is political correctness arrived in ASIA?

georgegeorgia

Yes, when I used to work and tell everybody I take vacation in Thailand men had been shocked and after adding...and I bang 18 year's old chicks--my reputation was established.

I just laughed and enjoyed minimum freedom of speech.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Girls who walk around half naked with super short shorts  and low cut tops with boobs hanging out  and then complain if a male dares to look at them need to take a good look in the mirror.    Looking is ok.  Cat calls and stalking are not ok.  How many older women would not look if a young handsome stud with abs and a speedo walked by them?  Not many.

They want looks

Otherwise they wouldnt wear it

Had a girl show me her beaver

Of course she wanted me to look

• Like 2

19 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

,i remember having a chat to a younger guy who i thopught was a true man with his tattoos etc once on a construction site job about a year ago  and i he asked me about thailand and seemed excited and all i told him was i loved going to the bars there and even watching the ladyboy shows, he asked what they do in the go go bars etc and even though he looked like a real "blokey bloke" type i was surprised and shocked at his response ..."i find that so offensive ! he said ,those poor women ,forced to do this ,i find that so offensive and derarogortory he shouted 

,i immediately had to stop talking to him and walk away 

IMO the subverted are everywhere.

One thing that is not being taught - I believe - is for children to learn to think.

It is all "This is how the world is, this is how you must act, and think, and feel, and do.

Maintain the Status Quo at all costs, when to do so just increases the number of slaves in the world.

When what it should be is "Question Everything"

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
― Albert Einstein

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

One thing that is not being taught - I believe - is for children to learn to think.

It is all "This is how the world is, this is how you must act, and think, and feel, and do.

Maintain the Status Quo at all costs, when to do so just increases the number of slaves in the world.

When what it should be is "Question Everything"

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
― Albert Einstein

True, but best not to ask how Thamanat accrued $42 million.

1 hour ago, Boarn said:

I left the West at age 15, 20 odd years ago for a few reasons.

PC culture being the main one (it's got far worse since I left!), if PC comes to Asia where else can we go!

Freedom of speech is non existent back home, I reserve the right to offend and hate, in return have no problem with anyone else offending or hating me. That being said I don't take offense, at all, couldn't care less, the only thing that really angers me is other people taking offense at things that don't concern them.

The woke brigade will be the detriment to the West, I hear people saying they wouldn't want their children to go to school in Thailand, well I wouldn't want to send children to school in the West, scary what they are doing now, 4 year old children being allowed to identify as the opposite sex with no input from parents just one example of lunacy beyond bounds.

If you are 'normal' I would leave the West at all costs.

Ha, I can't remember the details now but a while back when I spoke to one of my daughters I said 'Hello birthing person [+name]' in a joking manner and she immediately replied that having no children in her married life had never been a subject of discussion before, so why now? Whoops! I then had to explain that I was simply using the the term that the University of Liverpool (or was it Manchester?) in England were suggesting that the term 'women' should be dropped because it has 'men' in it and 'birthing person' was more (biologically) correct. My daughter didn't feel comfortable with that term because it might be abused while negotiating for equal pay but that the term 'woman/women' was more conducive to....I remember leaving the conversation somewhat confused as I thought about saying the same to one of my daughters that had children and what the response. Seconds thoughts convinced me otherwise, Ha!

9 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Whoops! I then had to explain that I was simply using the the term that the University of Liverpool (or was it Manchester?) in England were suggesting that the term 'women' should be dropped because it has 'men' in it and 'birthing person' was more (biologically) correct. 

You couldn't make this stuff up haha, heard something similar as well!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

i guess other things come to mind , about 2 years i accidently stared at a asian girl probaly in her 20's walking across the park here in Australia  power ,walking with tight leg trainers on and headphones 

,a lady standing next to me probaly in her 40's  waiting for the walk signal shook her head  at me in disgust, so i apologised to her for looking at the girl across the park,no idea why didnt even know her  but i did,then she said "please dont look at young girls anymore ", ...Sorry " i said back to her

before we got the green walk signal after that and she walked her separate way.

Apologies for what ?  I would have said to her, "you should apologise for being an ageist. or are you just jealous of her ?"

My f partner is bi, pulls no punches ????"<deleted>$k she is gorgeous" as some good looking girl walks past or "he's handsome" when a good looking guy walks past, same as she said she gets to eyeball a good looking female and I don't.

That said, i don't think PC has gone too far per se but times change and world views change and you either change or get left behind being grumpy. If some woman  doesn't like being called "darling" what in hell is wrong with respecting  that and not calling her darling ?

Jessica Valenti, I think it was commented once that the only thing worse then getting wolf whistles when not being whistled at and she blames men for not whistling at her as she now older.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:27 PM, Will B Good said:

Maybe as a young attractive woman suffering leering looks from old men you might have a different perspective.

Remember it is not just a one off incident when you do something like that, they have to tolerate this and other obnoxious behavior all day, everyday.

Well, yes, exactly. The original poster seems to long for the day when he could casually call women “darling”; but what does the woman think, who’s being called that by someone who’s not her “darling”? Whenever I (and, presumably, most people on this forum), go out in public, I’m read as a man, with all the social and cultural implications of that. I have NO IDEA what it’s like to be read as a woman, so the best I can do is listen to what women have to say about it. This article is a good start.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-thing-all-women-do-you-dont-know-about_b_8630416

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Ha, I can't remember the details now but a while back when I spoke to one of my daughters I said 'Hello birthing person [+name]' in a joking manner and she immediately replied that having no children in her married life had never been a subject of discussion before, so why now? Whoops! I then had to explain that I was simply using the the term that the University of Liverpool (or was it Manchester?) in England were suggesting that the term 'women' should be dropped because it has 'men' in it and 'birthing person' was more (biologically) correct. My daughter didn't feel comfortable with that term because it might be abused while negotiating for equal pay but that the term 'woman/women' was more conducive to....I remember leaving the conversation somewhat confused as I thought about saying the same to one of my daughters that had children and what the response. Seconds thoughts convinced me otherwise, Ha!

They are stupid anyway. They tried to stop people calling male midwives by that name, but the origins of the word are apparently nothing to do with gender of the person assisting the pregnant woman.

Google gives us

What is the literal meaning of midwife?

a person who assists women in childbirth

Seems to me the western world is being taken over by stupid people.

• Like 1