Expatvac Update (unofficial) Follow-up

PMEL

Are you over 60/underlying health conditions? Just wondering as I don’t fill those criteria and if they’re rolling out Pfizer for under 60’s now, I might cancel vaccine (sinovac/AstraZeneca) being offered to me this month 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john thom said:

I live in Sisaket- Nong Kog, Nong Kilo area area nurse called us and said the same. I went down to small nong kilo hospital and reregistered for pfizer. she said probably next week. So keeping fingeres crossed and staying home and safe-

Are you over 60?

9 minutes ago, Presnock said:

yes, good news.  I got an email yesterday with time, date, hospital, for Pfizer jab #1 with 2nd to follow in 3 weeks.  I go this morning 20 Aug for my shot.  Will advise if any problems  - was told to bring my passport and the email advising of appointment.  It also request a message from me as soon as possible confirming the appointment.  Good luck to all others.  I registered on 2 Aug and am 74 years old.

Good luck, I will ask what area you are in so we can gauge where it might be heading.

Just had a look at the website for expatvac. Might just be an oddity, but the DOB selection does not allow you to enter a date manually. You have to open the calendar and click back one month at a time, in my case 65 years worth, to enter your birth date. I don't like websites that have strange anomalies like this.

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Chris.B said:

You are the first expat outside of Bangkok I have heard being contacted by Expatvac then! ????

Pattaya counts as Bangkok now then does it.....????

Quite a few down here have had the texts for vax at Central Festival. Reported on other threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Rick Bechard said:

Just had a look at the website for expatvac. Might just be an oddity, but the DOB selection does not allow you to enter a date manually. You have to open the calendar and click back one month at a time, in my case 65 years worth, to enter your birth date. I don't like websites that have strange anomalies like this.

You have to click around on the calendar headings, year, month etc and you will find that you can get to it without so many clicks. But yes it is not intuitive.

• Like 2

From my experience they had no idea where I lived (Pattaya) and just contacted me with the date and hospital in BKK. Nobody said anything while there, and they didn’t take blood pressure or temp. The info came in on my phone as a text message…..fortunately I happened to look at it that day. Keep registering wherever you can, eventually you’ll strike gold and hopefully Pfizer.

57 minutes ago, Rick Bechard said:

For others and for all for future similar date selections on websites....It is unusual not to be able to shortcut this process, and this is no exception......click on the calendar, click on the central top box (month), which will bring up years, click again it brings up a raneg of ten year blocks.....pick block, pick year, pick month...job done.

PH

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, topt said:

Pattaya counts as Bangkok now then does it.....????

Quite a few down here have had the texts for vax at Central Festival. Reported on other threads.

Bangkok/Chonburi areas, yes it does.

Edited by Chris.B

19 hours ago, Chris.B said:

You are the first expat outside of Bangkok I have heard being contacted by Expatvac then! ????

Non  I was contacted by this monkeys as well with this message  '

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ChiangmaiMax said:

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Suggest you check one of the other threads as a lot of people who "failed" in putting the 2 pics required received this. Apparently being worked on but if you read the other thread(s) it will explain better what's happening.

1 minute ago, topt said:

Suggest you check one of the other threads as a lot of people who "failed" in putting the 2 pics required received this. Apparently being worked on but if you read the other thread(s) it will explain better what's happening.

There was only a possibility to upload one and I  don't have the knowledge to add an additional one but my passport shows that I am Dutch  an not a Thai citizen simply a bunch of dumba.... 

20 minutes ago, ChiangmaiMax said:

Chiangmai doesn't count as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiangmaiMax said:

There was only a possibility to upload one and I  don't have the knowledge to add an additional one but my passport shows that I am Dutch  an not a Thai citizen simply a bunch of dumba.... 

Have you bothered to read any of the other threads? If not maybe start here -

A lot of other expats also struggled but by reading the thread you may learn something new for next time..........

Simplistically if on a pc you press and hold Ctrl button and then left click on the files you want which should highlight them and then press save/upload or whatever the command was and both pics will appear together. 

1 hour ago, ChiangmaiMax said:

Maybe they know you consider them to be "monkeys" and "dumba..." and are deliberately excluding you from their programme. 

PH

7 hours ago, GregBow said:

Hi.

Did you get any email response from expatvac site prior to this visit?

No email.  As a matter of fact I am not even sure the notification was associated with expatvac.  I sort of made that leap/association; because, when I asked which vaccine they said Phizer.  The only other place we signed up was with the local tambun probably 3+ months ago; and, they just started vaccinating locals with Sinopham 2 weeks ago (I pretty much got the sorry farong from them at that time).  Having said all this, there was a story today that they were sending vaccine out to the provinces.  I had already confirmed that would happen this week (posted previously) via a phone call  to the Public Health Department.