Twenty-one people arrested in Soi Buakhao area for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

Hace 9 horas, tomyami dijo:

Ahora y en Lanzarote bebiendo comiendo en un bar anoche tan normal ahora todo abrió pero no tan lleno como antes, lentamente volviendo

Good place to be. Here on the Costa del Sol it is not bad either. Everything is already 100% full, everything is open and life has returned to normal.

The only difference is that, in percentage terms, there is more national tourism than before.

The beaches are full, as before, and you have to go early to find a free spot.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So you don't agree with Lord Justice Denning?

Watch a few of the Ch5 programs on UK crime, and one might agree with some of his comments, but in later life he was becoming senile wasn't he? 

It is still low tourist season. Best to wait for the High tourist season, and join the hordes

of tourists that TAT claims will be flocking to Thailand. Stay healthy and covid free.

High season will be here soon, and then maybe some of the rules etc. ,will be

a bit more relaxed. Of course that is if you can believe anything that TAT  generates as the

news.

Geezer

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Espanol said:

No. Actually, that's forbidden too.

No more than 1 person if drinking alcohol. 

2 friends, or ever husband and wife, drinking at home is also banned. 

True, but I am asking about the moral implications of drinking at home with another person.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So these 18 plus the 11 arrested in Sumui for have a resort villa party (with 13 Thais) is really hurting Falang reputation...

Does this means the Thai's belief that we can't be trusted with alcohol during ASQ was actually correct ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, raccos21 said:

Infections also can spread indirectly by the vaccinations, as when people gather in places like vaccination centers or PCR testing centers, where they have a high risk of getting infected.

Is that the latest Covid update from the steps of Tree Town?

• Haha 2

Yesterday I was in Foodland in central Pattaya and the place was packed with shoppers.

Had to go around twice to find a spot to park.

Now I feel lucky the police didn't show up; front of the cashier's were more than a total 20 ppl gathering, many buying alcohol too!

Danger, danger!!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tingtong said:

Yesterday I was in Foodland in central Pattaya and the place was packed with shoppers.

Had to go around twice to find a spot to park.

Now I feel lucky the police didn't show up; front of the cashier's were more than a total 20 ppl gathering, many buying alcohol too!

Danger, danger!!

You don't get the message... People sitting every night there with Thai ladies, with alcohol, without masks, very close to the curfew time. Perhaps hard to understand for you. But this is different. Has nothing to do with people going shopping. By the way. We had this illegal party mile last year already at Tree Town. Someone even put benches there so that people could sit. But then a hooker picked up by a foreigner there was killed. Then the police reacted. 

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5384400/cctv-footage-northern-irish-man-thai-prostitute-allegedly-murdering-her-machete/

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BestB said:

Police also do not wear helmets and use phones and radios . You comparing apples to oranges.

2 cops having a meal and 20 idiots getting drunk on the street around curfew time 

Nope, it is law and that complies for all fruit. No matter if you are an orange or apple, a Thai police officer or a drinking farang.  

• Like 2

The people arrested, yes were technically doing the wrong thing as per the emergency decree laws.  But on the bright side, at least were sitting out in the open air.  How many clandestine gatherings are going on every evening around there?  There are plenty.  And they are mingled closely together in closed off establishments, posing a higher risk of transference.  I am not condoning either.  Just comparing. 

As we can see all over the world right now, humans are social creatures and the unnatural isolation measures in place are unbearable for many.  Depression, loneliness, alcoholism, urges for human company, are some things that come to mind. 

The type of premises you reside in likely is a contributing factor too.  A palatial and comfortable place not devoid of windows, with an enjoyable atmosphere is definitely more conducive to the COVID lockdown. But many staying in Pattaya, I propose, are staying in cheap, quite depressing 'dog boxes' that were not intended to be used for long term periods of isolation.  Many are not coping too well. And of course, there are those who are just plain selfish and/or COVID deniers.  

There are also plenty of people who are unaffected psychologically, have a nice dwelling and perhaps a significant other.  It is easy to cast stones from this outlook.  I think most of us are guilty at some point, to have made an unnecessary trip out, to have loitered somewhere longer than needed, to have dropped the mask, etc.  None of us are angels here.  

Ideally we would all do the right thing, but reality is that it will never happen.  

Edited by aussienam

17 hours ago, Espanol said:

Good place to be. Here on the Costa del Sol it is not bad either. Everything is already 100% full, everything is open and life has returned to normal.

The only difference is that, in percentage terms, there is more national tourism than before.

The beaches are full, as before, and you have to go early to find a free spot.

even if I had a place in pattaya it would be the last place on earth i would stay, feel sorry for those who believe the lockdown will achieve anything, but if makes you happy you are allowed breath the air but in reaility they are in a foreign prison. I wonder do these sad lives still have passports?

Sun spitting the trees everyone happy can go eat drink shop no police or even mask restriction.

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, aussienam said:

The people arrested, yes were technically doing the wrong thing as per the emergency decree laws.  But on the bright side, at least were sitting out in the open air.  How many clandestine gatherings are going on every evening around there?  There are plenty.  And they are mingled closely together in closed off establishments, posing a higher risk of transference.  I am not condoning either.  Just comparing. 

