Twenty-one people arrested in Soi Buakhao area for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

3 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Are they sitting together for multiple hours in close contact with no mask? Not even close to the same thing. But if you haven't been able to understand this after 1.5 years of covid, probably a waste of time trying to explain it.

When I was at Thai government hospital last week I was sitting close to 200-300 Thais for about 4hrs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

COVID has actually been a gift to me, stopping me going to that pathetic country run by clowns and all of the silly rules* (incl different rules for different people even if they're only yards away????

The world is now looking at Thailand as that it is a joke.

Sad really but true.

*(there's loads).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Can have up to 5 people together, if no one is drinking.

Can only drink alone.

Those are the rules in Chonburi.

So, if the police catch me drinking in Chonburi with another person in my place, should I be deported?

What if only 1 person out of the 5 is drinking?

Aren't you drinking alone then?

So just pass the bottle around like a spliff!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

if you drink in your room with a friend then that's fine,  your not breaking any law.

If you drink outside with your friend after curfew hours then you are breaking the law .....

it's quite simple really   !    :coffee1:

Not true.

You can drink in groups of ONE.

A guy I know was busted for drinking with another in his condo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

having groups of cheap charlies p_issing up will not solve anything, especially covid19 virus transmission to others.

10,000 baht fine seems reasonable.

would it be a drama if they infected a family member and he/she died.  

Sure if these local drunk be fined 10k too..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, michaellee said:

Serves them right. I was wondering when they were going to get busted. it’s like that every night, those idiots think they are exceptions to the rule drinking openly with the women with no mask on and social distancing, hugging, sitting next to each other. Disgusting group of same idiots every night.

It would be interesting to find out how many had Covid, and how many were infected as a result of those that had Covid.

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Whats pathetic are the people present who think they don't have to conform... any nationality

as for the foreigners they are a guest in the country.... best not to push your luck too far.

Have they already been locked up in jail and fined?

7C38839C-D4B9-4FB2-A08D-69D4D8AF3F4A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Because it's selective application of the Law.

In other words, racial discrimination.

#whitedrinkersmatter

Also irrelevant. Does that change the law? Yes? No? If if doesn't, follow it or somm nam naa  

Rocking Robert said it best

10 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Dammit you are a guest in the country just follow their rules

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It would be interesting to find out how many had Covid, and how many were infected as a result of those that had Covid.

The only thing that is relevant is how many others they give it to in the future. It's just somm nam naa if they catch it themselves. 

Mmmm, just red a story about 2 policemen eating in restaurant while Thai were waiting outside for take out.

They had free food (bribe) and breaking Thai law (eating in restaurant). But it was no problem for police chief.

How the world turns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Mmmm, just red a story about 2 policemen eating in restaurant while Thai were waiting outside for take out.

They had free food (bribe) and breaking Thai law (eating in restaurant). But it was no problem for police chief.

How the world turns.

Police also do not wear helmets and use phones and radios . You comparing apples to oranges.

2 cops having a meal and 20 idiots getting drunk on the street around curfew time 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Three weeks ago at the beginning of the lock down I see them drinking outside Tree Town in defiance. They made no attempt at being discreet. They were  loud and no social distancing.  It's difficult to be sympathetic as this is not a case of being in the wrong place, wrong time. Your typical uneducated cheap charlies who will not listen and only learn through hard knocks such as fines /imprisonment. 

They have been testing fate at Tree Town  for a year already , nothing New 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

The only thing that is relevant is how many others they give it to in the future. It's just somm nam naa if they catch it themselves. 

They won't spread it as the cops will  have tested those they took in and won't then release them into the general populace, hence my question.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So you don't agree with Lord Justice Denning?

He was a reactionary old fool as a judge, but a nice guy - I met him once. The only thing I can recall he got 100% right was the High Trees case (no relation to the Tree Town case)....

14 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

This nightly gathering outside of TreeTown has been going on as long as the lockdown rules have been in place & no doubt splashed all over Social Media so it was only a matter of time before the BiB took some action... 

And no, it wasn't just farang's sat on the sidewalk drinking a beer by themselves... Here's a pic taken (Not by me) on 4th August...

SB.jpg

As an aside, during the 1st Lockdown in Singapore 2 guys "Bumped into each other" whilst coming back from the store to buy beer so decided to enjoy the beers sat on a bench in the park.  Police caught them, cancelled their Work Permits & deported them...

I know we're not in Singapore but something similar could happen to people here if these kind of things continue to make headline news. 

That's why noone wants to live in Singapore.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They won't spread it as the cops will  have tested those they took in and won't then release them into the general populace, hence my question.

I was talking about the ones they would or could have spread it to because of their irresponsible behaviour if they hadn't been arrested. It sounds like you, like me, also think it was good that they were arrested. 

Edited by MikeyIdea

God love us! It must be fun to be in Pattaya just now with the boys in brown rushing round busting people right and left and the usual sanctimonious keyboard blowhards egging them on. And it will achieve little or nothing in the long run. How nice to be in London having a pint with a friend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1