Thailand to get 30 million Pfizer doses: Anutin

webfact

1 hour ago, Virt said:

I will try and stay positive and I hope they manage to get their Pfizer doses by the scheduled time. 

It's positive they are ordering such amounts of Pfizer or Moderna so let's applaud that and hope for the Thais they get their shots, even though Oct - Dec seems a bit far away in the current situation.

One and a half months is not long.

I am registered for Moderna but might change to Pfizer. 

Thanks Anutin ????

3 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Goodness me will the clown never shut up about ordering vaccines. Lets focus on delivered numbers of effective vaccines and on why this is soooo small (covax, reliant on one local supplier, buying from the CCP)

If you don't order any vaccine, nothing will be delivered - that's the problems the nation face now, they ordered to few vaccines in the past.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's Minister of Public Health  and Deputy Prime Minister said at the MoPH that Thailand has ordered an extra ten million doses of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine. 

???????????????????? ROFL

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Deliver what you have on hand onto the arms of those needing vaccines and stop with all of the pomp and circumstance fake news.  Today I ordered 8 cases of Singha Zero Lemon Soda, when it will be delivered is another thing.  Do I have it, NO. So Anutin needs to shut his piehole until the vaccine has landed and ready to be administered. Talk is cheap here...

Now if he ordered them they should be available to Public hospitals not Private hospitals. Lets make it easy to get the jabs for many. And please no more mixing with Chinese vaccines.

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Is there no end to the Tosh this man is capable of talking.

Yes indeed. It seems that he and others are of the belief that they must make periodic appearances and announcements to be relevant. His medical education portfolio is a empty and his utterances are merely filler and fodder for the media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WISteve said:

So what happened to the promises made to the expat community about the 1.5 million donated doses of Pfizer??

We need a little less talk and a LOT MORE ACTION from the persons in high places.

I recall they said 300,000 or so will be given to foreigners. But their requirement is you have to be over 60 or have or pre existing conditions or pregnant to qualify. If not they give you AZ.

The have already started giving expats who qualify at med park hospital.

Given how temperature sensitive and more caution it requires to handle Pfizer. Feels like more will expired or go bad due to mishandling before they can even use it up.

10 minutes ago, fallup88 said:

I recall they said 300,000 or so will be given to foreigners. But their requirement is you have to be over 60 or have or pre existing conditions or pregnant to qualify. If not they give you AZ.

The have already started giving expats who qualify at med park hospital.

Given how temperature sensitive and more caution it requires to handle Pfizer. Feels like more will expired or go bad due to mishandling before they can even use it up.

The temp requirement has been amended.  FDA has determined that after being thawed the Pfizer can be safely stored in a reefer for 30 days.

This way back in May 2021:

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-brief-fda-authorizes-longer-time-refrigerator-storage-thawed-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

MedPark was one of the few hospitals in LOS which had the facilities to store at very cold temps, but the thawing and shipping to rural areas can be done in a regular reefer truck .

Edited by WISteve

I have already had the first shot of Sinovac , the second on 1st September . I wouldn't have pfizer on principle because the US has been pressurizing countries to buy it , Europe has been really messed up by political pressures for one vaccine or another . I would have chosen Sputnik V had it been available .

Well, it took the pr1ck only 9+ months to make up his mind; some cash might have come his way when he eased the access for the Chinese stuff. 

He managed to get the airport extension of Suvannaphoum signed (worth +/- 60 billion Baht) for Sino-Thai Engineering (guess who owns it) so he could leave now through the back door - and he will after the amnesty ticket is secured. 

Middle of next year they will destroy millions of vaccinations as the stuff, which they ordered much too late, is either expired or no longer used. Thai planing at its very very very best - you cannot invent such a scenario. 

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

In case you ask, the wings were awarded for falling off a cement truck back in the day...

Thanks, I did wonder, having taken a couple of expensive years to earn mine???? .

And the coppers and immigration officers ?how did they earn theirs ?

(Rhetorical question )

• Like 1

Perhaps we have been extraordinarily lucky a team of expert vaccinators came to Huaimek village hospital on Wednesday .

My wife was alerted the day before that all the over 60s were to be vaccinated , there was no discrimination that I was a Falang , it was a community effort to safeguard the village people . About 220 people were vaccinated by midday , we were all vaccinated with Sinovac .  I wonder whether any other communities will also have a team of vaccinators , no pre application fill in the forms there . I was sent to see a doctor to check my heart medicine , but all OK .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

For the regime, saying that they are ordering vaccines is easy.

For foreigners, registering (for the Nth time) for a vaccine is easy. OK, easier than it was in the Mor Prom days of olde.

Administering a vaccine? Not so easy.

I assume if the minister had real news, like deliveries, he'd share that vigorously. That he can only talk about "what ifs" is revealing.

All that said, they're over half a million vaccines administered in each of the last three days. They blew it out yesterday, with 570,865.

Not sure supplies will support this level for any sustained period.

They need to be administering 900k per day to reach their target, which until recently they said was achievable. But so is flying to the moon.