What is the Secret to Happiness?

There's No secret to happiness, life is what you make of it yourself .

One can make a home anywhere in the world it all depends what one want's /likes 

One can be happy with that and if one has a good Partner/wife/girlfriend they can make a Very Happy Life and make it last.

Happiness is what one can Make with the right partner and right place to live. 

There's no secret to Happiness ,that's what I Think.But Hey, I could be wrong  ????

2 hours ago, Adiudon said:

Easy,

Don't worry about stuff that you can't control,

Don't compare yourself to others,

Be content with what you have

and get a dog for company.

Hey , I have a lovely big Mackeral tabby cat for company , a house is not a home till one shares a book on other cats.

IMGP1638.JPG

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Stocky said:

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen, nineteen and six, result happiness.  Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

~ Wilkins Micawber
(Charles Dickens - David Copperfield)

20 pounds gone in 1 day

17 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thailand is a place in which it is fundamentally incumbent upon us to remain happy. Expression of unhappiness in Thailand, is just not acceptable.

Should we not smile, enough, then we let others down. This is part of the culture.

The very act of smiling, makes everybody happy.

We know this from basic psychology:  We are afraid because we run, for example.

And, we are happy just because we smile.

I LOVE Thailand.

Thailand is the best place I have ever been.

Truly, I love Thailand, more than any other country.

except when some <deleted> cuts me off and causes me stress on the roads...

18 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What?

Sorry, my friend.

I thought you might know this place where Dickens learned to write.

This is Marshalsea.

Without this notorious debtors' prison in Southwark, we would not have the Works of Dickens, obviously.

By the way, Dickens was a prolific writer.

And yet, nobody complained about his writing "too much".

I guess that I am no Dickens.

Right?

The POINT being that Happiness can be found in the strangest of places.

Dickens found his happiness in debtors prison.

And so, we can say, it's not over until it's over.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

There's No secret to happiness, life is what you make of it yourself .

One can make a home anywhere in the world it all depends what one want's /likes 

One can be happy with that and if one has a good Partner/wife/girlfriend they can make a Very Happy Life and make it last.

Happiness is what one can Make with the right partner and right place to live. 

There's no secret to Happiness ,that's what I Think.But Hey, I could be wrong  ????

So just walk around farting

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry, my friend.

I thought you might know this place where Dickens learned to write.

This is Marshalsea.

Without this notorious debtors' prison in Southwark, we would not have the Works of Dickens, obviously.

By the way, Dickens was a prolific writer.

And yet, nobody complained about his writing "too much".

I guess that I am no Dickens.

Right?

The POINT being that Happiness can be found in the strangest of places.

Dickens found his happiness in debtors prison.

And so, we can say, it's not over until it's over.

No

8 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Happiness is being able to do what we want in life. Similarly, I define success as being able to spend your life in your own way. I was happy enough in the UK; I’m happier still in LOS, because here I’ve found more freedom to do exactly what I want in life. I am happy, very content with my lot.

How about you? Are you living a life of your own choosing?

What motivates you? What do you want to achieve for yourself and those you love? What do you value most, spiritually, emotionally, and materially? If you’ve reached those goals you will be happy and if you haven’t, chances are that you won't be happy.

Having a purpose is the key to a fulfilling and happy life, not forgetting that one person’s happiness is another’s nightmare. There are people on these forums who seem to live a life that I’d hate and vice-versa. So long as you are able to follow your purpose your life will have meaning…to you. And it does not matter, in the context of this question, what other people's opinions of you are. Contentment comes at a time that you understand what your purpose is and that you are pursuing it. Discontent arrives when you forget or can’t find or are blocked from pursuing your purpose.

I also like what Mark Twain wrote when looking back on his life:

"There isn't time, so brief is life, for bickerings, apologies, heartburnings, callings to account. There is only time for loving, and but an instant, so to speak, for that."

What a wonderful quote by Twain, so easy to appreciate, yet so hard to put into practice.

Of course Goethe, reflecting on his life, said that he had been happy at most 4 weeks in his life in total. So again the brevity of time spent in happiness is a real thread among those with genius.

• Like 1

I liked the excellent posts from both of the 'Chris' posters.   I feel like I am happier now than in some of my earlier years.  I think it's important to keep a positive outlook as much as you can and I always try to see the glass as half full rather than half empty.