US man stuck in Thailand after positive COVID-19 test

webfact

38 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes agree but didn't it say he failed his first test 

He is double vaccinated, which is an entry requirement. But, his plans quickly unraveled when his COVID-19 test upon arriving in Phuket came back positive.

I have been saying for weeks now that covid is rampant in Phuket and they are keeping a lid on it for obvious reasons

He failed his first test, so nothing to do with your opinion that covid is rampant on the island.

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He failed his first test, so nothing to do with your opinion that covid is rampant on the island.

With 65 new local cases to be added to the official covid statistics today then its no longer an opinion, its pretty clear covid is again rampant in Phuket

11 hours ago, driver52 said:

hold on he tested positive to a test? A test for a coronavirus? So which 'coronavirus' did he actually have? ????

"Like, OMG, like, it's totally the 19th one!  It's, like, right there in the name!  Duh, you guys!"

image.png.7339d452588a64c361fdd4cad2db960f.png

????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

You no doubt never had to quarantine 15days in thailand.  When you cant leave the room on solitary confinement for 15 days….its a sorta like jail.  I guess home /hotel  confinement wasnt going to be option.  Hospitals need to make money too

Ummm, I flew into BKK earlier this year and did the ASQ hotel stay, I was confined to my room, not allowed to leave, "solitary confinement",  but never did I act like a drama queen saying I was in jail.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I thought all visitors to Phuket are supposed to be Covid negative? 

This shows that Covid certificates or vaccination records can be faked....

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:10 AM, cyril sneer said:

doesn't this happen all the time?

43 times to date according to these figures from the tatnews.org website. Plus an odd number I hadn't noticed before "High Risk Case: 8 persons". I'm assuming that's the number of tourists in quarantine right now because of them being in close proximity to someone with COVID-19, but tested negative. Somehow I had imagined this number to be secret and much higher than 8.

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 20.00.02.png

Edited by ACB21
added image of COVID numbers
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

I thought all visitors to Phuket are supposed to be Covid negative? 

This shows that Covid certificates or vaccination records can be faked....

Much more likely it shows that people can get infected after a test.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ACB21 said:

43 times to date according to these figures from the tatnews.org website. Plus an odd number I hadn't noticed before "High Risk Case: 8 persons". I'm assuming that's the number of tourists in quarantine right now because of them being in close proximity to someone with COVID-19, but tested negative. Somehow I had imagined this number to be secret and much higher than 8.

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 20.00.02.png

Looking at the numbers the 'high risk cases' you mention are not included in those who tested negative. I agree with you that the numbers of 'close proximity but tested negative' should be higher, therefore could these high risk cases' be the inconclusive test results?

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Much more likely it shows that people can get infected after a test.

The short window between getting testing and getting on a plane exclude that possibility.

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

The short window between getting testing and getting on a plane exclude that possibility.

About 3 days between the test prior to boarding the plane and the test upon arrival.

And him traveling in two planes and circulating through 3 airports, apart from his normal activities two days before the trip.

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

You mean 72 hours + flight time excludes that possibility? Please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considering how many COVID cases are still happening in the USA, this guy took the gamble

and lost. Time at the airport in the USA, a long time in the air on more than one airliner, time

in a stop over airport, lots of risk involved.  This is my one big reason for not being anxious to

travel anywhere, for now. He is in Phuket, yes? If so he will be able to go to the beach after he

is out of the ASQ and then can holiday or what ever. Too bad for his drama. 

Geezer