Amazing Thailand: 500 dogs given Thai ID cards

webfact

As a foreigner is it very difficult if you are not married to get a pink card..... Living 16 years in the same city, paid tax, have social security insurance, a valid extended visa for the same time but I only can get a pink card if I copy my passport , legalize it at the Embassy and than translate into Thai with legalisation again....Ok if it is that difficult than no card

• Confused 1

As daft as it may seem... 

Perhaps a step in the right direction IF the objective is to have dogs licensed so that owners are responsible for them when they bite. 

Unfortunately, this is more likely to be just a juvenile bit of fun thought up by someone in position of ID issuing power...

Yeah, its nice, its cute...  but really...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Can samui said:

Once again proving that expats are indeed viewed as lower than animals here.

Not to mention those (real people) refugees up in the mountains and at special camps at the borders who have actually lived in Thai territory for years and years and cannot get an official Thai ID.

How about a National Refugee Day for them?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thongbai, a former sergeant major in the army, said it was a first in the world for Thailand. 

Sorry but the ship sailed ages ago.  https://www.carodog.eu/identification-and-registration/countries-where-identification-andor-registration-of-dogs-is-mandatory/

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Does this come with the right to vote? Would be the first time I would understand, why they would vote for bones, treats and biscuits - their owners go for money, money and money! 

So no competition there! Lets see the next election's outcome ......... 

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

As a foreigner is it very difficult if you are not married to get a pink card..... Living 16 years in the same city, paid tax, have social security insurance, a valid extended visa for the same time but I only can get a pink card if I copy my passport , legalize it at the Embassy and than translate into Thai with legalisation again....Ok if it is that difficult than no card

We are not married. We are both farang. Got pink ID card very easily and only cost a few Baht. 

Have you actually tried to get one?