Scottish expat stabbed after filming robbery of gasoline machine in Chachoengsao

webfact

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Usually! Do you have much experience? Do you personally know many Thais that react the same way?

You know what I think. I think you just read too much news, and suddenly believe that the ones behaving like that represent the majority. That´s the scary stuff here.

That - violent reaction - is what we usually hear from other Thais that tries to protect a foreigner, and that's what we usually read in the news, i.e. don't get involved in any kind of conflict with Thai males; sad but likely the truth.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Usually! Do you have much experience? Do you personally know many Thais that react the same way?

You know what I think. I think you just read too much news, and suddenly believe that the ones behaving like that represent the majority. That´s the scary stuff here.

And you, you should watch Amarin 34 every night at 8:30 p.m., you would discover how kind and kind they are to their fellow men. Talk to their wife first.

12 minutes ago, Almer said:

2 years ago we were driving out of Bkk on our  way back to Issan, a bit of a commotion erupted in front of us and a male got out if his driving seat walked around to the nearside rear and very physically dragged a woman out of the car by her hair, with that i opened the car door and was pulled  back in by a screaming  wife, don't get involves she said , i answered he cant do that, whilst we were debating a taxi driver went to the woman's aid  and low  and behold the taxi driver is now under attack from the man and the woman, the mrs looked at me and in a charming way shrugged her shoulders and said, never get involved in Thailand.

So you left the taxi driver to the mercy of the pair and drove off? Though your Mrs is probably right.

Edited by Spock
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Best advice for any foriegner, turn away, TIT, Dont get involved in anything. whether you are right or wrong you will pay one way or another.

the best advice anyone could use in this place.     otherwise get involved and you may end up in the Chayo with concrete boots.

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Welcome to the forum, with an attitude like that I'm sure you'll make many friends here ????????????

So, If you don´t fall into the line of the deluded, you will have a hard time. 

Never mind, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, silver sea said:

Ezzra is one of the regulars on this Forum who posts a lot, and is popular with the other readers. I suspect that he missed out a word:  the word “don’t”; or maybe spellcheck changed, for some reason, what he typed and put in “to” instead. 

Possibly, what ezzra meant to type was:

“Scary stuff, Thais usually don’t react that way even the worse of them, that guy must have been really peed off seeing someone filming him...”

ezzra’s comment makes no sense without the word “don’t”.

One of my common faults, when typing, is to leave out negatives like “don’t” and “not”. I do it all the time. And spell check hates me; it’s always ‘correcting’ what I type.

Live and let live, mate. People sometimes complain that it’s always the same small number of members who keep posting on these threads.

You know what I think? Part of the reason why more people don’t post here is because of aggressive comments like yours. Why post a comment if you’re going to get a response, or an opinion like yours? 

Possible.

56 minutes ago, khunPer said:

That - violent reaction - is what we usually hear from other Thais that tries to protect a foreigner, and that's what we usually read in the news, i.e. don't get involved in any kind of conflict with Thai males; sad but likely the truth.

Yep, there we have it again. Likely!? Guess work at it´s best, or have you been attacked more than once. Maybe have experience of thousands of such guys with Thai nationality? Right dude!

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, bougnat said:
And you, you should watch Amarin 34 every night at 8:30 p.m., you would discover how kind and kind they are to their fellow men. Talk to their wife first.

How many wifes have you talked to? In that case, I do understand your problems.

Is the word 'stabbed' in the headline correct?

Yes, he attacked him with the king knife and yes he hurt the Scot's arm, but it's nit so easy to stab someone in the arm, especially with a weapon that long. And if you were stabbed with that, you'd sure as hell know about it.

Fair play to the Scot* though. I hope he's ok.

*Wouldn't we normally refer to these people as Brits? ????

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Best advice for any foriegner, turn away, TIT, Dont get involved in anything. whether you are right or wrong you will pay one way or another.

That's going to get foreigners a great reputation as spineless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2