Have you had a vaccine yet?

cyril sneer

Have you had a vaccine yet?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, turner34 said:

Just had my 1st shot of Pfizer, 2nd one due 16th September. Text message received yesterday, to go to Central Festival in Pattaya. By the way, I’m also under 60 & no underlying medical conditions ????

as expected they move now to the younger people. If they really kept 150k for expats they should be enough for all registrants (if only under 50k registered)

Registered on the government web site. I live in Hua Hin. But the jab is in BKK. Most of everyone one I know is getting it in Hua Hin. Why they booked for BKK I will never know? Will pass on this appointment and try to  register again and hope it is local. If not, up to them. 5555

Registered for Pfizer vaccine, Aug 2 at expatvac. All documents uploaded without problem, including Medical Certificate listing Cardiovascular disease. American, age 74. Received return email of successful registration ... then nothing. Registered here in Chiang Mai, CMCVR Aug, 23  reply with registration number.  And awaiting scheduling for vaccine.

1 hour ago, superal said:

Actually , the jury are out on the third " booster jab " cos some meds are saying the body will become totally reliant on getting jabs , as opposed to your body being in sync with the vaccine and building up its own immunity . Being debated at the moment in the UK & USA . Also saying that there is a massive need to vaccinate poorer countries that up to now have very few with a single jab . The cliche being 

" Were not safe till were all safe "  

What's that old saying, waste not want not, suffice to say, I totally agree with what you are saying, however as I have paid for Moderna well in advance before the USA provided us with the Pfizer which I am grateful for, Moderna will become a booster for me, i.e. if the evidence at the time suggests it is warranted, otherwise I will sell it to a family member who won't take Sinovac or AZ, yes we have some Hi So village people here too, it's not just farangs ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

Difficult to get up here in Issan.  Not even the Sinovac which not many Thais want is available.

I've booked at 3 different private hospital's but they say there waiting for the government to allocate Pfeizer4and Astra Zeneca.

For people in Bangkok, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, etc there getting Pfeizer and Astra Zeneca already.

ISSAN Is left to hang dry.

Hard to travel domestically without vaccines with the supposed opening up nextdoor month.

1 hour ago, turner34 said:

Just had my 1st shot of Pfizer, 2nd one due 16th September. Text message received yesterday, to go to Central Festival in Pattaya. By the way, I’m also under 60 & no underlying medical conditions ????

Same for me except it yesterday and the second on the 15th. Thank you US donation.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 1

My Bangkok Pattaya Hospital story of 25 August:

Just finished with the first jab. The process wasn't the best. I got there 15 minutes early, queued up doing the proper distancing, when three idiots walked up wearing their masks like chin diapers. One asked me "Why you stand so far back?" and I lost it. Pent up anger for idiots wearing their masks like that - I said (just under a yell) "Cuz that's what we're supposed to do, and we wear our masks over our nose!" Then we were given a form with our queue number to fill out and shuffled off to a room where we were all sitting next to each other, waiting for our queue numbers to be called. The hospital staff had to tell those idiots TWICE to put their masks back on properly. They took us in five at a time to get screened, BP taken, then shuffled us off to another room where distancing was better observed. We then waited for the actual jab, and once stuck, taken to the last room for 30 minutes observation. I got there 12:45, out of there at 2:40. Almost two hours.

Next jab is 15 Sept at Central Festival, walk in any time between 9:00-3:00. Yay?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

ISSAN Is left to hang dry.

If you have registered with Expatvac you may soon get your Pfizer jab too, as me and a good deal of other expats got their shot today at Sapphasit Hospital in UBON. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

What's that old saying, waste not want not, suffice to say, I totally agree with what you are saying, however as I have paid for Moderna well in advance before the USA provided us with the Pfizer which I am grateful for, Moderna will become a booster for me, i.e. if the evidence at the time suggests it is warranted, otherwise I will sell it to a family member who won't take Sinovac or AZ, yes we have some Hi So village people here too, it's not just farangs ????

Ditto..

• Like 1

I had the Moderna Vaccine in the USA.  The 1st injection on 7 January 2021 and the second on 1 February 2021.  Going back to the USA next month  for medical and dental appointments.  Will probably be gone for 3 to 4 months and if a 3rd injection becomes available from Moderna I will get it.

• Thanks 1