COVID-19: Thailand reports 21,157 new coronavirus cases

webfact

30 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I was just told by a friend who works factory that she is going to quarantine for 2 weeks. She was given some pills even though she has no symptoms. She had a negative Antigen test on the 13th, and is scheduled for follow up on the 19th.

I suspect that these pills are not FDA approved as a Covid prophylactic.

620B6D7C-259D-4A68-8674-219ED69A7BA8.jpeg

1EBE8E69-C1FD-44FD-B714-C0D7C5B8BBAC.jpeg

Andrographis, I believe.  I looked it up on PubMed a few weeks ago.  It does have some antiviral properties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/seychelles/

it wasn’t long ago that Seychelles was listed as a basket case for Covid, despite vaccination with Sinovac. Now it looks like Sinovac is effective.

64EE25B7-549C-4EB3-810E-3ACB56E58AD0.jpeg

As the country is still faced with continuing community transmission and to reduce the risk of resurgence especially over the long weekend with the public holiday on Sunday 15th August for Assumption Day, the public is being reminded that mixing between households is prohibited  and subject to penalty.

1 hour ago, Scrotobike said:

I have lost the plot on how many new cases of covid there are.

I just know it is "going viral" out there

I have my own regime - shopping at Tesco/Lotus at 08-00, and get my sons milk every 4 days from 7/11 (and my wife tea from Amazon) - otherwise we avoid going out

Might sound severe but I am not young and I have a long term health problems which lowers my immune system - with no vaccine on the horizon - I have to do what I can to protect my family and myself.

Sad times in Thailand

Please ventilate your house as often...it is recommended to lower the risk of Covid.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I  cover Vietnam as part of my regional portfolio, our health team says different hence the reason I raised it.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 1,223 new cases today and 9 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (219), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (223), and Si Racha (458). There are now 20,850 patients in care

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1427057155878711298

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/16/chonburi-reports-1223-new-covid-19-cases-with-9-deaths/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Month Comparison:

July 16 -- 9,692 cases, 67 deaths, 3,367 in serious/critical condition

Aug. 16 -- 21,157 cases, 182 deaths, 5,626 in serious/critical condition

It means....Aug 2025 7651718990 cases, 87642974 deaths ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Inquiry ordered into rumours of non-target groups getting Pfizer vaccine in Surin

The Department of Disease Control (DDC) has asked local health agencies to check if people not in the government’s target group had been inoculated with the Pfizer vaccines distributed in Surin province.

The US government has donated 1.5 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to Thailand, and the vaccine has already been distributed to all areas of the country, for vaccinating people in target groups, such as frontline medics, elders and pregnant women, some foreigners and those needing to leave the country.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004715

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

As the country is still faced with continuing community transmission and to reduce the risk of resurgence especially over the long weekend with the public holiday on Sunday 15th August for Assumption Day, the public is being reminded that mixing between households is prohibited  and subject to penalty.

Most countries with infections impose restrictions.

my point was that not too long ago, Seychelles was an example of vaccination failure, but now it looks like Sinovac was fairly effective in reducing infections.

Do you disagree?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Last weekend, the "fall back" numbers of reduced weekend case reporting were in the mid-high 19,000s (on Sun. and Mon. Aug. 8-9).

Then during the week we peaked at a pandemic record high of 23,418 on Fri., Aug. 13.

This weekend, the "fall back" numbers of reduced weekend reporting were in the 21,000s (21,882 on Sun. and 21,157 on Mon. Aug. 15-16).

We haven't had a day under 21,000 since Tues., Aug. 10.  The march continues...

Also, today's report of 5,626 COVID patients hospitalized in serious/critical condition set another record high, the fifth consecutive day of record highs in that tally.

Month Comparison:

July 16 -- 9,692 cases, 67 deaths, 3,367 in serious/critical condition

Aug. 16 -- 21,157 cases, 182 deaths, 5,626 in serious/critical condition

You have detected a pattern in the number of new cases, it looks like numbers stabilize or drop around weekends, but tend to spike as the week progresses. Almost as if the lower numbers were an artifact ™️ of something about weekends. I am guessing that the labs are understaffed on weekends, and catch up during the week, but it could be something else.

ha ha 

GPO procuring 8.5 million antigen test kits this month

The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) is going ahead with the procurement of 8.5 million sets of antigen test kits (ATKs) to ensure they will be delivered by August-end, while assuring of transparency in the bidding process.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004716

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Agreed…Vietnam don’t have any reason to lie…they are not reliant on tourism and they are firmly entrenched with broad public support.

Thailand on the other hand…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The " Jone " capsules are what is called Green Chireeta, the Herbal medicine.

This has only been " tested " in Chang Mai nick where 3000 Prisoners were said to be " recovered " after taking this 

Cant read Chinese so dont know about the other2 

FDA approved ? I doubt it.

The other is a chinese TCM formula used to treat covid symptoms. Supposedly aids in recovery but doesn't prevent severe onset of covid. Tons of those sold in China and exported to friendly countries. 

• Thanks 1