One dose of AstraZeneca “highly effective” against different variants, study shows

webfact

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Good to hear this.

Still countries who will not use it mainly the U.S. giving all 60 million doses away.

The US does not use it because two vaccines Pfizer and Moderna produced within the USA have proven to have similar if not better effectiveness.

3 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

I have  had an initial jab of AZ so I hope in mid October I will actually receive the second as "promised" on my vaccination slip!

Same same.   First one back in June, next scheduled for next month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nojohndoe said:

I have  had an initial jab of AZ so I hope in mid October I will actually receive the second as "promised" on my vaccination slip!

When I first had my Sinovac my 'second vaccine' was noted to be 'Sinovac' again. But that changed and I received AZ instead. Take nothing for granted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I have found that chewing raw garlic seems to keep infection at bay, at least people seem to give me a wide berth so not close enough to spread virus.

But maybe should look at alternatives like AZ ,Pf etc. Don't see much of friends any more for some reason.

No, No, No, that just keeps the Vampires away...Time to put down the wooden spike you carry and the handheld mirror........

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Japan too.

A single dose of AZ seems to be the plan-du-jour for Thailand. Then follow up with second doses when they have enough?

They did have a blow-out day yesterday, with 670,834 getting a dose (1st, 2nd and 3rd). The third-dose Pfizer booster did 175,190.

Covid-Factsheet_6-Aug_1.jpg

What evidence is there for the "plan du jour" of single shot AZ ?

No doubt Thailand will continue with the majority of shots being sinovac or sinopharm at least initially or AZ as according to established criteria.

It would be a reasonably safe bet those that got a 3rd shot of Pfizer will be front line people.

2 minutes ago, erymax said:

I go for AZ on Monday  and get the Moderna  as second dose. Seem the best combination.

Where do you think you can get the Moderna?  I was looking at either Moderna or Pfizer as my second jab but can not find anywhere to do the second dose as having had the first of AZ in June, I can not register at MedPark hospital again for Pfizer as I am scheduled for my second AZ jab there in September.  I wonder if there will be a way by then to ask them to change the AZ to Pfizer, but then I am not sure they will as many of the Pfizer jabs are going as boosters to medical staff.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where do you think you can get the Moderna?  I was looking at either Moderna or Pfizer as my second jab but can not find anywhere to do the second dose as having had the first of AZ in June, I can not register at MedPark hospital again for Pfizer as I am scheduled for my second AZ jab there in September.  I wonder if there will be a way by then to ask them to change the AZ to Pfizer, but then I am not sure they will as many of the Pfizer jabs are going as boosters to medical staff.

I registered and paid in advance for the Moderna, last week I've got a SMS to confirm it and wait for appointment in October while at the same time others got a SMS that they cannot have it and they will get a refund of the money.

• Haha 1