Thailand reports 19,983 new COVID-19 cases, 138 deaths

11 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

That's even better news. If the reported infections are clumped together in construction sites, the infections in the general community are fewer.

Prob true.It is a well run site.fenced off and ive not  seen workers out buying food etc.No idea where they camp.

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Thai government has been trying to secure more vaccines and accelerate vaccine roll-out to create herd immunity. It aims to vaccinate around 70 percent of the nearly 70 million population by the end of the year.

According to Anutin were well on the way  to reaching that target... whatever that means?

Outside of Bangkok & Phuket I doubt if it's even reached 5%

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

You know the rules...

£1 in the jar

Sorry I mistakenly reported you for miss quoting me. My apologies for this as you didn't. I'm getting on a bit of a report thing here and had a bit of a hare trigger. Once again I apologise. When it comes to the trolls on here now I will not hesitate though. You are trying to turn adult discourse in to childish non rational, bickering arguement. You know who you are as do the rest of us on here.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Possibly similar to the UK where numbers often appeared to drop over weekends due to less reporting over weekends?

Is that what you mean?

An artifact is when the numbers are impacted by shortages of labor for testing, or processing of samples, usually related to a weekend, or when there is simply too much to be dealt with.

it could said that, broadly speaking, Thailand’s numbers of cases are an artifact of low testing.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Aug. 8, 2021) About 6.7% of the population is fully vaccinated. 15,843,283 (+155,992) people have received the first dose, while 4,438,168 (+31,445) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1424266690997547008

For the Govt to achieve its target of 100m does by yr end, it will take an average of 543,000 doses per day over the next 147 days.

This last week which included low numbers for Sat/Sun together with highs of over 600,000 for two days, saw on average of 398,000 doses for the week.

The Govt will have to maintain 600,000 doses per day during the weekdays and up the workload at the weekends.

It can be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's put things in perspective. I was considering a runner back to Florida until I looked at the data;

Florida Saturday ;   population 22M /  24,000 new cases / 88 deaths / 50% fully vaccinated

Thailand    ''          ;         ''           66M /  22,000       ''            / 218    ''       /  6 %         ''

Florida ;   Total cases   2,700,000  /  Total deaths 40,000  /  182 deaths per 100,000

Thailand;          ''               675,000  /           ''              6,000  /    9       ''         ''         ''

In Florida 92% of over 60 years old fully vaccinated which explains a lower death count. Thailand is on course to have 60+ vaccinated equal in 45 days or less. I have decided to take my chances here in Thailand for two more months then if no improvement run like hell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

First time in 5 days new cases dip below 20k. Total of 19,983 new infections, with 350 of those from prison and 19,633 in the community. 138 COVID deaths recorded.

The above new cases does not include new counts from rapid tests.

Rolling 7 day average (up to 6th Aug) which includes prison cases and bar chart of community cases from daily official announcements. 

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

B4E18BCE-9FA9-420B-A404-9EE6AA963A79.png

AE756BC1-CF91-4F9A-8786-9578CC63A4B6.png

Are we just seeing another of those Plateaus prior to another barrier being broken.

One event was on June 9th for several Days before numbers went above 10 K

There was one of these events for a few Days on June 25th and the numbers stalled before rising above !5 K

Another event was on July 1st for a few Days again a stall before 20 K 

Could we be seeing the stall before 25 K possibly.

I sincerely hope not, but the worst has to be expected, as the Virus has progressed with very few obstacles placed in its path in the way of restrictions or Vaccines Etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

For the Govt to achieve its target of 100m does by yr end, it will take an average of 543,000 doses per day over the next 147 days.

This last week which included low numbers for Sat/Sun together with highs of over 600,000 for two days, saw on average of 398,000 doses for the week.

The Govt will have to maintain 600,000 doses per day during the weekdays and up the workload at the weekends.

It can be done.

Can it be done with a lack of vaccines?  How many vaccines are on hand right now?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misty said:

Another set of numbers to consider:

Total tests given:

Florida: 33,639,977

Thailand:  8,129,670

Total cases to date:

Florida   2,770,817
Thailand  756,505

Considered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Sorry I mistakenly reported you for miss quoting me. My apologies for this as you didn't. I'm getting on a bit of a report thing here and had a bit of a hare trigger. Once again I apologise. When it comes to the trolls on here now I will not hesitate though. You are trying to turn adult discourse in to childish non rational, bickering arguement. You know who you are as do the rest of us on here.

Glad we have you keeping us all safe 

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Is digging a 6ft hole any better? 

Not much different I would say.  The bone fragments here and ashes are normally put inside of a tall Buddha style obelisk which line a wall at the Wats. A picture of the deceased is then placed on a piece of marble and cemented into the opening.  Families visit them just like we in the west visit grave markers or headstones where the caskets are buried 6 feet down.

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

By 70% does this mean partly of fully vaccinated? 

If you look at the MOPH graphic all will be clear

There have been some 15,862,187  receiving only one Dose, and are only partially Vaccinated

And a further 4,671,486  who have received both Doses, and are therefore fully Vaccinated

A Farmers Mile from 70 % of the population Vaccinated thus far.

• Like 2