Inmates released following "Kratom" decriminalization

snoop1130

As long as they have been tested for Covid, this is a very positive trend for society. Same should happen immediately, for anything ganga related.

Now, if only we can get America to follow this pattern. There are 2.2 million inmates, and a ridiculous number of them are locked up for petty drug offenses, and the majority are black and Hispanic, who could not afford a good lawyer. White men and women, without a criminal record rarely get jailed for petty drug offenses in the US. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Now, if only we can get America to follow this pattern. There are 2.2 million inmates, and a ridiculous number of them are locked up for petty drug offenses, and the majority are black and Hispanic, who could not afford a good lawyer. White men and women, without a criminal record rarely get jailed for petty drug offenses in the US. 

Ganja was the gateway for me getting involved  and addicted to harder drugs. However, if all drugs had been legal, I'd still have got into them all. 

Ganja laws should be relaxed and alcohol laws stiffened. Alcohol is the cause of 75% of crimes in Scotland and causes many issues there, and here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's great they are being released, but it's into a society where, without connections, they will have a hard time finding honest work. Are they given a stipend to get by for a while? They may end up not eating much better than in the joint.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As long as they have been tested for Covid, this is a very positive trend for society. Same should happen immediately, for anything ganga related.

You still feel down because of covid it seems ?

are you sure that it's so important to talk about it on any thread ?!

it's nothing, I still wonder why it can affect anybody's life !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2021 at 12:40 PM, Neeranam said:

Ganja was the gateway for me getting involved  and addicted to harder drugs. However, if all drugs had been legal, I'd still have got into them all. 

Ganja laws should be relaxed and alcohol laws stiffened. Alcohol is the cause of 75% of crimes in Scotland and causes many issues there, and here. 

There is no such thing as a gateway drug, it is debunked propaganda, invented to demonize cannabis. https://www.healthline.com/health/is-marijuana-a-gateway-drug

Is beer a gateway to methylated spirits? The concept is nonsensical since few of us progress to that and the reason is simply that addiction is in the person, not the drugs.

Even as your own post in the next sentence, goes on to prove, addiction is in the person, not the drug.

Millions use all manner of drugs including heroin their entire lives (Kieth Richards) and crystal meth, without going psycho, ending up on skid row, or overdosing, and ODs are caused by prohibition, nothing else!

The percentages of people with a problematic relationship with all drugs equals those who become addicted to alcohol.

Here's a mental excercise to break out of the brainwashing; next time you read any drug article, replace the substance in the article with the word BEER it and it will become quite obvious that that even the language used in the report is biased, sensationalist, and frankly, ridiculous.

This irrational thinking around all drugs has to end.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

There is no such thing as a gateway drug, it is debunked propaganda, invented to demonize cannabis. https://www.healthline.com/health/is-marijuana-a-gateway-drug

Is beer a gateway to methylated spirits? The concept is nonsensical since few of us progress to that and the reason is simply that addiction is in the person, not the drugs.

Even as your own post in the next sentence, goes on to prove, addiction is in the person, not the drug.

Millions use all manner of drugs including heroin their entire lives (Kieth Richards) and crystal meth, without going psycho, ending up on skid row, or overdosing, and ODs are caused by prohibition, nothing else!

The percentages of people with a problematic relationship with all drugs equals those who become addicted to alcohol.

Here's a mental excercise to break out of the brainwashing; next time you read any drug article, replace the substance in the article with the word BEER it and it will become quite obvious that that even the language used in the report is biased, sensationalist, and frankly, ridiculous.

This irrational thinking around all drugs has to end.

Interesting, but I disagree a bit.

What I mean -  I used to buy ganja, which is nearly harmless, from a guy who also sold speed, which nearly killed me at 25, and made me psychotic, got me incarcerated. I would never have gotten addicted to that if it weren't for the dope dealer. This is due to the fact that they were illegal. 

I agree that addiction is the "dis ease".

My gran used to tell me to stick with beer as I would only end up a drunk, whereas if I drank spirits, I'd end up an alcoholic. Nonsense, I know, however much easier to drink spirits than beer, ie a half bottle of Smirnoff in a coffee flask or ginger bottle at work.

Keith Richards maybe isn't a good example, look at him! 

Pure heroin is less dangerous than alcohol, for sure. Actually, alcoholics get their high as they are physiologically different from normal people - their bodies produce natural opiates, when alcohol is introduced to the body. Now, breakthrough is being made with a drug for alkie -  and opoid antagonist, which stop an alkie from getting the high. 

