SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?

Scott

SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No vote.

How can one plan with an unreliable narrator as the regime?

A plan has zero efficacy.

A registration has zero efficacy.

Now if I could mix and match plans with registrations? Paging dr. yong.

I fear I'm developing a vaccine registration fetish. 

• Haha 2

I got my first jab of AstraZeneca three weeks ago today at the Phyathai2 hospital in Bangkok and I plan to wait for my scheduled second jab on September 20th. My ex-wife, who is now staying with me, also had her first jab of AZ about the same time I did. However, our 33 year old son wants Pfizer so he is heading back to the States right now and should be landing at SFO in less than an hour. He won't be back in Thailand until sometime in late September and will most likely have to spend 15 days on Phuket. (Note: My son sent me some photos of the airport that were taken yesterday and it was like a ghost terminal.) 

20 hours ago, bermondburi said:

I'm double jabbed, one shot AZ, one shot Pfizer, so I'm good. 

But if I had health issues and I was in Thailand I would be gone by now to somewhere I could get a jab, like my home country.  Things are only going to get worse IMO. 

So I would pose the question, how bad do things have to get in Thailand, before people decide to leave to get a jab.

Unfortunately, if you don't live in Bangkok, I don't know how to get out to a country where I can get a vaccine. There are no flights, trains or buses from the north to Bangkok and one can only take international flights from Bangkok  (or Phuket????)

2 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

Got a Sinovac shot last Wednesday. On August 4 I should receive my AZ one. Mix-and-match may not be ideal, but I take it over nothing at all.

Where did you get the first shot, and where is it for the next one??

21 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I'm booked for Moderna. The more I read the news, the less I believe I'd get it anytime soon, if ever.

- Over 9 million registered of which most if not all paid at private hospitals

- Good 3 million to be available

- 10,000 to most hospitals for nearly 2.8 million of the doses

- The other 200k will be split between hospitals that have, some over million registrations (like THG).

That in itself makes me believe that majority of those waiting for Moderna won't get it until mid next year or even later.

As such, I'll take Astra Zeneca first, which is offered by BOI, where vaccinations start in a week. By the time I'd get my queue for Moderna, it'll likely be time for a booster shot already anyway. Maybe even beyond that already.

Anyone working for BOI sponsored company (who gets work permit at one stop center at Sam Yan), please DM me for link to register. Apparently that's also for those with Thailand Smart Visa.

Moderna have NEVER before had a vaccine approved. This concerns me a lot. 

I will wait for J&J or P.  Reputable companies with history of vaccine distribution globally. 

1 Currently in CNX.  Absolutely no response from any of registration attempts(Wall of CM and even CM Ram where I have been going for my medical needs for years).  We all know about the Moderna registration fiasco earlier this month. Since then CM Ram has gone "radio silent".

2. Now I feel I have no choice but to make an appointment at a Walgreens, CVS or Rite Aid pharmacy in my old neighborhood in Southern California.

3.  The latest "monkey" wrench is the current ban on Domestic Air Travel which means I might have to  arrange private ground transportation to BKK???? We shall see???

"Just another day in Paradise"(now it seems like paradise lost).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Plan? I am 69, no pink card, no yellow book, no hospital registration, and live in Isaan. So, as i already had  2 reasons to be in UK, this became the 3rd and deciding one. Got back last week, will be booking my first vaccination this week for when quarantine ends.

13 minutes ago, rickudon said:

My Plan? I am 69, no pink card, no yellow book, no hospital registration, and live in Isaan. So, as i already had  2 reasons to be in UK, this became the 3rd and deciding one. Got back last week, will be booking my first vaccination this week for when quarantine ends.

I did same. Read my post 

46 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

I will wait for J&J or P.  Reputable companies with history of vaccine distribution globally. 

Good luck

49 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Unfortunately, if you don't live in Bangkok, I don't know how to get out to a country where I can get a vaccine. There are no flights, trains or buses from the north to Bangkok and one can only take international flights from Bangkok  (or Phuket????)

If you show them (at the control points) your booking out of BKK, surely that would fall under essential travel.   It'd be under the 'for medical' purposes travel clause.... just make it clear you're travelling for medical reasons, not because you are going somewhere for fun.

*this is assuming that you're driving yourself; same deal though if you hire a minivan, probably 3000-4000 Baht for most of the country if you hire someone in that line of work (with an NGV vehicle); 

That said, what are the odds of finding a taxi or minivan driver not already infected with Covid?    If you can drive yourself, that'd be best.

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I did same. Read my post 

I think Bojo and all of the UK are going to sorely regret choosing freedumb and mammon over public health. And I am a libertarian, but I nearly died of pneumonia a few years ago, and I understand my human frailty.

The problem with covid is, that if you lose the bet, you get runaway covid AND all the things you opened up to avoid, such as more mandatory lockdowns, mass unemployment, and SME failures. But time will tell.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bbabythai said:

True. Which is why I had reservations as well. But then again, there are millions vaccinated with it and I'm watching whether they turn to walking dead. So far no evidence of that...

I'm no fan of Pharmaceuticals or any of the vaccines so I will never take a COVID vaccination.  I workout daily, eat healthy and fuel my natural immune system with vitamins, herbs and healthy living. Besides we all die sooner or later and I have zero fear of death when my time comes. Live life to the fullest without fear or simply exist while fearing the inevitable.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bermondburi said:

I'm double jabbed, one shot AZ, one shot Pfizer, so I'm good. 

But if I had health issues and I was in Thailand I would be gone by now to somewhere I could get a jab, like my home country.  Things are only going to get worse IMO. 

So I would pose the question, how bad do things have to get in Thailand, before people decide to leave to get a jab.

I think that your comments will bring a lot of criticism , why ? there are a lot of expats in Thailand who have dependent families . The expats will mostly be living off their pension and on a monthly budget where there are not allowances for international flights and would a family man jet off , and leave his Thai family , to get vaccinated and then return to be the only one in the family who has been jabbed ?

Now if you are a single guy , that's different and I returned to the UK for some personal reasons and managed to get double jabbed with AZ vaccine . So if you are in a position to secure the vaccine by returning to your home country , it's a no brainer at the moment when considering the vaccine rollout debacle in Thailand , especially being a farang and at the back of the queue . Thailand's infection rate is on the up and there are no reasons why they will be any different from Indian or Indonesian numbers .

I am surprised at Thailand's vaccine performance given that they are highly regarded in the field of 

tropical diseases and their Mahidol universities close association with the UK Oxford university is a facility aimed at the control of viruses in poorer countries.