Show us your Desktop

Daffy D

Minimalist or what.

I have everything else in appropriate folders in my One Drive  on a separate SSD, and Program shortcuts in my Start Menu.

Several times for some reason, my Desktop has got corrupted and I have had to re-arrange everything back to what I had previously. Now, no need.

Hate it when you go onto a You Tube video by an ''Expert' and they have so many folders and Icons on their Desktop in no particular format, only what Auto Arrange has done. 

My God, we must be bored to reply to this !    LOL

2021-08-14.png

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

Are Internet clocks all synced with the atomic clock, or Big Ben if you are English?

I wonder why every morning I have to put my watch here so I can reset the time on my PC..

After living here for the past 15 years or so Big Ben sounds like a ladyboy.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

I wonder why every morning I have to put my watch here so I can reset the time on my PC..

After living here for the past 15 years or so Big Ben sounds like a ladyboy.

You'll be saying Queen Elizabeth does next. LOL

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Are Internet clocks all synced with the atomic clock, or Big Ben if you are English?

Yes

No.     Big Ben, which is 160 years, old and therefor before the invention of atomic stuff is just a regular old clockwork clock that has to be regularly wound up.

Big Ben actually the nick name of the famous bell not the clock. The whole thing is called the Elizabeth Tower.

:smile:

• Like 2

Just now, Daffy D said:

Yes

No.     Big Ben, which is 160 years, old and therefor before the invention of atomic stuff is just a regular old clockwork clock that has to be regularly wound up.

Big Ben actually the nick name of the famous bell not the clock. The whole thing is called the Elizabeth Tower.

I know all that, but it would not be as amusing. LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Here is my desk top , I have to share with Cola the cat. Well tis the drawer of my desk top.

IMGP1800.JPG

Does you pussy walk all over your keyboard scrambling your work?

This program might help:-

PawSense   -   Catproof your computer

When cats walk or climb on your keyboard, they can enter random commands and data, damage your files, and even crash your computer. This can happen whether you are near the computer or have suddenly been called away from it.

PawSense is a software utility that helps protect your computer from cats. It quickly detects and blocks cat typing, and also helps train your cat to stay off the computer keyboard.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Does you pussy walk all over your keyboard scrambling your work?

This program might help:-

PawSense   -   Catproof your computer

When cats walk or climb on your keyboard, they can enter random commands and data, damage your files, and even crash your computer. This can happen whether you are near the computer or have suddenly been called away from it.

PawSense is a software utility that helps protect your computer from cats. It quickly detects and blocks cat typing, and also helps train your cat to stay off the computer keyboard.

:thumbsup:

Can this software differentiate between a cat's paws and a p..sed up farang's fingers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Yes

Why do they not have the chimes on a mp3/wav file and a big PA system up in the tower instead of spending MILLIONS on restoring the old clock. No one would know, or really care. The BBC already use a recording.

4 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Mon Dieu :shock1:

I feel quite faint.

Go join "toofarnorth" in the corner and wash your mouth out.

Think I need a drink 

I have actually time and pitch corrected the Westminster Chimes, and that is my 5.59am alarm call. Need another drink Daffy!

Maybe I shall add some Beatbox drums to it soon.   LOL

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have actually time and pitch corrected the Westminster Chimes, and that is my 5.59am alarm call. Need another drink Daffy!

Maybe I shall add some Beatbox drums to it soon.   LOL

Treason sir......

Traitors-Gate.jpg.fe843b5221499ab51408a7acdddbce40.jpg

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So you just have Auto Arrange turned on? 

I'm not sure there's such feature. I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 (Linux) on a laptop with an external display.

I don't usually use icons on the desktop, I should probably clean that mess up ????

3 minutes ago, SymS said:

I'm not sure there's such feature. I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 (Linux) on a laptop with an external display.

I don't usually use icons on the desktop, I should probably clean that mess up ????

There IS an auto-arrange facility in Ubuntu/Linux, same as W10 or Mac.

• Like 1