Thailand strives to elevate tourism industry striken hard by pandemic

webfact

It’s funny, living in another tourism-dependent location at the moment that is also trying to shift to high-value tourists.  The tourists that are out there now are of two types:  value tourists that spend almost zero, and very wealthy tourists that spend money in very concentrated ways.  (The wealthy do things like rent a house with chef and associated charter sailboat; the value are hard pressed to spend on anything but deals on accommodation and airfare.)

While I am still “connected” to Thailand, going there as a vacation is done for me.  It is just a trip to see friends and visit some old haunts at this point… if the option ever returns.  Other people seem to have found other destinations to shift their energy to.

• Like 2

Smart countries have locked their borders. Won’t allow their idiots to travel overseas. So Thailand can only get low spending dregs , if that! 

the best way was to pay attention to doing a good job on managing this virus spread . Can’t even BUY a vaccine ! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, malibukid said:

they are running PR ads on CNN trying to attract companies by promoting how easy it is to do business here.  lol, it down right frustrating.  the brag about their health care system when the can not successfully roll out a vaccine program. on and on.  clueless, they are  living in a separate reality.  

Just another Joke a minute

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Really rich people go to places like Dubai and the Maldives, not places like Thailand that thinks it's OK to leave uncovered holes in the road, and doesn't think things like pavements are necessary, as people can walk in the traffic, can't they?

I should pay you for making me laugh.

Ever thought about comedy as a job - you are very good at it (well you made me laugh)

• Like 1

Here’s my two cents worth:  vaccinate the population with high quality doses—not the junk that might have helped last year.  Then, end the quarantine for fully high quality vaccinated tourists.  And finally, drop that Baht down another 10%.  Not only would you attract higher quality tourists, but the economy would flourish too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

tourists will really arrive this Nov/Dec

If the political protests are not ongoing in Bangkok and elsewhere.

There's a real possibility that when Thailand swings the doors open post-COVID, that there's widespread civil unrest that will discourage a lot of visitors.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If the political protests are not ongoing in Bangkok and elsewhere.

There's a real possibility that when Thailand swings the doors open post-COVID, that there's widespread civil unrest that will discourage a lot of visitors.

I was thinking this covid situation is saving this government at the moment, the demonstrations would be far worse,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, inThailand said:

Thailand strives to elevate tourism industry. 

By degrading, scamming and lying to tourists? Sounds like a typical plan here. 

Yes, that is a great description of 99.9% pf the Go Go and Bar Girls in Pattaya and BKK!!!!  

• Like 1

Here we go again. Dreaming the dream. 

No tourists until Feb-Apr 2022. we have to realize that we do need the vaccine to get out of this mess and also that all of us will catch the virus sooner or later to built up immunity 

• Like 2