The worst drugs around are things like Methadone or Benzos, but they are prescribed willy nilly by doctors -  try coming off them, 100x worse than heroin or alcohol!! 

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 11:20 AM, Neeranam said:

Interesting, but I disagree a bit.

What I mean -  I used to buy ganja, which is nearly harmless, from a guy who also sold speed, which nearly killed me at 25, and made me psychotic, got me incarcerated. I would never have gotten addicted to that if it weren't for the dope dealer. This is due to the fact that they were illegal. 

I agree that addiction is the "dis ease".

My gran used to tell me to stick with beer as I would only end up a drunk, whereas if I drank spirits, I'd end up an alcoholic. Nonsense, I know, however much easier to drink spirits than beer, ie a half bottle of Smirnoff in a coffee flask or ginger bottle at work.

Keith Richards maybe isn't a good example, look at him! 

Pure heroin is less dangerous than alcohol, for sure. Actually, alcoholics get their high as they are physiologically different from normal people - their bodies produce natural opiates, when alcohol is introduced to the body. Now, breakthrough is being made with a drug for alkie -  and opoid antagonist, which stop an alkie from getting the high. 

The worst drugs around are things like Methadone or Benzos, but they are prescribed willy nilly by doctors -  try coming off them, 100x worse than heroin or alcohol!! 

Got any references for this idea that alcoholics bodies are different?

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, brobro2424 said:

Got any references for this idea that alcoholics bodies are different?

Sorry, but I only know from experience. 

30 years ago, I took pat in a drug trial for Naltrexone, an opoid antagonist drug.

I could drink like a normal person, for the first time in my life. This is because in alcoholics, the body has a physiological difference when imbibing alcohol, it produces natural-occurring opiates. When taking the Naltrexone, I never got the normal high I experienced. Also, I never got the DT's in the morning, despite drinking every day. 

I know others with similar experience from this drug. I guess only an alcoholic can know the effect we get from drinking, hard to explain to normies. 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:20 AM, Neeranam said:

I would never have gotten addicted to that if it weren't for the dope dealer.

Nonsense. You got addicted - you, all by yourself.

Blaming the dealer is like hitting a tree with your car and blaming the tree.

And I know what I am talking about - been clean and sober for 30 years. Did every drug - checked all the boxes. Not crack or X - not invented yet.

Best you learn about causes of addiction, why it happens.

2 hours ago, seedy said:

Nonsense. You got addicted - you, all by yourself.

Blaming the dealer is like hitting a tree with your car and blaming the tree.

And I know what I am talking about - been clean and sober for 30 years. Did every drug - checked all the boxes. Not crack or X - not invented yet.

Best you learn about causes of addiction, why it happens.

My Discovering amphetamins was nothing like blaming a tree. It was because of my has dealer. I know what I'm talking about too. Worked in a drug rehab for 18 years.

I'm for legalising all drugs.

They sell Kratom on Lazada so thought I'd give it a go. Went through all the steeping 2 to 3 hrs in hot water with lime juice added to bring out the alkaloids. Nada, zip, zilch. I have absolutely no idea why this had been made illegal. Tastes like green tea with about as much efficacy. Left them outside for some lightweight.

37 minutes ago, john daniel said:

They sell Kratom on Lazada so thought I'd give it a go. Went through all the steeping 2 to 3 hrs in hot water with lime juice added to bring out the alkaloids. Nada, zip, zilch. I have absolutely no idea why this had been made illegal. Tastes like green tea with about as much efficacy. Left them outside for some lightweight.

just buy the pre-packaged powdered stuff, take a teaspoons worth of powder and wash it down with a drink of choice to hide the taste

3 teaspoons does the trick for me

the leaves don't do much at all unless you eat 20+ of them (no tolerance)

43 minutes ago, john daniel said:

NEVER buy drugs on Lazada, lots of fake stuff. 

38 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Other than relieving pressure on the prison system and reducing the cost to the tax payer, I really don't see the logic in releasing them.

They knowingly broke the law!

It's a bit immoral to keep people in jail for something that is legal now.  More a question of why it was illegal to begin with.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

They knowingly broke the law!

Oh - like all the people, world wide, who have been released decades later for a crime they did not commit ?

Heard of Hurricane Carter ? One of many many many

Edited by seedy