What's Wrong with the Rain?

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Don't confuse Thailand with other country's farmers. It's the co-ops and levels above the Thai farmer who make most of the money off of farming in Thailand.

I think farmers get ripped off in most countries I have friends in the UK who farm beef cattle.

They told me how much they get for one cow then look at the price of steak on sale.

They reckon supermarkets are the worse culprits and farmers are trying to avoid dealing with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I think farmers get ripped off in most countries I have friends in the UK who farm beef cattle.

They told me how much they get for one cow then look at the price of steak on sale.

They reckon supermarkets are the worse culprits and farmers are trying to avoid dealing with them

And if you loved fish instead of rice would you then write them a love letter? Fishing is more than RELATIVELY dangerous. And fisherman are paid a PITTANCE. Where are your priorities? ????????????????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Every time I take a bite of food, I give thanks to the farm workers who provide the food which keeps me alive.

Every time I take a bite of food I pray the farm worker didn't overdo the pesticide so I can stay alive.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

And if you loved fish instead of rice would you then write them a love letter? Fishing is more than RELATIVELY dangerous. And fisherman are paid a PITTANCE. Where are your priorities? ????????????????

The original post was about who makes money out of farmers, I continued the theme.

Nothing to do with fish, rice or any other specific product.

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I think there is a competition going on----"GammaGlobulin" Joined 8 days ago and has 343 post---but neck and neck is "Will B Good" also joined the very same day (last week) and has 337 posts. 

343 and 337 is not neck and neck, not even close. Not sorry to be pedantic.

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Rice cultivation is backbreaking work. 

I take it you have tried modern rice farming? I have seen: tractors ploughing, I have seen seed being thrown on the ploughed fields. I have seen weeds the height of elephant grass and I have seen tracked harvesters cutting, threshing and disgorging grains. 

Where is the hard work in that?

Now, subsistence farming is another thing. But still machinery is involved. No one farms by hand any more. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

The original post was about who makes money out of farmers, I continued the theme.

Nothing to do with fish, rice or any other specific product.

I apologise, I was trying to reply to the original post. The problem here is that you are forbidden to delete a post, or even edit it after less than a minute. ????????

11 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

I take it you have tried modern rice farming? I have seen: tractors ploughing, I have seen seed being thrown on the ploughed fields. I have seen weeds the height of elephant grass and I have seen tracked harvesters cutting, threshing and disgorging grains. 

Where is the hard work in that?

Now, subsistence farming is another thing. But still machinery is involved. No one farms by hand any more. 

Except Thailand.

One should be grateful for food. Lots of people thinking, i have enough and it is just common to have food.

They throw it away, just like that. Big companies getting better then the ..farmers. And that is global.

In Asia they keep those farmers short and pay less, so you have to keep that rice coming otherwise you cant live.

Why are there the girls in Pattaya and so on? You think they "love you long time"?  No, too less money for living in normal way.

With climate change maybe then no more food. Then people would appreciate the "old times " then when farmers grew the rice and you could eat?

There are lots of  countries, even so called civilized countries, people eat barely. Which is a crying shame.

Big companies keeping prices high for themselves by holding back food or even destroy it.   

Wait until food is gone and you ll be wining again

• Like 1

Farmers are responsible for a tremendous amount of environmental destruction and pollution.

Not just that you can't live in Chiang Mai from Feb to April because of farmers, it's the same all over the world, farmers cause great pollution and environmental destruction.

10 hours ago, beachproperty said:

You must think a lot of yourself! When you write its like a story but its not......its just  a mish mash of gobbly guck. Try getting  your point across quicker and don't drag it out.

What the hell is gobbly guck anyways?

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Every time I take a bite of food, I give thanks to the farm workers who provide the food which keeps me alive. 

Must take a long time to get through a meal...

That said, I live with a family of farmers... great people one and all... [well, almost all] 

• Like 1