Have you changed your mind on the COVID Vaccines?

Chomper Higgot

11 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

That's not the greatest advertising campaign for the vaccines.....However, I am not saying DONT get vaccinated. I am asking for more, many more treatment options EARLY in the illness, and I am also,quite reasonably I think, asking that given vaccines DONT seem to stop spread that we abandon this preposterous 'covid passport' idea.....

Again, the CDC disagrees with you:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The CDC says otherwise:

“A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others. However, the risk for SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.”

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

The CDC does not disagree with me, please try to follow along. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why is that those ‘claiming latest research’ only ever post without a link, without anything to back up their claim and when they do its never a reliable source such as the CDC, WHO, LANCET or anything Peer Reviewed ???

Dick Z... I do agree with your assertion that IF the spread of virus is equally probable from Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated people then taking a vaccine in the first places comes down to personal choice rather than community choice.

However, that is a big ‘IF’... Additionally, when it is already proven that vaccinated people are protected from contracting the virus (and testing positive for) Covid-19 in the first place (i.e. 95% of those dual vaccinated with Pfizer) then their already is a far lesser possibility of community spread. Add to this fact that for those who do contract Covid-19 do so to a far lesser degree (minimised symptoms), they are carrying less viral load and gain, the risk of transmission, or degree of transmission is again minimised as a result of the vaccine. 

Even IF as you stated above there is a risk of transmission from vaccinated people, it is clearly far less. Any research which states otherwise needs to contradict what is already understood of viral load.

Ultimately if 50% (Sinovac) to 95% (Pfizer Moderna) vaccinated individual do not contract Covid-19, they cannot spread it (*Note, the efficacy figures quoted above are pre Delta variant figures). 

Also note: That while I did make the comment for ‘sources’ to reference your claim, I do not think it necessary to provide sources of efficacy and the rest of my comment as this is widely understood and readily available information, whereas we have to dig a lot deeper to source information that the risk of spread of Covid-19 is relatively equal between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. 

Sorry for being incomplete. I got my information from various reliable news sites (not any social media like Fakebook and the likes) and major newspapers. It is only an indication for the direction in which present research is going and which in my understanding is plausible (I am an MD). But full information (albeit not very extensive on spreading) can be found here:

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

1. Your hyperbole imaginations of what the Thai Government are not showing any signs of doing is noted.

2. AstraZenaca’s vaccine came from the U.K. and U.K. backing to research in a UK publicly funded universities. The UK has ‘socialized medicine’.

3. Pfizer BioNTech was funded by the German Government and relies on technology developed by two Turkish immigrants to Germany. Germany has ‘socialized medicine’.

There is no such thing as a ‘Trump Vaccine’.

The vaccines being distributed to foreigners in Thailand, like the vaccines being distributed in the US, UK, across the EU and elsewhere are all paid for by Governments and provided to individuals free of charge. Socialized medicine in practice.

Did you read that on Vox? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So if you can still get the virus and transfer it to others, why do people care that others get vaccinated? 

Ask your dr why you should take the vaccine even you can get the virus and also transfer it to others. 

My guess you already checked that out and you know why, or you only read headlines and scream leftist biased media and fake news? 

• Like 1

A troll post and reply have been removed also a Twitter post.

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why is that those ‘claiming latest research’ only ever post without a link, without anything to back up their claim and when they do its never a reliable source such as the CDC, WHO, LANCET or anything Peer Reviewed ???

Dick Z... I do agree with your assertion that IF the spread of virus is equally probable from Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated people then taking a vaccine in the first places comes down to personal choice rather than community choice.

However, that is a big ‘IF’... Additionally, when it is already proven that vaccinated people are protected from contracting the virus (and testing positive for) Covid-19 in the first place (i.e. 95% of those dual vaccinated with Pfizer) then their already is a far lesser possibility of community spread. Add to this fact that for those who do contract Covid-19 do so to a far lesser degree (minimised symptoms), they are carrying less viral load and gain, the risk of transmission, or degree of transmission is again minimised as a result of the vaccine. 

Even IF as you stated above there is a risk of transmission from vaccinated people, it is clearly far less. Any research which states otherwise needs to contradict what is already understood of viral load.

Ultimately if 50% (Sinovac) to 95% (Pfizer Moderna) vaccinated individual do not contract Covid-19, they cannot spread it (*Note, the efficacy figures quoted above are pre Delta variant figures). 

Also note: That while I did make the comment for ‘sources’ to reference your claim, I do not think it necessary to provide sources of efficacy and the rest of my comment as this is widely understood and readily available information, whereas we have to dig a lot deeper to source information that the risk of spread of Covid-19 is relatively equal between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. 

Here is some additional information. It's still immature, but yet...

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2021/08/31/nu-de-vaccinatiegraad-blijft-steken-is-de-vraag-hoever-het-kabinet-wil-gaan-om-die-op-te-krikken-a4056698#/handelsblad/2021/09/01/#112

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2021/08/19/coronavaccins-beschermen-minder-goed-tegen-de-deltavariant-a4055363

https://www.ndm.ox.ac.uk/files/coronavirus/covid-19-infection-survey/finalfinalcombinedve20210816.pdf

If you have trouble with the Dutch articles... maybe that is a reason for me to omit some sources, but there is always Google translate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Ask your dr why you should take the vaccine even you can get the virus and also transfer it to others. 

