Sunday 25th or Monday 26th?

rott

2 hours ago, rott said:

Which is the no alcohol day.? 

Lol.  Thais call it Kaow Pansaa.  Stock up now and you'll make it through the weekend and then it won't matter.

Just remember the new rules:
"The limit on gathering changes from 50 to 5.  More than 5 people gathering is forbidden without permission from provincial officials.  More than ONE person gathering to drink alcohol is forbidden."
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/18/chonburi-chachoengsao-and-ayutthaya-added-to-maximum-control-provinces-effective-this-tuesday-royal-gazette-announces-this-morning/

So you can drink (at home) but if the neighbour comes over and some one sees each of you with a drink, they may call the fun police on you !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, statman78 said:

The calendar published at the beginning of the year by aseannow shows Sunday and Tuesday (July 25 & 27) as no alcohol days.

I have seen confusion between Sunday and Monday but never seen Tuesday mentioned. 

But I am not prepared to challenge aseannow. 

16 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Just remember the new rules:
"The limit on gathering changes from 50 to 5.  More than 5 people gathering is forbidden without permission from provincial officials.  More than ONE person gathering to drink alcohol is forbidden."
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/18/chonburi-chachoengsao-and-ayutthaya-added-to-maximum-control-provinces-effective-this-tuesday-royal-gazette-announces-this-morning/

So you can drink (at home) but if the neighbour comes over and some one sees each of you with a drink, they may call the fun police on you !

My friends and I are gonna try a Zoom meeting Saturday. All of us will be drinking alcohol. Mwuhahaha!

• Like 1

It works for me. Anyone comes to my house I can just tell them "Sorry, no booze for you as I'm already drinking so it would be illegal to let you drink as well !"

Still can't figure out the logic of that.

I can have 4 people come to my house (gatherings of up to 5 people allowed). No problem if the 5 of us sit around eating BBQ and watching a movie or whatever.

But if 2 of them have a beer it's illegal ! Because they would be "covid immune" if no one drank and still immune if only 1 person drinks, but if 2 drink look out ! It's a potential outbreak !

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It works for me. Anyone comes to my house I can just tell them "Sorry, no booze for you as I'm already drinking so it would be illegal to let you drink as well !"

Still can't figure out the logic of that.

I can have 4 people come to my house (gatherings of up to 5 people allowed). No problem if the 5 of us sit around eating BBQ and watching a movie or whatever.

But if 2 of them have a beer it's illegal ! Because they would be "covid immune" if no one drank and still immune if only 1 person drinks, but if 2 drink look out ! It's a potential outbreak !

Then take it in turns to have a swig.

• Haha 1

My local 711 owner told me today it's 100% Saturday and Sunday no alc sales.

Funnily 2 other staff who know me also reminded me as I made my way to the cooler. 

I also asked the boss what was Thai for Lockdown.....he replied "Marriage "

• Haha 1

24!(tomorrow) and 25 (Sunday).

Monday 26 is the substitute, nothing special.

Tuesday 27 has been cancelled as extra holiday.

Wednesday 28 is Kings Birthday. No special restrictions.

24 Asanha Bucha

25 Kao Phansa

july2564.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A lone voice in the wilderness of misinformation :clap2:

So much conflicting and wrong information.

24 and 25 are the (major) Buddhist holidays and so imply a ban.

(a decision of this wise leadership that ALL Buddhist holidays have alcohol ban)

26 and 27 are regular working days, plain nothing.

Kings Birthday never had alcohol ban (even under Bhumibol).

Banks and immigration are closed on Monday, the 26th, and Wednesday the 28th (king's birthday), however. Listed on bank web sites and ASEAN Now visa forum. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Bought booze today.

Sales ban finished midnight Sunday.

Never a word about booze ban after 24/25 from me.

Just in error about today's government holiday.

Tomorrow 27 normal working day.

Coming Wednesday 28 also government holiday but no booze ban.

• Like 1