Thailand’s Health Ministry Explains Decision to Purchase another 12 Million Doses of Sinovac

snoop1130

ef646970c3bc1b37f3397ad5520b6c62_small.jpg

The Thai Public Health Ministry has issued updated data, on the continued use of the Chinese Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine and its efficacy, to support the decision to purchase another 12 million doses.

Department of Disease Control’s director for emergency health hazards and diseases Dr. Chawetsan Namwat said all vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), including Sinovac, are good enough to reduce critical symptoms and death, which is the prime focus of vaccines and should not be devalued.

He said the key point right now is the provision vaccines to people en masse as fast as possible, to control the disease and reduce loss of life. Using a combination of vaccines is the answer to mass inoculations and to enhancing people’s immunity faster than two doses of a single vaccine.

Dr. Chawetsan added that a study of front-line health workers showed two shots of Sinovac offered 72% protection against COVID-19 infection and 98% protection against death. The study was conducted between May and July on 3,906 medical personnel working with COVID-19 patients.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 3

The Ministry boss who is mates/or under the sway of the mystery 15% Thai/Chinese owner of Sinovac told/bribed them to order it!

The presser on here, is a crock of dip, as usual. because, who else but Africa is ordering this garbage?

3 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

"Using a combination of vaccines is the answer to mass inoculations and to enhancing people’s immunity faster than two doses of a single vaccine."

So sinovac and then the other CCP vaccine is better than 2 Moderna or 2 Pfizer or 2 AZ?

Really and this is not fake news?

No. They are referring to sinovac + astrazeneca. Antibody titers are similar to that of 2 az. 

When I read about this I was floored.

They have no boundaries.

Its so bad.  Big protests tomorrow scheduled.

Thai are sick and tired of this completely inept government.

There sick of the love affair with China and its low efficient vaccines.

Time for change!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

"Using a combination of vaccines is the answer to mass inoculations and to enhancing people’s immunity faster than two doses of a single vaccine."

So sinovac and then the other CCP vaccine is better than 2 Moderna or 2 Pfizer or 2 AZ?

Really and this is not fake news?

It wouldn't be fake news if that's what was said, but it wasn't.

17 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

That was a quote from the article - clearly a mix of vaccines is better than one.

Here's what you wrote:

"So sinovac and then the other CCP vaccine is better than 2 Moderna or 2 Pfizer or 2 AZ?

Really and this is not fake news?"

How is that a quote? How does that actually represent what was said? Please, find the quote that supports what you claim was said.

37 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Here's what you wrote:

"So sinovac and then the other CCP vaccine is better than 2 Moderna or 2 Pfizer or 2 AZ?

Really and this is not fake news?"

How is that a quote? How does that actually represent what was said? Please, find the quote that supports what you claim was said.

Yes so a mix between 2 CPP vaccines is better than Pfizer?

Really?

Perhaps it is still to early for me but I don't understand. 

"“From May 1 to July 31, some 3,906 medics contracted Covid-19. Approximately 2,154 of them received two Sinovac jabs at least 14 days prior to infection,” he said""

"Thaweesub said Sinovac’s efficacy in preventing infection after two doses is generally 72 per cent, which is considered fairly effective."

How does he get to 72 percent? 

He also says:

"Meanwhile, the infection prevention rate of AstraZeneca vaccine after a single dose is 88 per cent and after two doses 96 per cent." 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004826

Not everyone is that optimistic. Here an example from Forbes (and there are other sources) :

"Two doses of AstraZeneca were found to be 74.5% effective at preventing symptomatic alpha infections, and 67% for delta." 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/07/21/study-finds-pfizer-and-astrazeneca-vaccines-effective-against-the-delta-variant---as-long-as-you-get-both-doses/?sh=58132ac6480b

As I said already. It is still very early for me. Perhaps I will understand all this better after several coffees. 

• Like 2