Foreigners in Thailand vaxxed so far: Brits, French and Americans make top ten - just!

webfact

2 minutes ago, SeaMike01 said:

I'm an American. I just got my first dose today at BNH. Didn't think it was ever going to happen at the rate things were progressing. Once inside they were very organized. It went well. My next dose will be in September, which is sooner than I expected.

Dose of what?

4 hours ago, lightsidecat said:

Struggling a bit believing these numbers.  It implies roughly only 16% of Brit's and 11% of Americans have received even a first dose vaccine.  Would have thought  by now it would have been much higher.  The French and Japanese numbers look in line though.

I guess us Aussies  are still thinking of the vaccines on offer. We don't want a lot of sh-- going through are veins.

4 hours ago, norbra said:

Medpark hospital have opened registration for Moderna, anticipated. Delivery 2022 Q1 3300 for 2 doses

I signed up for the first scheme of the Mvacc due in the 4th Q of this year at the Private in Udon back in May !  2 months after I tried to sign up my brother in law,the CSR said he would have to go on the second scheme due to come out in the 1st q of next year! 

4 hours ago, lightsidecat said:

Struggling a bit believing these numbers.  It implies roughly only 16% of Brit's and 11% of Americans have received even a first dose vaccine.  Would have thought  by now it would have been much higher.  The French and Japanese numbers look in line though.

Howcan you get a jab when there are a million hurdles and constant rejection

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SeaMike01 said:

I'm an American. I just got my first dose today at BNH. Didn't think it was ever going to happen at the rate things were progressing. Once inside they were very organized. It went well. My next dose will be in September, which is sooner than I expected.

Would you care to share your age & any underlying health issues you may have? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

2nd quarter of 2022?  We are well into the 3rd quarter of 2021 so, amazing Thailand once again.

Yes i already paid for it and just got the message yesterday. So yes amazing Thailand. It was sheduled for q4. and i registered when it first opened on jun 3rd. So not fast.

3 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

Mostly Burmese laborers. 

Yes, I see hundreds of them every day, I just thought even with say 3M migrants, 2M other foreigners was a bit on the high side.

Edited by Saltire

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that 356,337 foreigners or 7.27% of the total number of foreigners in Thailand had been vaccinated so far.

We will take care of everyone no matter who or where they come from.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes i already paid for it and just got the message yesterday. So yes amazing Thailand. It was sheduled for q4. and i registered when it first opened on jun 3rd. So not fast.

Well, maybe they are managing perception.  Tell you it will come 2Q of 2022, but when it shows up 1Q 2022 the Thai government can applaud itself and take credit for a wonderful job well done.

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Well, it's a sentiment I've expressed in several previous posts in other topics. It was indeed not directed towards you personally. I try quite hard to avoid making any message I post a reply to a person rather than an idea. Sometimes I fail at it.  What I did find interesting in your personal experience was the fact that the Singapore Chamber of Commerce was allocated part of the American Pfizer donation and then promptly prioritized their citizens. American citizens were given no such prioritization for their own country's donation. Another fault of our useless American embassy. In the list more British and French apparently got Pfizer than did Americans.

To be honest I have no clue where the vaccines came from. I only know that my friends showed me the link and said i should register as i had had no shots yet. I registered but actually did not have much hope for it (too good to believe). 

Registered last Friday, appointment confirmation Monday and today first shot and next one in 3 weeks.

I got it for free did not pay a thing and was amazed about it. 

Its not the US embassy that is bad the Dutch embassy did not do a thing either. But its strange that the US did not make sure that some of the doses were allotted to US embassy who then could have helped you guys. That is a bit strange IMHO. 

• Like 1

At least one other EU embassy (not the French) is now booking some AstraZeneca jabs for its expats in TH. They're not importing the jabs though, they're insisting they're booking them as part of the Thai vaccination campaign.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

To be honest I have no clue where the vaccines came from. I only know that my friends showed me the link and said i should register as i had had no shots yet. I registered but actually did not have much hope for it (too good to believe). 

Registered last Friday, appointment confirmation Monday and today first shot and next one in 3 weeks.

Its not the US embassy that is bad the Dutch embassy did not do a thing either. But its strange that the US did not make sure that some of the doses were allotted to US embassy who then could have helped you guys. That is a bit strange IMHO. 

What I find strange is that there was any allotment at all to the Singapore Chamber of Commerce. Just how did that happen? Did they pay for it? Did some wealthy Singaporean businessmen use it as a cover to get Pfizer for them and their families? How many other little side deals have taken place? Is this how the Pfizer earmarked for "foreigners" ended up disappearing so fast leaving many elderly foreigners with comorbidities with no shots? This is just the sort of lack of transparency that makes the entire process so questionable. And it shows either a terrible naivety or utter indifference on the part of the US embassy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackGats said:

At least one other EU embassy (not the French) is now booking some AstraZeneca jabs for its expats in TH. They're not importing the jabs though, they're insisting they're booking them as part of the Thai vaccination campaign.

What embassy?

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I'm not surprised at all.  As a US vet you quickly understand that once your role changes from "cannon-fodder" to civilian, you get tossed to the side of the road and urinated on.  This is par for the course.  Foreign policy perceptions outweigh the significance of US citizens especially those aboard.  Just look a Kabul.  Pity the US citizens stuck there.  A vaccination is the least of their worries.  What help will they get?  Not much. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Just informed that I misread this post. Saw Pfizer in my mind when it actually is AZ. I'll leave the remainder of my inaccurate post below.

The only Pfizer in the country is from the US donation. So that would mean a European embassy took the American donated vaccine, used it for their own citizens, and have excluded other foreigners, including the Americans who donated the vaccine in the first place.

Edited by John Drake

Just now, John Drake said:

What I find strange is that there was any allotment at all to the Singapore Chamber of Commerce. Just how did that happen? Did they pay for it? Did some wealthy Singaporean businessmen use it as a cover to get Pfizer for them and their families? How many other little side deals have taken place? Is this how the Pfizer earmarked for "foreigners" ended up disappearing so fast leaving many elderly foreigners with comorbidities with no shots? This is just the sort of lack of transparency that makes the entire process so questionable. And it shows either a terrible naivety or utter indifference on the part of the US embassy.

I doubt that it was wealthy Singaporean businessmen. What i saw were just normal (mostly young) Singaporeans. I did see some other white faces like me so it was not as if it was just Singaporeans. But when I registered it said priority would be given to them. Plus anyone who had a shot of anything already would not qualify. 

But the people i saw were definitely not HISO people and the registration was advertised at facebook. That is how my friends gave me the link I don't use facebook. 

But as I said no idea how they got the vaccines. But would it not be easier for wealthy SG businessmen to just bribe people to get a shot as to get (no clue how many) and open it for all SG people and others. Your assumption seems a bit far fetched. I mean the part of them using it as a cover. I mean there are easier ways for them to do this.