Kratom officially removed from narcotics list today - house secretary cites economic benefit for people

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported yesterday on the announcement from House of Representatives secretary Somboon Uthaiwiankul regarding Kratom.

Somboon said that from August 24th, today, Kratom ceases to be included in the Class 5 narcotics list and people are free to trade legally in the leaf produce, import and export it. 

He said that it could be used as a herbal remedy in families or become a source of income for people who wanted to trade in it. 

The change in the law was mooted in committee work that started on July 7th. Stage two and three of the committee continues to decide other matters. 

ASEAN NOW notes that thousands of people convicted of using and dealing kratom are due to be released after the change in the law. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Great, lets just use it with the other leafy greens and create a salad for sale, like the marijuana laced foods being sold at hospitals or the Marijuana laced boba drinks......

What's your point?

Is there any THC/CBD content in the food and drink that you describe?

As for Kratom: if it's now legal then why did they make it illegal in the first place??

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

33 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

What's your point?

As for Kratom: if it's now legal then why did they make it illegal in the first place??

What´s your point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

It was because people were using it to wean themselves off opium and the (Japanese controlled) government at the time was worried about the opium trade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that it could be used as a herbal remedy in families or become a source of income for people who wanted to trade in it.

So one day it's illegal and will get you locked up, the next day you can trade in it to get an income... just shows what an economic downfall can do to change minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

I have seen two sensible comments here and I will repeat one of them.

Where can you buy it?

The war on drugs, like any war, has a massive propaganda machine. It includes qualified doctors (who are being increasingly sidelined by wiser peers who see the futility of it, and needless extra social and medical harm prohibition brings).

The WOD propaganda with full support from most of the media, mainstream and fringe, has in fact, been the most effective brainwashing exercise since the coercive judeo christian religions were established.

And yet they point and laugh at the North Koreans! ????

As for finding it, mee too! Just keep asking around Wororot Nursery Market in CM, it will likely soon be available as soon as samples are cloned and sprouted.

Bear in mind this tree was not only criminalised, but actively culled -more moronic interference with nature; based on human fear and ignorance- as part of the law. so it may take time to show up, but it will!

The open-minded can find a balanced wealth of information, including the propaganda links, actual users reports, good and bad, and the progressive science by searching "Erowid Kratom"

Edited by chalawaan

Jeepers, if you want to buy it, just go on internet. It is sold everywhere.

Indonesia (moslim country) trade in it for long time.

It was forbidden in only 9 (now 8 ) countries.

Thai government is as fast a snail in the mud, as this issue is running already some years.

You could have red about it in former Thaivisa forum.

Now you can easily ask a Thai for Kratom, as there are hidden kratom trees in Thailand. 

19 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Jeepers, if you want to buy it, just go on internet. It is sold everywhere.

Indonesia (moslim country) trade in it for long time.

It was forbidden in only 9 (now 8 ) countries.

Thai government is as fast a snail in the mud, as this issue is running already some years.

You could have red about it in former Thaivisa forum.

Now you can easily ask a Thai for Kratom, as there are hidden kratom trees in Thailand. 

Incredibly, the DEA are itching to ban it Federally, although it's only banned in a few US States atm. In the US there are two deaths "attributed" to kratom alone, and from what I can gather neither case had conclusive pathological proof to back the claims. Just astonishing the lengths some will go to, just to control the pleasurable adult choices of others. It seems if it's fun, then it should be banned. Not researched to see how the risks can be mitigated, not safely and legally supplied with sensible regulation and education, like highly addictive and often deadly alcohol, nope, just banned, in other words handed over to criminals to exploit for vast profits. Smart guys, those feds!

It may be sold everywhere online, but it is expensive to buy outside of SEA. And why now, would anybody in Thailand import it! 

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Yes we will, lol, and your little green mates won't be able to touch us at last. OMG the sky is falling! Have you ever studied the destruction alcohol brings to Thailand? Better a "pot head" than to have one's head up ones posterior for ones whole life.

nah .......  drugs are the wrong path ,  everyone knows that. 

• Confused 1

Whoever put Kratom on the narcotics list deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison, or at least the combined total of time served for prisoners jailed in Thailand due to Kratom. I imagine that's several lifetimes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Incredibly, the DEA are itching to ban it Federally, although it's only banned in a few US States atm. In the US there are two deaths "attributed" to kratom alone, and from what I can gather neither case had conclusive pathological proof to back the claims. Just astonishing the lengths some will go to, just to control the pleasurable adult choices of others. Its seems if its fun, then it shuld be banned. Not researched to see how the risks can be mitigated, not safely and legally supplied with sensible regulation and education, like highly addictive and often deadly alcohol, nope, just banned, in other words handed over to criminals to exploit for vast profits. Smart guys, those feds!

It may be sold everywhere onlile, but it is expensive to buy outside of SEA. And why now, would anybody in Thailand import it! 

People are asking about kratom. Just told its available on line, but as it is legal now you can ask the Thai. Since 1943 it was forbidden in Thailand and many Thai habitat trees were chopped down.

However there are still of those trees in hidden places.

In Malaysia it is forbidden, but not in Indonesia, weird as they are both moslim countries.

Once i found an add of an Indonesian guy selling in bulk. Thought about it, but let it be.

Probably cant find it anymore as windows and all searchengines block many things today.

Really annoying and frustrating. Think i have to buy comp with windows 7/8, back tot the past. 

Just googled and here it is  https://nusagro.com/kratom/  you can order kratom in Indonesia.

5 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

What's your point?

And if they legalize kratom , they can legalize ganja as well for the same reasons for wich they are now taking kratom of the list .

On 8/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, steven100 said:

so all the TV pot heads will be on the phone tomorrow ordering their drugs.   Lol

Some might think that a very curious attraction to one Prayut, might indicate partaking of something. 

If that is what alcohol does to one's brain, I, for one, will continue to stay away from it, other than for disinfection purpose.

Just an observation. Of course I am not referring to you. Just anyone who has a rather curious compulsion towards someone he has never even met.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

They are questions Einstein, not statements.

Ok, I saw that Huckleberry Finn. ???? 

Let´s see here: Below are your much valued questions.

Answer: Trick question as you already know the answer.

Answer: Really doesn´t matter. It´s legal now and that´s the reality that matters. (Darn, I am so tired to state the obvious)

So, Again! What is your point?  ????

9 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, I saw that Huckleberry Finn. ???? 

Let´s see here: Below are your much valued questions.

Answer: Trick question as you already know the answer.

Answer: Really doesn´t matter. It´s legal now and that´s the reality that matters. (Darn, I am so tired to state the obvious)

So, Again! What is your point?  ????

I was always told to never argue with an ----. I see no reason to go against that advice.

I will only repeat "they are questions, Einstein" 

Questions with regard to this post:

Great, lets just use it with the other leafy greens and create a salad for sale, like the marijuana laced foods being sold at hospitals or the Marijuana laced boba drinks......

Does it begin to make sense to you now or are you still in a haze of confusion as to why you are replying to my post?

Do you understand the workings of ThailandRyan's mind? If not, then why are you intervening in my question to him? 

Perhaps go to find friends of your own? I was writing to ThailandRyan; hence my quoting him.

• Haha 1