Kamala at night?

HansumFarang

I'm planning on heading back to Thailand via the Sandbox soon, and I was going to stay in Kamala, where I've spent time before.

Is there any nightlife to speak of in Kamala? I know officially everything has closed down. If I wanted a light beverage and a game of pool on a Saturday night, would I be out of luck?

• Like 1

Well, I won't be there for a few weeks but a quick look on Google reviews shows the most recent for Aussie Pub on the main drag (not my cup of tea, but any port in a storm) from two weeks ago, and one for Big Boys Burgers (which most definitely is) from two days ago and so it would seem that all is not lost.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Think the poster talked about a 'game of pool'

Edit - think all pool tables closed as well

I think the poster already knows about everything officially closed and talked about, nevertheless, anything still remaining open however.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, digibum said:

They’re obviously over 90 per week with the current 30 per day average, but they’ve decided to implement these crack downs on pool, alcohol, etc and see what happens.  

I heard they vaxed just about everyone there as well, but still spreading, interesting.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I heard they vaxed just about everyone there as well, but still spreading, interesting.

The trouble is that they vaxed all the locals with Sinovac which, if reports are correct, becomes much less efective after a few months. 81 cases reported yesterday alone. I really can't understand why anyone would risk coming here at the moment unless it is just to "get back in to Thailand".

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Espanol said:

I think the poster already knows about everything officially closed and talked about, nevertheless, anything still remaining open however.

It would not be advisable to post it here if anything happens to be " open " anyway.. Never know...

Out of luck. At the moment until 16th there's a ni alcohol and bars thing in effect which will likely continue as the cases doubled to 81 yesterday. Last time I rode through Kamala a couple of weeks ago the place is mostly dead. If your coming here to enjoy a drink and relaxed game of pool like times gone by I would kiss that thought goodbye. If exploring the beaches and enjoying the serenity of a Phuket without hordes of screaming Chinese and drunk tourists then your in luck. Since this sandpit thing started I have noticed a few more westerners out and about but it seems to be losing steam from what I hear. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Now why is that interesting ?? It is well known that all over the world people that are vaccinated still get infected and can still spread it . The vaccination is just to help people from getting seriously ill and hospitalized . The vaccine doesn't kill the virus . 

Not completely true. It isn't 'just to help people from getting hospitalized', it reduces the spread.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MarkT63 said:

The trouble is that they vaxed all the locals with Sinovac which, if reports are correct, becomes much less efective after a few months. 81 cases reported yesterday alone. I really can't understand why anyone would risk coming here at the moment unless it is just to "get back in to Thailand".

Where did you see 81 cases reported?

I only see 42:

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/covid-update-sunday-19983-infections-provincial-total

• Confused 1

how many bars does one need?
i figure up pre covid there were at least 2 dozen up and running, same number or more stand alone restaurants serving at least beer>

yea its not Patong....

51 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

how many bars does one need?
i figure up pre covid there were at least 2 dozen up and running, same number or more stand alone restaurants serving at least beer>

yea its not Patong....

The more the better.

Surely, you're not saying that Kamala competes with Patong for night-life. For a start, Patong has much better eye candy.

• Like 1

Stay clear of Kamala Town in Phuket. Its almost entirely Muslim with loud spekaers calling them to prayer 5 times a day and night.  My friend bought there at Kamala Regent and ended up selling it cheap. Even the local convenience shops don't stock alcohol. Its ultra ultra religious !

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Stay clear of Kamala Town in Phuket. Its almost entirely Muslim with loud spekaers calling them to prayer 5 times a day and night.  My friend bought there at Kamala Regent and ended up selling it cheap. Even the local convenience shops don't stock alcohol. Its ultra ultra religious !

The local convenience shops don't stock alcohol? How odd - a couple of years ago, there were several 7/11s selling alcohol, as well as the Tesco/Lotus and Big C, and the mom n pop shop on the main street.

• Like 1