Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The case was reported at the IB's press conference at Suan Phlu, Bangkok yesterday with a large vinyl board erected that referred to the US man's skin color saying that he had tried to pick a fight. 

Whether you agree or not about him wearing a mask i don't think a fair scenario has been given of the event. In the video he clearly states that he is not going to fight the man. although states that if he were in his country he would now be six foot under now.

He is obviously aggrieved that the other guy has heckled him about having no mask and is trying to claim that when he hands over his money he has just as much chance of spreading the virus to the other person.

If he had been asked by a member of staff to wear a mask he may of been compliant without any issue.

It is always hard when someone out of the blue starts heckling you in a harsh manner where upon you will then not comply even if you think they have good/some reason for their actions.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Where is this "around here" where a very small percentage of people are wearing masks. In Pattaya everyone is wearing masks. You can't get into a store without one and even on motorcycles everyone is wearing one.

Try Isaan 

worn to enter large stores, then often lowered 

smaller local stores, not many , 

outside, in cars, on bikes, your having a laugh !!

although often see the idiots on their Waves, wearing a mask while bombing around without helmets, lights, etc, 

19 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

If you prevent someone catching it you prevent the spread. There, now you learnt two things today!

So masks prevent the spread, and also prevent the catching of it 

amazing 

95D67DC2-292E-4A51-A4C1-C3AAC36AFE1B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Don't bring your American politicization of mask-wearing to Thailand. It's not wanted. 

Anything that hastens their decision to let people go out without masks is wanted. Not that this would do that. I would guess a big reason masks are not required in many parts of the US is exactly because people fought back against it. Does not have to follow the same course in Thailand, but whatever gets them to consider stopping the insanity I am for. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Being Taco, I would like to give an official pardon to Clarence, soon to be printed in the Royal Gazette. I have looked at the evidence and it appears Clarence was making room for a taco to go into his mouth.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No, I am not having a laugh. In Central Pattaya, where I live, everyone is wearing a mask, including people walking on the street and riding motorcycles. You have to look VERY hard to find anyone without one.... and it has been this way for a very long time.

time to move to Isaan then

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Yes some prefer you stay "asleep" instead of being aware aka "woke"

The less you know the more you obey.....almost like a certain cult(ahem)

maybe this guy should have made a "run for the border"(taco bell nod)

Wut?!

• Confused 1