My guess you already checked that out and you know why, or you only read headlines and scream leftist biased media and fake news? 

Why would I ask my doctor? 

I've already gotten the first Pfizer shot and will get the second next week. You?

Again, if the vaccine works, why do you care if others take it? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The surge in the US is almost 100% because of the unvaccinated. I'm well aware most of the world doesn't have jabs. And well aware this bug will be with us forever.

I'm also well aware even if vaccinated, I can still get sick and spread the bug. And that I can also die or suffer from long covid.

Just don't like selfish people who refuse to get vaccinated. I'm tired of wearing masks.

I’m tired of wearing masks too, but Canada hit its target of 70% vaccinated, and as soon as they loosened up the rules, cases started to rise; Now they’re telling us we have to wear them again.
So what is the magic number that we need to reach herd immunity now? what happens if we hit 100%, and cases still continue to pop up? 

Right now, Canada’s 7 day average death rate is under 20 per day, and yet we’re still freaking out about a few hundred new cases, and reinstating restrictions that were only lifted less than two months ago. At what point will it be considered safe to go back to normal? 

I understand that the situation in Thailand is different. I’m just using my home country as an example of how some governments apparently won’t let this go until covid has completely disappeared from the face of the earth. If that’s the goal, we’ll be wearing masks and eating take-out forever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

I’m tired of wearing masks too, but Canada hit its target of 70% vaccinated, and as soon as they loosened up the rules, cases started to rise; Now they’re telling us we have to wear them again.
So what is the magic number that we need to reach herd immunity now? what happens if we hit 100%, and cases still continue to pop up? 

Right now, Canada’s 7 day average death rate is under 20 per day, and yet we’re still freaking out about a few hundred new cases, and reinstating restrictions that were only lifted less than two months ago. At what point will it be considered safe to go back to normal? 

I understand that the situation in Thailand is different. I’m just using my home country as an example of how some governments apparently won’t let this go until covid has completely disappeared from the face of the earth. If that’s the goal, we’ll be wearing masks and eating take-out forever. 

The 70% vaccination target was applied when vaccines became available to combat the first strains of COVID.

The Delta strain is very much more infectious, which is the reason governments have stated for reinstatement of public health measures that were previously relaxed.

Take a look south of the border at States that have refused to implement public health measures with the result of accelerating infections, overloaded hospitals and a cloning death toll.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The 70% vaccination target was applied when vaccines became available to combat the first strains of COVID.

The Delta strain is very much more infectious, which is the reason governments have stated for reinstatement of public health measures that were previously relaxed.

Take a look south of the border at States that have refused to implement public health measures with the result of accelerating infections, overloaded hospitals and a cloning death toll.

So what percentage should be the new target? What happens if that number still isn’t enough?
Aiming for 100% is unrealistic, especially when we haven’t even approved the vaccines for children yet. 

I have no issue with localized lockdowns and mask mandates when hospitals are overwhelmed, but that hasn’t been the case in my area for quite a while now. 
At this point, any further restrictions should be based on available hospital capacity, not case numbers.

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

90 percent.

Plus an indefinite booster program.

Vaccine approvals for children are progressing.

Who says 90%? 

Indefinite booster program? For the whole world? That doesn’t sound very feasible, but at least big pharma will make a ton of money trying. 

If that doesn’t work, I guess we’ll have to shoot for 110%. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

Who says 90%? 

Indefinite booster program? For the whole world? That doesn’t sound very feasible, but at least big pharma will make a ton of money trying. 

Masks and shutdowns until a few months before the mid-term election...

8 hours ago, Justin Cred1ble said:

Probably because he wants to help them and does not want them to die.

I wonder if those who are so concerned about other people’s lives spend as much time and energy trying to talk them out of riding motorcycles in Thailand. 

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

Who says 90%? 

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-up-to-90-population-needs-vaccine-for-herd-immunity-2020-12?op=1

You can include the previously infected for a while anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

Dependes on your sourches of proof! But yes some is true and never proved it is a though world, but when you making a conspirecy to complex and to wild then you loose credibility, for instance earth  is flat, moon landing never happend, jewish is the root of evil, democrates is phedofile, and you believe aliens is walking among us, then take a rest please.

vaccines saves life, and truth is, some get serious side effects and some do die as an result of vaccines, but 99,99 pople do not have any serious side effects. 

I belive the statistic now is 30 people of 5 milllion had severe side effect of the vaccine, and more than 5, 35 billion jabs have been given world wide. 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

It was a facetious comment about poor use of the English language. The same as people say close proximity, they mean the same thing.

Try to relax.

Have had one AZ shot. Second one due this month. But like others I feel a bit nervous about the new mRNA type vaccines. Even though I did register in a couple of places earlier this year for Moderna when it was looking like there would be no vaccination for foreigners. I am glad to have had AZ.

I do feel the drug companies are rushing to push out whatever they can under EUA's.

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, old Fauci keeps flip-flopping and moving the goal-posts...

Apparently he's down (or up depending on when you last looked) to 70-85%

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I wonder how all the leftists here be talking if the Thai government developed their own vaccine and was compelling everyone to be vaccinated....

Also, where are all the great vaccines from countries with socialized medicine? 

Why does everyone seem to only want Trump's vaccines? 

Check where the research and development was done . Trump had no connection other than guaranteeing orders or with Moderna also providing up front cash.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1