3 months of semi-lockdown required to bring pandemic under control – KKP Research

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

KKP Research, of Kiatnakin Phatra Bank, has predicted that the latest COVID-19 outbreak will be longer than expected, due to the Delta variant, the slow imposition of lockdown measures and slow roll out of mass vaccinations, and that semi-lockdown measures will have to be in place for at least three months to ease the situation.

A great testament to the governments handling of the situation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Let your currency float and get value something like 1$ is 45 bth then your export industry go up like rocket. Also you maybe get tourist in country some day in future!

If they fiddle their currenct rate the US will act. Thailand is already on their currency manipulation list and has been on it for months.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/economy/officials-not-worried-thailand-remains-on-us-currency-watch-list

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

I'm sure most of my former textile manufacturing customers are not having their best days in 2021.

I am sure the worldwide market as well as domestic is depressed, but I hear of many still at work in dark red zones.... impossible to prevent spread in these circumstances. They still go home at night. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Three months of semi-lockdown may help a little but what is really needed and of an immediate priority is country wide vaccination with vaccines known to be highly effective against the DELTA variant, stricter limits on province to province travel especially over holiday periods and strict enforcement of gathering limits.  Just go to the beaches on any non work day to see fairly large gatherings, no masks, no social distancing and plenty of alcohol.  And yes, you will probably see some foreigners there but they will be in the minority.      

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

I don't know if you live here. But if you do, and things do come unglued, those of us who are foreigners may think we can sit it out. But don't be surprised if while taking so much as a 100 meter walk to the nearest ATM you are robbed and beaten. People desperate for money to pay their rent, find food for their family, or pay their electric bill are going to see you as the natural target. Of course, I could be wrong, and I suppose the police will do everything in their power to protect you.

Bro. That’s not a possible scenario. Do u live here? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Until you have a real vaccination plan, with at least 100 mm doses of a real vaccine IN HAND, defining any lockdown period is folly.

The semi- quasi- mini- half-vaxxed lockdown will last until real vaccines are administered at the rate of 750,000 per day (min).

Until then it will be an endless series of wave, lockdown, opening, wave, lockdown, opening.  Way past the definition of "insanity".

What would you recommend. 

Let's assume vaccine (other than sinovac) not available in meaningful supply until next year. 

BTW 750K per day won't happen. The first big push in vaccination effort reached bit under 500k (June 7)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

People have been talking endlessly here on the Subject of total vaccination 

For the whole population  no one in Government were listening 

There now should be a restricted lockdown until years end 

Concentrate on getting the vaccination program  on track 

For the whole Country not just your Phuket sandbox ect 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Recent study of delta fatality rates after transmission in the uk show fatality rate of .2 to .3 compared to alpha strain of 1.8 to 2 .....180000 cases study in my understanding of maths the likelihood of dying from the delta is between 1 in 500 to I in 333 after being diagnosed with it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1