As we can see all over the world right now, humans are social creatures and the unnatural isolation measures in place are unbearable for many.  Depression, loneliness, alcoholism, urges for human company, are some things that come to mind. 

The type of premises you reside in likely is a contributing factor too.  A palatial and comfortable place not devoid of windows, with an enjoyable atmosphere is definitely more conducive to the COVID lockdown. But many staying in Pattaya, I propose, are staying in cheap, quite depressing 'dog boxes' that were not intended to be used for long term periods of isolation.  Many are not coping too well. And of course, there are those who are just plain selfish and/or COVID deniers.  

There are also plenty of people who are unaffected psychologically, have a nice dwelling and perhaps a significant other.  It is easy to cast stones from this outlook.  I think most of us are guilty at some point, to have made an unnecessary trip out, to have loitered somewhere longer than needed, to have dropped the mask, etc.  None of us are angels here.  

Ideally we would all do the right thing, but reality is that it will never happen.  

My goodness. If the people sitting there ignoring laws and regulations are thinking like you then we have a severe problem. 

On 8/21/2021 at 7:35 AM, LA8RAT said:

Seems a bit draconian for sitting outside with a beer.

That's a slight misunderstanding. They go to jail because of the risk they expose others to, same as drunk drivers. Do you think that it is draconian that drunk drivers go to jail?

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

That's a slight misunderstanding. They go to jail because of the risk they expose others to, same as drunk drivers. Do you think that it is draconian that drunk drivers go to jail?

Outlandish comparason covid kills elderly and imuno comprised a D&D can maim or kill healthy people.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

I'll see your drunk driver, and raise you a drunk child rapist. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Nope, it is law and that complies for all fruit. No matter if you are an orange or apple, a Thai police officer or a drinking farang.  

Maybe in your fantasy world , most certainly not in reality world and it applies worldwide 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomyami said:

Outlandish comparason covid kills elderly and imuno comprised a D&D can maim or kill healthy people.

So a drunk driver cannot kill your mother, no you sound too young for that, your grand mother, and covid cannot kill young people? Drunk drivers break the law when they drive because they can kill others but most don't of course, that's why they are put in jail regardless of if they have an accident or not. People like the Soi Buakaow gang break the law when they sit there drinking because they can kill others but most don't of course, that's why they are now starting to put some Thai's in jail regardless of if they infect others or not. As the ThaiVisa scofflaws always are so quick to point out unfair treatment of farangs, I'm sure that you'll be happy when some farangs start to get jail sentences for breaking covid restrictions, same as some Thai's do.

As you used the word outlandish first, I will use it back - I find it outlandish that you don't understand that laws have a purpose. 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

You don't get the message... People sitting every night there with Thai ladies, with alcohol, without masks, very close to the curfew time. Perhaps hard to understand for you. But this is different. Has nothing to do with people going shopping. By the way. We had this illegal party mile last year already at Tree Town. Someone even put benches there so that people could sit. But then a hooker picked up by a foreigner there was killed. Then the police reacted. 

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5384400/cctv-footage-northern-irish-man-thai-prostitute-allegedly-murdering-her-machete/

You don't get the message...

Walk every evening jomtien beach and find the same.

Only mostly Thai.

The police making a show for you.

Btw, if you aren't there, why so much care?

Don't take yourself too seriously...else heart attack will take you sooner than covid! ????

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tomyami said:

Bad luck, isn't it? A baby dies of covid only a day later.

Your post looks a bit silly now 

Edited by MikeyIdea

6 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Bad luck, isn't it? A baby dies of covid only a day later.

Your post looks a bit silly now 

Sad, but no link the pattaya drinking group, covid targets a certain age group, has never changed even with vaccation and varients, using a case not in the group without more detail of underlying illness is a baseless claim to be expected from a curtain twitcher.

ur analoigy of drinking group outside before curfew and D&D an internationly recognised scientifically based criminal act is also stupid

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Maybe in your fantasy world , most certainly not in reality world and it applies worldwide 

Nope it is not in my fantasy world, it is theoretically in this world.

I know you can go to jail being not guilty, but also other way around.

If we discuss that issue then we will have an item running as long as

"Do you believe in god"

1 hour ago, tomyami said:

Sad, but no link the pattaya drinking group, covid targets a certain age group, has never changed even with vaccation and varients, using a case not in the group without more detail of underlying illness is a baseless claim to be expected from a curtain twitcher.

ur analoigy of drinking group outside before curfew and D&D an internationly recognised scientifically based criminal act is also stupid

Why should there be a link to the Pattaya group? 

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, bbko said:

After I submitted all the proper paperwork to the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles I had my COE in roughly 24 hours.

On 8/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

Mmmm, just red a story about 2 policemen eating in restaurant while Thai were waiting outside for take out.

They had free food (bribe) and breaking Thai law (eating in restaurant). But it was no problem for police chief.

How the world turns.

What has that got to do with the drinking on the street news?