Passport Renewal

Next year I have to renew my passport.

I will check the details fully next year. I understand that I attend an appointment at an agency off Sukhumvit who take my passport and send it off to the UK for renewal. The new passport is then posted back to me.

What measures are in place If I have to attend a 90 days check if I don't have the passport? 

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your passport is returned to you after lodging your application.  You have to collect your new passport from the passport office in The Trendy, Soi 13.

Can anybody from the 'Actual Embassy' explain why they are not posted directly to us anymore and why must we engage a 5,000 baht agent.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Can anybody from the 'Actual Embassy' explain why they are not posted directly to us anymore and why must we engage a 5,000 baht agent.

Security, perhaps?   You have to sign for it and present your expiring passport for euthanising.

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Security, perhaps?   You have to sign for it and present your expiring passport for euthanising.

So you don't know. Never was a problem before. Do you work at the embassy????. if you live far from BKK then the whole cost is a lot cheaper than 2 trips to BKK so to say I don't have to use an agent is just ignorance. All was done before without 2 trips and passport cut when applying. If you are not employed by the UK government please don't speculate as to the reasons.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you don't know. Never was a problem before. Do you work at the embassy????. if you live far from BKK then the whole cost is a lot cheaper than 2 trips to BKK so to say I don't have to use an agent is just ignorance. All was done before without 2 trips and passport cut when applying. If you are not employed by the UK government please don't speculate as to the reasons.

I was making a suggestion based on probability, not speculating.  See the question mark?   

No one has to engage the services of an agent, that would be an individual's choice, and my saying that is not ignorance, it is fact.

If you, to use your words, are not employed by the UK government, perhaps you shouldn't be responding, either, or is it only me who has to comply with your exclusion directions?

2 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

The embassy doesn't care about you, just your taxes to ensure they get vaxxed but we don't, contrast how the Swiss French treat their frail elederly here.

It's not any embassy's job to "care about you" in general, neither is the embassy involved in anyone's taxes.  Switzerland and France are just two countries that are exceptions, the other 193 countries, i.e. 99% of them are the norm.

2 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

neither is the embassy involved in anyone's taxes

So are they volunteers , or paid for by British taxpayers ?

Their salaries are paid by the FCDO, yes, with tax-payer money but, despite your disparaging dig at them, the embassy staff have nothing to do with your taxes, as you suggested, in the same way that no UK council street cleaner has anything to do with tax-payers money, either.    By the way, how do you know that all the embassy staff are vaccinated, where was that reported?

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

so whingeing about 5000thb once every 10 years, the system is the system, go via an agent or go via VFS, either way it will cost, it still had an over the UK price attached when they were sent to Hong Kong. I am paid by the UK government