2021 Beach Promenade rebuild is happening......Any opinions......Poll

redwood1

2021 Beach Promenade makeover  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, blix99 said:

Hope that's true but they seem intent on sterilizing the beach and making it enjoyable for no one. 

I play Golf at a course in Sattahip and they destroyed large areas of trees and plants, not one tree was left, they don't know their worth, the Navy just got chain saw happy

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thailien8 said:

Horrible sights Sunday and today as all the old shade trees are being ripped out by the roots and destroyed.  Makes me sick.

Have some faith.  The Thai's know what's best for Thailand.  ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blix99 said:

Hope that's true but they seem intent on sterilizing the beach and making it enjoyable for no one. 

Sir you are correct, this is exactly the plan.......They want to sterilize Bangkok ,Khao San road, Beach Road, Walking Street etc etc etc They want another Singapore...

Clean, life-less, soul-less is the goal.......And trees, art, nature, and beauty just get in the way....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dedicated baht bus lanes for a start.

Don't see the point in that... they seem to drive and stop where they want and switch lanes with total disregard. Efforts to get them to change have never ever worked. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

Have a look at the last page in topic: Pattaya beach " improvement' works amazing photos by plahgat of the pre 2013 promenade. Site: Pattaya addicts , sub forum barstool banter. 

And this is especially for one member here and his "agreeers here that are in a major case of denial about this wholesale environmental destruction with ridiculous comments like: minor upgrades to this and that.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 9:05 PM, Richard 2020 said:

Just an environment for quality tourists!!!

And they don't sit on a beach promenade if there is no adequate offer of food and drinks. 
Especially not toilets ????

THAT do only cheap tourists!

I reckon all the soi dogs will be happy with all the palm trees to pxxs on.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, wavodavo said:

I reckon all the soi dogs will be happy with all the palm trees to pxxs on.

With no shadow to shelter, all dogs will be in front of 7/11 doors and all tourists in the mall trying to refresh themselves.

• Haha 2

On 8/17/2021 at 2:04 AM, redwood1 said:

Sir you are correct, this is exactly the plan.......They want to sterilize Bangkok ,Khao San road, Beach Road, Walking Street etc etc etc They want another Singapore...

Clean, life-less, soul-less is the goal.......And trees, art, nature, and beauty just get in the way....

Agree, but they only see that Singapore is rich. Never mind that the culture is completely different.

In Pattaya it's always about the money, IMO.

23 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Exactly......People seem to have a real problem making the connection that a thriving beautiful beach feeds the hotels,bars,restaurants etc.....

A beautiful beach/promenade not only attracts tourist, it puts people in a party mood to spend money.......And a dead soul-less beach with endless rows of generic boring Palm trees does exactly the opposite....It brings people down......Pattaya better wake up........

For the 166,000,000 million baht budget they have to spend,we should be seeing a new beach that will leave everyone stunned with its beauty......But I certainly am not going to be holding my breath......

It'll look good in the brochures though, and no doubt IMO the suck up to rich people publications will be lauding Pattaya as the next must visit location. How else are they going to fill all those big new hotels at the prices they will be charging?

Well it looks like out of 50 votes......A whopping 4 people really like the direction the Pattaya Promenade rebuild is going.........

But even if no people liked the project it would matter ZERO.....

A look at the Pattay Watchdog group shows the Thais are just as upset as the farangs...  https://www.facebook.com/PattayaWatchdog/      In the comments below post....

Edited by redwood1

I wonder if the openness and lack of shade is a cunning plan to make it less attractive for the homeless, druggies,  and rough street hookers who blight the south end .  i find from the Klang ntersection North to be more appealing in all respects, the pleasant relaxed feel of the environment just deteriorates in the other direction as you head to the ultimate eyesore/dump that is Walking St.

I suppose in the end it probably won't matter what is planned as the end product will likely be poor in execution, sub-standard quality, last a couple of years before being ripped up again only to benefit those involved in the contractual process. Sad, so much more could be achieved with the hundreds of millions spent annually if the public interest was the motivating factor.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 1:05 AM, champers said:

I chose "don't care one way or another" because however it turns out it will change again in 5 years or so. Plus, I sit on the beach rather than the prom which will likely be crammed with vendors and folk getting on or off the Koh Larn boats.

I was able to select all three..........wonder if all three counted?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 9:04 PM, redwood1 said:

They will never fix the dirty water, just build a bridge to Koh Larn and advertise it as the 'Phuket of the North'

Every couple of years we get a new vision produced for Pattaya beach, some nice computer generated images and an allocation of a squillion or two baht...and so here we are again.

Personally I liked the plan about a decade ago which was to make beach Rd/second Rd a one way system and to have free of charge tourist buses doing the loop all day and night to make it easy for everyone to get around.

I guess the Baht bus mafia won that one.  We still got the one way roads though which has helped massively. 

Long time expats can be forgiven for not getting enthused by yet another Pattaya beach revamp vision.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...