COVID-19: Thailand reports 17,491 coronavirus cases and 22,134 recoveries

webfact

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Shame people don’t appreciate the efforts of the nurses and volunteers working round the clock to reach these numbers. 

Sad indictment of society today and the type of people who frequent these forums nowadays. 

You do realize that one of the reasons the nurses and volunteers working so hard right now is because of the lack of vaccines right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, wordchild said:

well the Thai stock market seems to believe that things are getting better, market is pretty strong today (plus 1%) with the banks notably strong, Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn both up 5%   

When the rules are changed so that:

-You need not report actual NPLs, as there is a 'debt moratorium'.

-Imputed interest (interest customers should have paid, but did not) can be run through the P&L

Everything is coming up roses.

45 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Shame people don’t appreciate the efforts of the nurses and volunteers working round the clock to reach these numbers. 

Sad indictment of society today and the type of people who frequent these forums nowadays that they want to laugh at people who mock them 

You accuse people now let's see you quote an example. If you cannot do that then why make such accusations at all. I for one have NEVER seen a post not appreciative of the doctors and nurses. Let me guess. It will either be the confused or laughing emoji for my post from you.

• Like 2

Today there were 242 deaths in #Thailand

134 males & 108 females

Burmese (7), Indian (1), Chinese (1) & Singaporean (1)

2 pregnant woman

Median age is 68 (20 years-99 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (79)

67% of those who died were 60+

6 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1429684730518065152

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, anchadian said:

15,014 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 2,470 via proactive tests at known clusters

Can you help me out here.

So 15,014 + from "walk-in" tests. How many in total walked in for a test. Meaning how many negatives.

Do people need a negative test for work or...? Why go for a test unless you feel poorly.

Of the tests in clusters how many test were performed to obtain the 2,470.

Finally how many random tests were carried out. I do not mean know problem areas, rather tests in the general population.

Edit: can I add re your other post. Do pregnant women seem to have disproportionate representation in deaths.

No idea.

Edited by DrJack54

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why have 10 tourists spending $1,000 each, when you can have 1 quality tourist spending $10,000 on their own?!!  Now if we could just find someone willing to pend $10,000 in Thailand...

Why have 1 quality tourist when they can just send the money to a demimondaine? 

They don't even have to be here! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 71: 508,498

DAY 72: 518,118

DAY 73: 548,311

DAY 74: 651,606

DAY 75: 609,435

DAY 76: 404,078 <— Saturday

DAY 77: 206,820 <— Sunday

TOTAL: 27,038,999 doses since 28 February

8.4% of the population is fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1429700866857082882

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why have 1 quality tourist when they can just send the money to a demimondaine? 

They don't even have to be here! 

i must admit, I had to look up the definition of 'deminondaine.

Edited by anchadian

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Even if there were 20% false positives that still leaves 5,600 positives. 

Is there a generally accepted, estimated or assumed percentage of false positives from the rapid tests.? 

Just now, rott said:

Is there a generally accepted, estimated or assumed percentage of false positives from the rapid tests.? 

5% according to Thai officials, but less than that according to international standard test kits which supposedly they are using. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rott said:

I'm not sure. There are other posters with better knowledge about this. I remember hearing somewhere in the high 80% for the best ones. I think I would be safe in saying the Chinese ones aren't the best. Don't forget it's not just false positives but also false negatives.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

Full recaps later but seeing improvement from both national and local numbers in terms of Covid-19. Recoveries outpacing new cases on both. First time in almost a month Chonburi is below a thousand new cases. #Thailand

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1429614262519959555

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 953 new cases today and 7 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (200), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (189), and Si Racha (307). There are now 19,554 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1429595214318952448

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/23/chonburi-reports-953-new-covid-19-cases-with-7-deaths-1321-people-recovered/

10 minutes ago, poskat said:

"Those on ventilators have dropped to 1,094, down from 1,117 yesterday."

is this good news or bad news, i.e. people recovering and getting off the vents, or those dying left fewer now vented?

Either way. fewer now require them... So yes its good news.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, poskat said:

"Those on ventilators have dropped to 1,094, down from 1,117 yesterday."

is this good news or bad news, i.e. people recovering and getting off the vents, or those dying left fewer now vented?

It's only 23 or about 2% so not much either way.