MedPark Hospital - Will I definately get Pfizer ?

vision2014

12 hours ago, fredscats said:

You might be in for a change of mind

I actually already got AZ last month. A friend who registered through the expatvac website got a confirmation for Pfizer for August 8. It says on the appointment it will be Pfizer, will update again once it’s done. 

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Just your wild assumption. Why make such comment when you have no facts?

According to a leaked document outlining the vaccine roll-out to 322,800 frontline medical staff in provinces nationwide, excluding Bangkok, scheduled for Wednesday until tomorrow, Nakhon Ratchasima would receive the most doses (15,360), followed by Chon Buri ( 12,720 doses), and Nonthaburi (11,280 doses).

I do read ya know....got vaxxed yesterday  no modera   Could be returning home with sore head,high BP,straight to bed

27 minutes ago, fredscats said:

According to a leaked document outlining the vaccine roll-out to 322,800 frontline medical staff in provinces nationwide, excluding Bangkok, scheduled for Wednesday until tomorrow, Nakhon Ratchasima would receive the most doses (15,360), followed by Chon Buri ( 12,720 doses), and Nonthaburi (11,280 doses).

I do read ya know....got vaxxed yesterday  no modera   Could be returning home with sore head,high BP,straight to bed

"...I do read ya know....got vaxxed yesterday  no modera   Could be returning home with sore head,high BP,straight to bed

Hundreds of millions of people all over the world have already had many different vaccines single and double doses. Overall the reaction and death rate proven to be caused by Covid 19 vaccines is very very tiny and much has ben learned in terms of existing health issues which could indicate that, for some folks (very small numbers) it might be best to avoid certain Covid 19 vaccines.

But you go straight ahead with "...could be returning home with sore head,high BP,straight to bed."

What's your objective? Are you trying to trick people/frighten people to believe that it's very likely to react to a vaccine with a sore head and high blood pressure?

Shame on you.

Edited by scorecard

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"...I do read ya know....got vaxxed yesterday  no modera   Could be returning home with sore head,high BP,straight to bed

igh BP,straight to bed."

What's your objective? Are you trying to trick people/frighten people to believe that it's very likely to react to a vaccine with a sore head and high blood pressure?

Shame on you.

LOL your objection it to me having those effects,and informing same,shame on you for objecting

Usually BP is nowhere near 120  morelike 110,  189  on first sit down test ,  would not tell on second, stated lower,fed up then, taxi driver at door  lets go....but day after still feel like <deleted>

In the mean time Im thinking "You can have any colour as long as its black"  az for all farang     Ya paid for it You will all be getting that

Edited by fredscats

38 minutes ago, fredscats said:

LOL your objection it to me having those effects,and informing same,shame on you for objecting

Usually BP is nowhere near 120  morelike 110,  189  on first sit down test ,  would not tell on second, stated lower,fed up then, taxi driver at door  lets go....but day after still feel like <deleted>

In the mean time Im thinking "You can have any colour as long as its black"  az for all farang     Ya paid for it You will all be getting that

• Read again, that's not what I said at all.

Usually BP is nowhere near 120  morelike 110,  189  on first sit down test

• Everybody's blood pressure changes constantly and can  be a very standard reading for many folks  110 / 120, but with sudden very high peaks 189 for a short time when the person has experienced stress etc. Very normal.
  • ated lower,fed up then, taxi driver at door  lets go....but day after still feel like <deleted>

• Initially you wrote 'could be', now you've changed your dialogue to mean it's actually happened. 
  • Which is it?

• I have 2 farang friends in Pattaya who heard that on that day they were vaccinating farang at the Bang Sue new station for 2 days. This was about 8/10 days ago.
  • They both went and both got the Pfizer vaccine and were given a card with a date to return for 2nd jab, card mentions Pfizer.
  • Here, in Australia, the very credible/well respected health officials (doctors/researchers) are saying repeatedly that 1st shot of AZ and 2nd Pfizer (or reverse) is quite good. 
  • Here, the numbers of reactions, overall - to all vaccines, is very tiny. The authorities have recorded /analysed local /world-wide reactions and shared their findings/suggestions with doctors all over re doctors/hospitals etc., should reactions occur. And suggestions (from the research) of how to treat any reactions.
  • In one state, 2 days ago, the state health minister pleaded with all concerned to stop talking about 'maybe/could be/perhaps' reactions. And to stop suggesting to people to take panadol/tylenol, etc., before their jab.

•  

Edited by scorecard

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

• Read again, that's not what I said at all.

Usually BP is nowhere near 120  morelike 110,  189  on first sit down test

• Everybody's blood pressure changes constantly and can  be a very standard reading for many folks  110 / 120, but with sudden very high peaks 189 for a short time when the person has experienced stress etc. Very normal.
  • ated lower,fed up then, taxi driver at door  lets go....but day after still feel like <deleted>

• Initially you wrote 'could be', now you've changed your dialogue to mean it's actually happened. 
  • Which is it?

