Thailand’s Central Administrative Court asked to lift COVID-19 vaccine import restrictions

snoop1130

Im sure private sector could do a bang up job of procuring, distributing and administrating vaccines than the govt could from seeing the "red tape" thus far. Let them make a little profit subsidized by the govt.   Private sector is more flexible, able to modify existing logistic pipelines quickly,  experienced in management/procurement and able to overcome bottlenecks in logistics. Govt could probably save money and serve the population better.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Led by Dr. Kamonpan Chivapansri and Suradet Namjampa, the group accused Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr. Kiattibhoom Vongrachit and Dr. Vitoon Danvibul, director of the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, of failure in vaccine management, resulting in shortages and suffering

Who are about to conveniently change the law so they can walk free.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

That presumes Pfizer and Zuellig/Moderna et al  would be willing to go with the arrangement.

Yes. I read somewhere that as long as a vaccine has only conditional approval status the manufacturers can only deal with government entities.

I don't know if it's true.

Anybody know for sure?

I have been reading months ago that the govt would allow private hospitals to procure vaccines. Now I think on it I think the wording was they will not stop the private sector from ordering vaccines. Kind of true because mechanisms were already in place that made it impossible. Man what is it with this prime minister, is saving face really that important given the ongoing cost of doing so.

• Like 1