Indian man dismembered compatriot who tipped off police about visa overstay

snoop1130

Just now, Neeranam said:

I think you mean a 'corrupt' agent. 

Not all agents are corrupt.

Saves me 200 kilometers round trips.

Everything is completely above board.

No problem for people who live close by.

Smart thing to do during a pandemic.

But to each his own.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Thanyaburi district court was preparing documents that would see Raviprakash deported from Thailand. What serving no time for murder ? Looking after quality tourists apparently

It amazes me to what extent people cannot read what is put in front of them, the actual statement was, "at the time of the murder the court was preparing documents " when read correctly there is nothing about him not facing a murder charge. ???? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Not all agents are corrupt.

Saves me 200 kilometers round trips.

Everything is completely above board.

No problem for people who live close by.

Smart thing to do during a pandemic.

But to each his own.

I never said they were. However, if you don't have to go in person to the immigration for your yearly extension, they are corrupt. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Whatever happened to "Bad guys out, good guys in?" Repeat offender?!?!?

"Good guys" contribute generously to their local constabulary. 

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Raviprakash had twice been arrested for visa overstay in Thailand and had been released after paying bail of 50,000 baht and 30,000 baht, respectively

Thank you, come again. 

Looks like the price drops the more you do it, sort of like a frequent flyer discount.

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

When corrupt police are finally stamped out here, immigration will be the first to targeted. Be careful if you get a visa by illegal means. 

I've been telling people that for years.  It's an easy catch too, there's a paperwork trail and CCTV in the Immigration offices. 

OK, some people cannot meet the requirements, but have enough money to live on. 

However, some I know do have the funds, and live close to the office (Pattaya for Jomtien, 10 minutes) but use agents for convenience.  Stupid IMO, they're retired, they have all the time they need, but don't want to "spend" it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

When corrupt police are finally stamped out here, immigration will be the first to targeted. Be careful if you get a visa by illegal means. 

Don't hold your breath..... they will do it for you.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Thanyaburi district court was preparing documents that would see Raviprakash deported from Thailand. What serving no time for murder ? Looking after quality tourists apparently

My reading of this was that deportation documents were being prepared by the court

( perhaps arising out of the tip off) then when he found out he murdered the guy who tipped off the police.

Otherwise what was the point in charging him with premeditated murder.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't hold your breath..... they will do it for you.

For some it is the only way to get a visa, especially if you are over 75, you can not get insurance unless you want to pay 20000 dollars per year. Due to the stupid rules that immigration may be grateful for. 

Best left alone or there may be no retired in that bracket left in smile land 

22 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Whatever happened to "Bad guys out, good guys in?" Repeat offender?!?!?

Overstay makes him a bad guy????? Hands up if you have never broken the law in Thailand! and i mean as little as spitting on the sidewalk or riding a motorcycle with out a helmet or in the wrong direction against traffic. Drinking alcohol on a Buddhist day, sitting with or using a call girl.  BAD! GET OUT! 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ginner said:

Overstay makes him a bad guy????? Hands up if you have never broken the law in Thailand! and i mean as little as spitting on the sidewalk or riding a motorcycle with out a helmet or in the wrong direction against traffic. Drinking alcohol on a Buddhist day, sitting with or using a call girl.  BAD! GET OUT! 

Guilty

10 hours ago, harrycallahan said:

Doesn't dismemberment require limb detachment? He was only halved. 

It was a good start. Probably not a trained butcher. Nor did he have the skills of Jeffrey Dahmer..not that easy to cut up a human body, so I was told.Might give it a shot as soon as somebody rats me out to immigration. 

16 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Twice on overstay, released on bail both times?

As stated in 'Overstaying For Dummies in Thailand Volume 1.'

Rule #1. Don't stay at address on TM card.

????

16 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I recall others on overstay not even allowed to collect personal possessions from residence before being unceremoniously taken into detention prior to a secure trip to Swampy 

As far as I'm aware, if you're caught at home then you can pack some belongings. (but no laptops, cameras, mobiles, etc)

Edited by bobandyson

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Don' forget the plastic bags !

No, there has been a bit of a shortage over the last year or two, since most of the major supermarkets stopped supplying them free with your shopping. Some can still be supplied outside the main stores of course, and people are requested to collect them at home until they have approximately 100 or more, and then deliver them to your local police station where they will be put to good use. 

• Haha 2