COVID-19: Thailand reports 20,059 recoveries and 17,165 coronavirus cases

webfact

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I see your point, in a way it’s the same with my daughter, she’s 13 and in an international school here with fee’s that are more expensive than a UK University. Even with that the online learning experience is nowhere near enough and she has fallen behind in most tests including her Cambridge assessments.

Hmm. Interested in this subject. I wish I were well enough to do the "Mr. Chips" routine, but do engage neighbor children in English practicum in passing.

Early learning was not available in my home town back in ante deluvian times. Nevertheless I started first at five years old, able to read. Early learning was accomplished in the home. Not sure if this was because my mom was a Brit. I never explored this, in the past.

Good luck to your girls, gents. Private tutors to "take up the slack" in the current emergency?

• Like 2

From the story China may have controlled major Delta outbreak in world-first linked above:

The country has also continued to ramp up its vaccination drive.
As of today, it has administered more than 1.94 billion doses of domestically made COVID-19 vaccines, according to the NHC.
More than 135 doses have been administered per 100 people, a ratio higher than that of the United Kingdom and the United States.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/china-reports-no-new-local-covid19-cases-for-first-time-since-july-as-delta-outbreak-wanes/e25be4d9-ba25-455d-9463-638d67740875

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

China may have controlled major Delta outbreak in world-first

Local authorities responded by placing tens of millions of residents under strict lockdown, rolling out massive testing and tracing campaigns and restricting domestic travels.

China reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases today for the first time since July, according to its National Health Commission (NHC), as authorities double down on the country's stringent zero-COVID approach.

China keeps a separate count of symptomatic and asymptomatic cases and does not include asymptomatic carriers of the virus in the official tally of confirmed cases.
If the trend continues, China could become the world's first country to control a major Delta outbreak.

Looks like Vietnam is now testing this theory as well in HoChiMin City.  Let's see what transpires while Thailand's semi lockdown will be reduced and the country possibly opens up mid October. Has to drive other countries nuts to see how Thailand is doing things and ergo why they are on the red list and then at a level 4 advisory for the US.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

What the Brazil study linked above states is:

Even though some studies indicated Coronavac helped reduce mortality among elderly people, considering the current dominance of the gamma variant of concern (VOC) and potential increase of the delta VOC, in Brazil, our data support that Coronavac vaccinees above 55 years old are likely to benefit from a third dose to boost immune response and protection.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.16.21262069v1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

You won't get 'return to normal' immunity until 75-85% of adults  have been double jabbed.  Then it may start to resemble a bad flu year.  But then you will need boosters because latest evidence suggests even the Pfzizer vaccine loses its potency quickly.  With the current rate of vaccination I'd say about a year.  Until then it's some form of lockdown, and with the Delta variant around there isn't any such thing as soft lockdown.

So you think the lockdown will (or should) continue for up to a year - and be harder??

• Haha 1

Thai Health Minister meets with most business sectors about easing Covid19 restrictions in maximum control provinces

Bangkok –

The Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul today, August 24th, held a discussion with nine major business groups around introducing potential relaxation measures to allow dining-in at restaurants, as well as other easing of restrictions, to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

r0aN2QtO?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/24/thai-health-minister-meets-with-most-business-sectors-about-easing-covid19-restrictions-in-maximum-control-provinces/

49 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So you think the lockdown will (or should) continue for up to a year - and be harder??

It's not what anybody thinks that matters, its what delta will do.

Social restrictions should not be released until a high percentage of the population is double jabbed.

Otherwise, it will be a complete waste of time and restrictions will have to be reinstated.

Personally, i think this reopening to tourism is a red herring to keep the peasantry happy.

When the details emerge it will be a shuffling of the hurdles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

It's not what anybody thinks that matters, its what delta will do.

Social restrictions should not be released until a high percentage of the population is double jabbed.

Otherwise, it will be a complete waste of time and restrictions will have to be reinstated.

Personally, i think this reopening to tourism is a red herring to keep the peasantry happy.

When the details emerge it will be a shuffling of the hurdles.

Well it is down to what the government's Covid committee thinks that matters, and by the sound of it, they're moving in one particular direction (thankfully, as far as I'm concerned).

I do agree about reopening for tourism, though.  Maybe some more "sandboxes", but reopening the day-to-day economy (workplaces, restaurants, shops, schools) is far more important and needs to happen soon.

41 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Well it is down to what the government's Covid committee thinks that matters, and by the sound of it, they're moving in one particular direction (thankfully, as far as I'm concerned).

I do agree about reopening for tourism, though.  Maybe some more "sandboxes", but reopening the day-to-day economy (workplaces, restaurants, shops, schools) is far more important and needs to happen soon.

A Bangkok sandbox perhaps?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Sure that is true though not all in prison are guilty a lot are also waiting trial as they cant pay for their bail money.

Plus do you think extra punishment in the form of covid is mandatory.

Yes, the punishment is losing their liberty.  Other than that, there is a duty of care to ensure humane conditions- in civilized countries anyway.

• Like 1