Number of foreigners that died of covid?

mell

On 8/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, RichardColeman said:

With average age of retirement at say 65 to Thailand, and average life span say 85, it will mean 10% minimum of all expats will be dead of ALL causes (including covid)  roughly during this pandemic so far 2020-2021. If Thailand remains closed for a long time, and these people not replaced , then you'll be seeing lots more empty bar stools frequented by expats sooner rather than later !

That’s a very funny post - do expats have such a reduced life expectancy here ? 10% of all expats, really - so of the expats we all know , 1 in 10 should have died in the last 2 years 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thaifly88 said:

That’s a very funny post - do expats have such a reduced life expectancy here ? 10% of all expats, really - so of the expats we all know , 1 in 10 should have died in the last 2 years 

I thought the same, just wondering if because I retired at 60 I get an extension beyond 85.

Perhaps Mr Coleman can help?

On 8/18/2021 at 1:21 PM, BKKBike09 said:

"Died of" vs "died with" ...

I know one guy who died last month and was treated as dying of Covid (cremation ASAP with only immediate family allowed to attend at temple) - but he was in his 60s and had serious underlying health issues as well so who knows if he really died "of" Covid.

Who knows? Indeed. I lean toward if there is a medical finding by those educated in the medical field.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

You will forgive my getting a bit nervous at age 74 with having heart issues. Watching many of my childhood film actors,/actress passing and having already passed the age of demise of many of my male relatives. No worries ... just not in a rush as I am enjoying my retirement in Thailand!!! Now, if I might have access to the Pfizer vaccine here in Chiang Mai ...

I hope you carry on a good way yet, well into the 80's.  But i feel abit that way sometimes also because we just don't really know. All my family, friends are gone.  No more uncles, aunt's etc ... it's sad.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 1:08 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

On the daily numbers thread, it shows that one Brit is on the 'dead' list from today.

Today there were 312 deaths in #Thailand

174 males & 138 females

7 foreigners died (1 Brit)

Median age is 65 (28 years-102 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (78)

Deaths reported in 49 provinces

62% of those who died were 60+

3 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1427867720125599744

Median age 28- 102? Blimey! I may have another 14 years?? ????

Many ex pats die here from behaving like a teenager, jumping off balconies, drinking like a teenager, humping girls their grand daughter age. That's why they are here and hay hoe its fun, let's go out smiling! It's difficult now but it will get better or worse depending on your point of view.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

i may be wrong but those who die at home are not tested for covid so the daily figures could be higher than reported

Change could to will, and you will be on the right track.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They do not keep a running total of deaths by nationality. One owuld have to go through every single daily announcement to claculate this.

There have been farangs among the dead here and there over the months. Not a lot, but some.

many farangs die each year in Thailand, but how many of these die from Covid ?

Not heard of one person yet 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Thaifly88 said:

Reduced life expectancy sure, but we pack more fun into it.