Famous people that died too soon

My Uncle Charlie.................RIP

Funny because , my wife  was only talking about death last night-- she said , If I died before you would you remarry?

I said of course not....I would just keep banging the Fat Lao girl across the road.

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Depends what you call young, I think "too soon" is better.

Singers:

Freddy Mercury

John Lennon

Whitney Houston

Bob Marley

George Jones. Merle Haggard, Charley Pride, Hank Williams, Glen Campbell, Jim Reeves, Patsy Cline.

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Other names that spring to mind, not singers....

Brice Lee

Maralyn Monroe

Philip Seynore hoffman.

Ricky Nelson, Gene Pitney, Billy Fury, Robin Gibb, Gene Clarke.

Edited by possum1931

Keith Moon of The Who.

Keith and John Bonham (mentioned above) are wildly regarded by their peers to be the two greatest rock drummers of all time.

Not forgetting John Entwistle who is wildly regarded by his peers as one of the greatest bass guitarists of all time.

Edited by Dmaxdan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Keith Moon of The Who.

Keith and John Bonham (mentioned above) are wildly regarded by their peers to be the two greatest rock drummers of all time.

Not forgetting John Entwistle who is wildly regarded by his peers as one of the greatest bass guitarists of all time.

Let's not forget Dalian Atkinson (yes, I'm a Villain as well).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Denim said:

Jimi Hendrix 

Alexander the Great

Joan of Arc

Lady Diana

Jesus

John F Kennedy

I think a lot of people die at just the right moment.  If Jesus had lived another thirty years after his crucifiction, I am not sure that would have been helpful.  JF Kennedy was made most famous by his assassination, and his earlier life would not have gained its historical importance had he dwindled gradually into obscurity,

If God had wanted people to die later, or earlier, he would have had them smoke more, or less, or dealt with the sniper's bullet.  Imagine if Ronald Reagan had become the martyr that Kennedy did?

Everybody dies.  None of our timing is perfect.  But we do our best.

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Exactly..

Saw the Sweet a few times but all post Brian so not the real deal. Andy's the only one left.  His Sweet is not too shabby. 

What a underated band, also their drummer Mick tucker died of cancer only 52, never had the recognition he deserved, Andy Scott still going strong, they recon it was him who forced Brian out the band in 78, love is like oxygen, one of the best songs ever..