited by hospital capacity. Right now, hospital admissions are limited to beds opened up by discharges and deaths, with maybe a 1,000 more squeezed in. The only way that admissions can increase is if more beds are made available.

Assuming 6,000 discharges tomorrow, that gives us:

Testing cases: 2,500.

Hospital discharges: 6,000.

Squeezed in patients, trending down to 1,000.

unless something different happens, it’s going to be 9,500 tomorrow. A lower number would mean hospitals are totally full. A higher number means more beds were opened up.

• Thanks 1

Now this is what you call a government briefing. Singapore has a new cluster to deal with. An object lesson in clarity, messaging and facts. The comparison to what we heard today and on previous days from ccsa couldn’t be more stark.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-growing-ktv-cluster-major-setback-vaccination-15232602

• Like 1

Don't you know who I am?

Outrage over latest celebrity Covid case highlights unequal healthcare coverage

Actress Natapohn ‘Taew’ Tameeruks was trending Friday after revealing via Instagram just a day after she tested positive for Covid-19, as netizens criticized her failure to comply with Covid-19 measures including self-isolation, and on the wider relationship between privilege and inequality in Thailand.

“You were supposed to quarantine for fourteen days, but instead you went out all the time,” wrote one user on Twitter. “It doesn’t matter if you’re a low-risk or a high-risk individual — at this point, all risks are equal. You can’t act this irresponsibly in these times.”

Since the pandemic broke out Natapohn has reportedly self-isolated six times after coming into contact with someone who had either tested positive for the virus or was a high-risk individual. Her sixth and latest quarantine was supposed to last from the end of June to mid-July, as news broke on June 28 that another actress whom she had recently worked with had tested positive.

More: https://www.thaienquirer.com/30027/outrage-over-latest-celebrity-covid-case-highlights-unequal-healthcare-coverage/

aD7lzwvt?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by anchadian

Ministry of Interior orders Buddhist religious holidays, King’s birthday to be celebrated online due to Covid-19

Thailand-

The Ministry of the Interior, led by Mr. Chatchai Phromlert, the permanent secretary of the Ministry, released an order and notice this evening informing all governors in Thailand to mark His Royal Majesty the King’s birthday and two religious holidays online later this month.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/16/ministry-of-interior-orders-buddhist-religious-holidays-kings-birthday-to-be-celebrated-online-due-to-covid-19/

• Thanks 2