Thailand reports daily record of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

30 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Although there are record highs for deaths and new cases today in #Thailand, it shouldn’t be overlooked that there is also another new high - 6,327 people were discharged from care and were able to go home. We must be thankful for any good news we can get. Stay safe and #StayHome

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416203738033778689

how many of them actually needed to be there - the penny has finally dropped that they can no longer cater for people that are mildly ill in hospitals - something I said was flawed many weeks ago

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A full national lockdown would reduce the numbers, but without a proper national vaccination programme won't the numbers start to rise again once the lockdown ends? Could the whole country be locked down for months?

It should and schools should not be reopened before everyone is vaccinated ????.

Just teasing, they should lockdown where it is needed not a country wide. Lockdown is needed to slow the spread. I wonder how much longer the healthcare system can handle this. These numbers are just too high and now the 10.000 has been breached a psychological barrier with a record number of deaths its clear things are going in the wrong direction.

Lockdowns only slow until vaccination is done. The alternative is people dying on the streets. When there are no beds no ventilators left it gets bad. (look at Italy in the beginning of the pandemic. Too bad they can't get more vaccines fast.

I dont like this lockdown or curew, i feel 9 is too early. 10 would have been better. Almost broke the law yesterday were with 5 people in my home gym (GF+ some of 3 her friends) good thing one cancelled.  But one of the guys training keeps his mask on (i am amazed by it) The others are vaccinated and try to stay in their bubble. I am the only unvaccinated among them. Most of them got it through work of connections.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So you don't think they'll do this?

Two of the additional #COVID19 measures being considered by the govt for Metro Bangkok are permitting people to leave homes only on Mon, Weds & Fri and shutting down supermarkets plus restaurants on alternate day. Be prepared folks. #Thailand

I certainly hope not im depended on food delivery.  Else i might have to buy more from lean licious (premade healthy meals). But it would certainly be a real headache. Not to mention a huge blow to the economy. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

It should and schools should not be reopened before everyone is vaccinated ????.

Between you and me Robblok, I'm a little less angsty about school closures now as my kid is enjoying the 2-month summer holiday, after 3 months online locked-down learning when the numbers were relatively low.  Let's see how things are at the end of August...

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Between you and me Robblok, I'm a little less angsty about school closures now as my kid is enjoying the 2-month summer holiday, after 3 months online locked-down learning when the numbers were relatively low.  Let's see how things are at the end of August...

I know and i understand your concern, but you always talk about it (like i do about other things) so  i just joked around a bit. In my country schools were locked down too but online learning was better. Of course there are always those who don't help their kids (or cant) and those will be at a disadvantage. 

But i think you rather have your kid at home then him infecting you. Then again maybe you see the risk different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

Or the number was just higher given the amount of deaths. Yes i know its a delayed thing but its getting worse and worse. I think its safe to assume the situation is getting worse. Not sure why you constantly link people discharged to beds freed up. That only works when there are more people released then taken in. Given the numbers are 9-10k each and every day less and less beds are available. Does that not mean according to you each and every day less tests ? I mean you seem to think that more people out of the hospital means more test have done. So the opposite a gradually overload would result in less tests. 

A gradual overload is just what is happening as the number of people tested positive has each and every day surpassed the people released. So by your logic each and every day less tests are done.

I can imagine that posts breaking down hospital admissions, discharges and deaths would annoy you, but they can be useful.

concerning your comment about reported cases being higher due to the higher number of deaths, yeah, I specifically called that out in my post.

There seems to be a fixed number of positive tests every day, about 2500.

so, probably there were 7500 people admitted to the hospital system today. With 6000+ new discharges, that is about 700 - 1000 additional admissions squeezed into the system.

unless there was a larger than usual number of tests yesterday.

Edited by Danderman123

42 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Best they rush to announce the US is donating 1.5 million doses of Pfizer for the umpteenth time this month, that'll make it look like they're achieving something.

Its coming , just not for US citizen

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The U.S. is now joining the Embassy arranged vaccines party for their foreign nationals. A whole series of other nations' embassies in BKK have announced similar measures in the past several days.

"Good news for American citizens in #Bangkok. The US Embassy in Bangkok has just posted to say the Thai Government is offering U.S. citizens the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. on Sunday https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-covid-19-vaccine... Good luck! #Thailand"

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/371626307656972

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

My point was mr Danderman that your logic does not work. I mean discharges are lower then new cases. So hospitals are getting fuller and by your admission hospitals test less when they are full. So each day they should test less because more beds are filled (by your logic).

So how do you explain that. 

Because hospitals can still squeeze more people into the system.

When every available bed anywhere is occupied, hospitals will only be able to test up to the number of discharges + deaths.  So, yes, it is possible that the number of recorded cases would decrease when hospitals are filled.

But I don’t think that is going to happen, I think there will always be somewhere where they can stash patients. 

the unknown here is the self-isolation concept, because it’s probably the case where people will not actually get tested, they will simply be told to go home for 14 days. This may take a load off the hospitals for a while.

Expats and those that can should leave. This situation is only going to bleed into next year.  

By then, the stench of death will run through the country to such a degrees that you won’t be able to give away trips to Thailand. The recovery for Thailand may take years. 

We should all be outraged by the needless death that have occurred and are about to occur due to the morons in power.

(As an aside has anyone been keeping track of the number of expats infected and dying? With 3m expats out of the country’s population of 70m, there is now, or likely to be, some.)

Edited by ABCbangkok
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Pattaya Hospital halts funeral arrangement

Banglamung Hospital is out of the mortuary business, with employees told to stop arranging the transport of bodies and funerals.

The order from hospital Director Narongsak Eakawattanakul came a day after he vowed to investigate a complaint from the family of an elderly woman who died of Covid-19 that hospital employees tried to charge her 15,000 to bring the mother’s body to a Muang District temple.

Deputy Director Dr. Chanchai Limthongcharoen said July 15 that, in fact, the 15,000 baht was not only for transport. Hospital staff had tried to arrange the entire funeral, with 7,500 going to the temple for cremation, 2,500 for coffin and 5,000 baht for transport and pallbearers.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-hospital-halts-funeral-arrangement-363681

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think they saw this coming, with all the talk of tighter lockdowns and travel bans yesterday.

Strange then that they still talk of the Phuket "sandbox" thingy ( unless that changed recently ), and even of it expanding to the Gulf Islands.

14 minutes ago, ABCbangkok said:

(As an aside has anyone been keeping track of the number of expats infected and dying? With 3m expats out of the country’s population of 70m, there is now, or likely to be, some.)

In their daily COVID death report summaries, the MoPH typically lists a numbers summary of deaths by nationality. Usually, the vast majority are Thais. There usually are a few each day from Myanmar, Laos, or Cambodia, etc... And then rarely, a death from other countries like India, Japan, Britain, etc...

I haven't seen any overall cumulative recap of deaths by nationality, though.