Contract signed for Thailand’s 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, delivery in Q4 this year

webfact

43 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They haven't been manufactured yet, how could the be past their expiry date?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're wrong, it would be on the contracted schedule.   

You're assuming that everyone who dies before the distribution of the vaccine in that order will have wanted (and been able to get) that vaccine and that those doses would have prevented those Covid-19 deaths?    You're not really up to speed on how the virus and the vaccinations work, are you?

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I get the feeling a certain unelected government general well known for his lies, is looking over his shoulder, and not before time.

You mean Prayut Chan-O-Cha?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

I don't recall seeing any studies that look at the infection rate, hospitalization rate, and mortality rate of people who got the virus and then got vaccinated. Or vice-versa for that matter. It would be interesting

There was at least one study in the UK comparing infection + AZ to two doses of AZ. Antibodies were measured. I seem to remeber that the first case gave better results.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:
47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They haven't been manufactured yet, how could the be past their expiry date?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're wrong, it would be on the contracted schedule.   

You're assuming that everyone who dies before the distribution of the vaccine in that order will have wanted (and been able to get) that vaccine and that those doses would have prevented those Covid-19 deaths?    You're not really up to speed on how the virus and the vaccinations work, are you?

Expand  

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I get the feeling a certain unelected government general well known for his lies, is looking over his shoulder, and not before time.

You mean Prayut Chan-O-Cha?

Why have you quoted my comments with your unconnected question to possum1931?

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Who are you advising? What does this post even mean? Can anybody explain  it?

Read the news wives of men in charge to purchase vaccines bought shares in said companies made a fortune when shares went up due to Thailand buying the vaccines they held out until shares were lower and then signed 

Of course, estimates need to be factored in for the storage and delivery by motorbike of vaccines. Last I checked, sub-zero F temp storage of vaccines while on motorbike delivery don't have a very good track record.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WingFat said:

Of course, estimates need to be factored in for the storage and delivery by motorbike of vaccines. Last I checked, sub-zero F temp storage of vaccines while on motorbike delivery don't have a very good track record.

Dry ice works fine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

Check the mortality figures. It looks like with the vaccines the mortality rate is actually lower than what you might expect from a flu season. In fact, if Covid originally had the mortality rate it now has in countries that are the most highly vaccinated, it would never have been considered a threat in the first place. And keep in mind that countries like Israel and the UK still have quite a ways to go in getting the vast majority of their people properly vaccinated.

52% of the UK population have been fully vaccinated 20% are Under 16 and don't need to be vaccinated which leaves 30% who have all been offered and mostly have received the first Jab current estimates are that over 90% of the eligible population of the UK will be fully vaccinated by the middle of august the only people not getting vaccines are the stupid twerps who take notice of the unqualified pundits on social media

23 minutes ago, WingFat said:

The Pfizer vaccine can be defrosted and stored in a refrigerator for up to a week

25 minutes ago, WingFat said:

Precious items like vaccines are subject to strict cold chain shipping rules. I don't think they're going to be entrusted to motorbikes for delivery. Of course, you could be joking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Precious items like vaccines are subject to strict cold chain shipping rules. I don't think they're going to be entrusted to motorbikes for delivery. Of course, you could be joking.

Yeah, I was joking...sort of...

22 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

No, no, no!  You must be doing some type of new math or something.

The great Prayut said just a day or two ago that he promised ALL Thais would be vaccinated this year.

I am sure my wife used the same calculator as prayut during our divorce settlement 

• Haha 2

On 7/20/2021 at 11:50 AM, mommysboy said:

It's a good vaccine. I reckon there's about 25% chance of suffering rather harsh symptoms (yours were mild), so I'd rather go with the Sinovac.  Each to his own I guess.

Have you any evidence whatsoever to support your wildly inflamatory figures....no I thought not !

On 7/20/2021 at 1:16 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well done .

But now is a good time to think about getting further vaccines for next year when the 20 million jabs have been injected .

Order some more for next year , Now 

previous message wrong sorry. UK used AstraZeneca

Edited by jcojco
wrong statement sorry

one has to be careful when reading about the vaccination numbers.

the 2 dosages are quite essential  .there are reports in UK medical journal specifies that 

"The full study published on Wednesday found that one dose of Pfizer's shot was 36% effective, and one dose of AstraZeneca's vaccine was around 30% effective."

taking it with a grain a salt, No matter how efficient is the vaccine. It is safe to assume that any one needs the 2 dosages to be fully vaccinated.

22 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

20 million vaccinations signed here, 50 million signed there, 30 millions, 10 millions, whatever-how-many millions .......... all the while billions of Baht already spent and yet no vaccinations ..... your call! 

the superb chinese subs are muck more important....

23 hours ago, steevjee said:

Wont happen, they'll be hanging out until the last minute to see if their own vaccine actually works, by then sadly it will be far too late for thousands.  It's all about the money honey, very few of the poor villagers that die are Government supporters

thais all know their gov <deleted>....... well all are really.....