• I have 2 farang friends in Pattaya who heard that on that day they were vaccinating farang at the Bang Sue new station for 2 days. This was about 8/10 days ago.
  • They both went and both got the Pfizer vaccine and were given a card with a date to return for 2nd jab, card mentions Pfizer.
  • Here, in Australia, the very credible/well respected health officials (doctors/researchers) are saying repeatedly that 1st shot of AZ and 2nd Pfizer (or reverse) is quite good. 
  • Here, the numbers of reactions, overall - to all vaccines, is very tiny. The authorities have recorded /analysed local /world-wide reactions and shared their findings/suggestions with doctors all over re doctors/hospitals etc., should reactions occur. And suggestions (from the research) of how to treat any reactions.
  • In one state, 2 days ago, the state health minister pleaded with all concerned to stop talking about 'maybe/could be/perhaps' reactions. And to stop suggesting to people to take panadol/tylenol, etc., before their jab.

•  

LOL   Third person singular   lol     yes it happened to moi   "could be to you too"    Nothing better to do,get outside for a bit,wish I could ,off to bed again

First nurse  "its high  (BP)  second nurse "its lower"  me to taxi guy "lets go"   lol

Edited by fredscats

5 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Astra

Thanks I misread your post, thinking your next appt was 27 Aug and thus maybe sinovac.

Seven weeks, in your case, is a new interval for AstraZeneca I've not seen.

Have seen 4/6/8/12/16 weeks.

I have an appointment  for 15th August

at MedPark.

I had planned to travel down from Chiang Mai, but since booking I am not sure that my journey to Bangkok would  even be allowed ?

Is anyone else from CM planning this journey?

On 8/5/2021 at 11:40 AM, scorecard said:

The pfizer did not arrive until the 30th, so i doubt it was administered 8 or 10 days ago at bang sue, to non Thais

30 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I have an appointment  for 15th August

at MedPark.

I had planned to travel down from Chiang Mai, but since booking I am not sure that my journey to Bangkok would  even be allowed ?

Is anyone else from CM planning this journey?

I think you wiill find that all the appointments have been changed to any time between 8 and 5pm and can be any day between the 10th and the 20th, ( dates may be wrong emils have been sent by medpark

On 8/5/2021 at 11:40 AM, scorecard said:
  • They both went and both got the Pfizer vaccine and were given a card with a date to return for 2nd jab, card mentions Pfizer

pfizer did not arrive in Thailand untill the 30th, so i doubt that it was given to non front line staff 8 or 10 days ago, before it arrived

29 minutes ago, steve187 said:

I think you wiill find that all the appointments have been changed to any time between 8 and 5pm and can be any day between the 10th and the 20th, ( dates may be wrong emils have been sent by medpark

pfizer did not arrive in Thailand untill the 30th, so i doubt that it was given to non front line staff 8 or 10 days ago, before it arrived

I don't understand what you are saying Steve?

We have an appointment  scheduled for 3.30pm, we even spoke to them to confirm this 2 days ago

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Thanks I misread your post, thinking your next appt was 27 Aug and thus maybe sinovac.

Seven weeks, in your case, is a new interval for AstraZeneca I've not seen.

Have seen 4/6/8/12/16 weeks.

it may have something to do with the grand opening of the station as a station on Nov 1st.

10 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I don't understand what you are saying Steve?

We have an appointment  scheduled for 3.30pm, we even spoke to them to confirm this 2 days ago

a friend ( i booked the appointment for ) received an email from medpark on the 4th, stating that due to the curfew, he can go at anytime 8-5 on anyday 13-20th, he was originally booked for 5pm on the 15th) i will try and get him to forward on the email to me. maybe does not apply to everyone, i found it strange that no one else had mentioned it. 

from medpark ( maybe doesn't apply to everyone) 

''With the recent announcement on the continuation of curfew hours, we realized that everyone may want a bit more flexibility to be able to get home a little earlier. Because of this, we’ve moved your appointment up so it is earlier in the day. And to give you flexibility, you can choose to get vaccinated at MedPark any day from 13 - 20 August, 2021 at any time between 08:00 to 17:00 hrs.

We hope this works better for you. Please arrive within the above time period, and show your original copy of current passport along with this email. Please let us know if this schedule does not work for you, and we can work something out!
See you at MedPark!
MedPark Team''

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, steve187 said:

a friend ( i booked the appointment for ) received an email from medpark on the 4th, stating that due to the curfew, he can go at anytime 8-5 on anyday 13-20th, he was originally booked for 5pm on the 15th) i will try and get him to forward on the email to me. maybe does not apply to everyone, i found it strange that no one else had mentioned it. 

''With the recent announcement on the continuation of curfew hours, we realized that everyone may want a bit more flexibility to be able to get home a little earlier. Because of this, we’ve moved your appointment up so it is earlier in the day. And to give you flexibility, you can choose to get vaccinated at MedPark any day from 13 - 20 August, 2021 at any time between 08:00 to 17:00 hrs.

