Can you actually identify if a woman is from Thailand, the Philippines,Vietnam, Singapore or Cambodia?

ASEAN NOW News

My wife is of Vietnamese ancestry.  In Myanmar and Indonesia, locals would try to speak to her in their native language.  Filipinos in the U.S.  approach her and ask if she's one of them. 

I once lost track of my wife in a smallish grocery store in New Mexico.  It was full of Indians, mostly Navajos I think.  I had a heck of a time finding her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

Central Thais tend to look more Chinese, Isaan-region Thais look relatively completely different,

Issan women look completely different from northern Thai women. The ( ? Chinese ) genes of women in Chiang Mai makes them far more attractive in my eyes.

My wife was from a region close to Laos and she looked different to both northern and Issan women.

Malay women look completely different to Singaporean and Thai women.

Filipinas are really different from other SEA women. I worked with many.

I might have a problem telling Japanese and Sth Korean women apart though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Issan women look completely different from northern Thai women. The ( ? Chinese ) genes of women in Chiang Mai makes them far more attractive in my eyes.

My wife was from a region close to Laos and she looked different to both northern and Issan women.

Malay women look completely different to Singaporean and Thai women.

Filipinas are really different from other SEA women. I worked with many.

I might have a problem telling Japanese and Sth Korean women apart though.

Singaporean is a mix of Chinese and Malay in very varying degrees. I'm really not sure you can say they have a generic look. 

Generally I can make a good fist of guessing, except as someone else says, Korean and Japanese can be impossible, and SE China/NW India is generally impossible. ????

All beautiful though, from the shortest, darkest Isaan pretty to the tallest, palest Harbin lovely. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

"... Just like there is a difference between Chinese, Japanese and Korean women, and difference between French, English, German, Russian, Swedish women...."

Indeed.

image.png.a0971de8ecbcb2fb2d9bdd1d64a52256.png

You win the post of the day award for that one .

Still laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 10:56 AM, Skallywag said:

Identify her by asking her would be a solution!  555

Listen to her when she is speaking her native language can work as well

Ask ID Card.......Only way to be 100% certain as in Th even katoey cannot change their gender on card....

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

"... Just like there is a difference between Chinese, Japanese and Korean women, and difference between French, English, German, Russian, Swedish women...."

Indeed.

image.png.a0971de8ecbcb2fb2d9bdd1d64a52256.png

I am sure i will not go to Pennsylvania then.

• Haha 1