Thailand reports daily record of 16,533 new coronavirus cases

webfact

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There is a flaw in your logic.

If hospitals are swamped by infections, then the death toll increases significantly. Lockdowns serve to delay infections, so hospitals are not swamped, present country excepted.

Also, Mexico is a catastrophe with excess mortality stats showing the death toll around 500,000 in the last year.

indeed i suggest that thailand will have to accept a high level of death tolls, something

like 100,000 a year (in this level of infection). this is what mexico did.

and by the way, the death toll in mexico is 238,000 officially, and 380,000 less officially.

that is for a country of 160 million people, so it is not much worse than hungary.

on the other hand, mexico was NEVER CLOSED, tourism industry NEVER INTERRUPTED

and you can just fly there and get in with no PCR test and NO QUARANTINE.

one thing it proves is that this corona is not that bad. no need to destroy a whole

country just to look good in the eyes of WHO idiots.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Interesting to note the two people who have liked your post so far. 

If the government continues to be incapable (or reluctant) of offering financial support to those who can no longer make any income then I agreed with the poster that lockdowns are not sustainable.   There has to be a tipping point where the deaths due to lockdown are higher than the deaths due to covid.   I suspect this is not too far away.   Unless of course not having any money to either pay your rent or buy food is considered a minor inconvenience in this country and those who have no money to do either of those things just need to "suck it up" as it's only a few weeks/months/years etc.    

Genuine questions - if the government here cannot provide financial support to those who have had their businesses closed, how long do you think the current lockdown in this format can be sustained?   How long do you think you could survive for without any savings or any income in this country?   

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, sucit said:

there are two ways to die in all this mess, covid and from lockdowns. The completely clueless among us only think and worry about one of those two ways. 

exactly. lockdowns DO KILL IN COUNTLESS WAYS.

there is even an unspoken spike in domestic violence cases, the natural result of too many

man locked down in their houses with no job and no work.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

image.png.29e7d51bb57f0d899b5db33e5646a3c5.png

image.png.5e344bec5f8481e27188b43a85d8fce1.png

Probably the quickest and most reliable way to get infected...

Been holding off replying to these pictures from various posters. 

Indeed that is possibly the situation in the morning.  Not sure how many are walk ins. It seems gov or whoever indicated that walk in would stop at some point and that led to big numbers Tuesday. 

My experience yesterday was nothing like that with time slot 4pm + for 60+ yr old farang.

First pic below is the worst one I had 'stand up queue'. That was about 30-40 mins. Next sit down queue area was paperwork and then jab. Not too bad.

IMG_20210727_152807.jpg

IMG_20210727_162344.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, James105 said:

There has to be a tipping point where the deaths due to lockdown are higher than the deaths due to covid.  

You may not have thought this through. 

What you are saying is that a lockdown may be so effective that Covid deaths are lower than deaths from causes other than illness. And you think that is a bad things. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

my conclusions after 15 months of observing and studying the corona situation are two:

1. lockdowns do not work, because you cannot lock the whole country forever, lockdowns are

only good for helping the system to gain time and to organise.

2. vaccines do work, but not in reducing infections. vaccines are good for preventing hard symptoms.

3. thailand should look at mexico and do as mexico did. open all country NOW and accept 20-40 thousands covid deaths a year, until full vaccinations.

otherwise, the death toll from broken ecobomy will be much higher.

Your statement in point 3 isn't discussable from a moral standpoint, but it's also wrong because you think that the "economical effect" in an non-lockdown country,  when we would let people die, wouldn't be the same like in a country with a lockdown. Well, that's people with money and purchasing power who will die. For the economy it would mean the same impact. same same but different you know. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Been holding off replying to these pictures from various posters. 

Indeed that is possibly the situation in the morning.  Not sure how many are walk ins. 

My experience yesterday was nothing like that with time slot 4pm + for 60+ yr old farang.

First pic below is the worst one I had 'stand up queue'. That was about 30-40 mins. Next sit down queue area was paperwork and then jab. Not too bad.

IMG_20210727_152807.jpg

IMG_20210727_162344.jpg

Exactly.

As stated earlier most will try their luck on the off chance they will be vacinated.  None have registered.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are official figures, as I posted with weblinks above, including the government's own 2010 Census report and its chart below:

Screenshot_6.jpg.bbbe53610a672506aac07848e263ecde.jpg

1484586173_2020BKKPopEstimate.jpg.950aa9c9ce13fb3599e79a8ccc0667f2.jpg

Again, that doesn't tell you how many Thais reside in Bangkok now, after many have left due to losing their jobs in 2020 or 2021.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Exactly.

As stated earlier most will try their luck on the off chance they will be vacinated.  None have registered.

Bit of heads up for 60+ farang. 

Don't do what I did which was arrive at 3.30 for 4pm appointment. 

The 4 appointment just means come post 4pm. 

When I was in jab section many waiting chairs were being removed and the place seemed far less crowded. 

Only a guess but perhaps they only allow certain number of walk in Thai and that starts to finish up soon after 4.30

House Speaker Chuan Leekpai said he has asked Foreign Minister Don Paramatwinai to flex some friendly muscle and ask for vaccine donation from the US which has 50 million doses left over. Don says MOFA is working on it and nothing has come out of it yet.

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1420241740036939781

https://www.matichon.co.th/politics/news_2853388

I was always under the impression that as the boss its down to you to take difficult decisions and if that means sacking people then do it, asking them to resign in public shows your weakness.....................aside from your own people telling you to resign yourself.

"Prayut: ministers not doing anything or unable 2show results in tackling #COVID19 outbreak should resign. It came after weeks of protesters calling Prayut 2resign over COVID-19 management meltdown."

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1420233333267582979

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Before I answer your questions, can you give some insight on why you believe the tipping point in terms of deaths due to lockdowns exceeding deaths due to Covid, is not too far away?

Societal breakdown would be my answer.   Have any other countries tried an extended lockdown without providing any financial support for the people who worked in the businesses they forced to close?  I may be wrong but I think Thailand is the first to try it this way.    Last year they provided a small amount of financial support, the lockdown was shorter and there was a light at the end of the tunnel.   None of that applies this time.