We hope this works better for you. Please arrive within the above time period, and show your original copy of current passport along with this email. Please let us know if this schedule does not work for you, and we can work something out!
See you at MedPark!
MedPark Team''

Same for me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, steve187 said:

See you at MedPark!
MedPark Team''

Interesting 

I booked an appointment with MedPark for Wed 11th Aug at 19.30 . ( prefers Pfizer). A couple of days later I got an email stating I can go from 10-12th August at anytime between 08.00 to 17.00 hrs.

From my expirience you could walk in at any time,of the appointed day and get jabbed,not exactly stuffed to the rafters,its only the 30 minute pooling awaiting bp results that holds things up,but then you could siddle up to the coffee bar,now that would really put the BP up at those prices

I did registered at Medpark https://thailandintervac.com/  where you can see/find which facilities accepting registration and if you keep coming back to the site you would see which of the medical centers or hospitals accepting registration.

I did register with Medpark Hospital and fill up the form attached what needed (I chose 13th Aug at 2.30 pm as my preferred date) I chose Pfizer and then received an email telling me that my registration is a success and I have to wait for a confirmation email for vaccination appointment, but after 2 days nothing happened so I called Medpark hospital directly and told about my registration, they asked me some questions about my registration info. then they confirmed to me (yes) they have my details and I was already booked for the 16th at 2.30 pm of this month to go and get my Pfizer first shot as their system shows. (I doubt they would change the vaccine you selected without telling us). 

but I did ask them why there is no confirmation email of the appointment details, the answer was they don't know but he said good that I called. and to be sure after another 3 days I called again to be sure that all the previous confirmation is still standing and it looks like it is still good to go.

So guys, try to register in one of the facilities close to you https://thailandintervac.com/  and follow up your registration and don't feel frustrated if you have to wait till someone picks up your call (that's what happened with me but all good ).

lets hope that the 16th will be still standing and not canceled..!

Stay Safe

On 8/7/2021 at 4:58 AM, mrwebb8825 said:

it may have something to do with the grand opening of the station as a station on Nov 1st.

The gap for 1st to 2nd Astra Zenica jab is changing by the minute here in Australia, right down to 7 days.  

I'm scheduled for my 2nd jab at Phyathai-2 mid September.  OK with it being AZ but if Pfizer is offered by that time will take that.  Studies I've scanned are showing that particular AZ/Pfizer combo is equally effective as two MRNA's jabs when it comes to antibodies,  and for T-cell response is proving superior - the later may be what is needed to fight off Lambda and newer variants.

Just e-mailed Medpark to make sure my appt date and time in about a week have not somehow changed and if there is a choice between AZ or Pfizer (only AZ as a choice when I signed up).  I have already checked up on this appt about 8 days ago and the response was a confirmation of the appt for AZ. Will post what they reply to this latest one.

What worries me is firstly is if I can get out of CM to drive  to BK and then would I have to quarantine in BK ?

I know I would have  to quarantine  on the return leg

Secondly, who knows what restrictions will be in force  when it comes to getting the second vaccination?

If things deteriorate  I could be stuck in CM without a possibility of getting back to BK.

It's all very ???? worrying to be honest

5 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Just e-mailed Medpark to make sure my appt date and time in about a week have not somehow changed and if there is a choice between AZ or Pfizer (only AZ as a choice when I signed up).  I have already checked up on this appt about 8 days ago and the response was a confirmation of the appt for AZ. Will post what they reply to this latest one.

Received an e-mail back from Medpark about 90min after I sent it with confirmation of the date and time and will be AZ with no option to change.

15 hours ago, lightsidecat said:

I'm scheduled for my 2nd jab at Phyathai-2 mid September.  OK with it being AZ but if Pfizer is offered by that time will take that.  Studies I've scanned are showing that particular AZ/Pfizer combo is equally effective as two MRNA's jabs when it comes to antibodies,  and for T-cell response is proving superior - the later may be what is needed to fight off Lambda and newer variants.

I'm still thinking about just flying back to the states for a double Moderna set and real vaccine card. My prepaid moderna shots here are due "sometime in Oct." for the 1st and hopefully by next year for the 2nd so...

Thailand is so full of thieves and scammers at the top (high speed rail and rice market manipulation spring to mind) that I really don't trust them with this.

ETA: There was also a FB post in Thai back in May showing the gen proudly displaying his vax card listing 2 shots of Moderna received on the same day. ????

Edited by mrwebb8825

13 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

What worries me is firstly is if I can get out of CM to drive  to BK and then would I have to quarantine in BK ?

I know I would have  to quarantine  on the return leg

Secondly, who knows what restrictions will be in force  when it comes to getting the second vaccination?

If things deteriorate  I could be stuck in CM without a possibility of getting back to BK.

It's all very ???? worrying to be honest

My wife and I yesterday drove from the North of Thailand to BKK, we prepared copies of my appointment emails and passport.

we both tried to get a QR code (permission to travel) but the website was not working - we entered our data but when confirming it to the site the screen gave us a continual ‘saving’ message.

Nevertheless we set off and arrived without passing through any check points.

No indication at all that there are any restrictions in place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1