Were you able identify your Asian women in yesterdays post? Here are the answers

ASEAN NOW News

Were you able identify if a woman is from Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore or Cambodia?

Yesterday, we posted five photos which had been randomly selected from Google featuring five women.

The correct answers were:

No 1. Was from the Philippines.

filipino1.jpg.01812fee8c9c0534178e76e3c3d5df11.jpg

No.2 from Singapore.

Singaporean.jpg.4706a08728ee6608dbb7814d044a7228.jpg

No.3 from Thailand.

thai-women.jpg.c8f4b9f86a45b3ef7df87b21cde65511.jpg

No.4 from Vietnam

Vietnamese.jpg.da8786d28ce4c1200b81f37d6847c087.jpg

No.5 from Cambodia.

Womens-Rights-in-Cambodia.jpg.8fb0bd3cb49ff536963b6be9f1d07741.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, Swiss1960 said:

Now tell me: is this a skill I will need in the future for immigration purposes, or is it just clickbait to attract new users, because you lost so many based on the ****** (you know what I mean) ad strategy of your company?

think you are right.

moreover, I am wondering whether these women did give their consent to be used as advertising material. 

Personally I would want a piece of the cake.

furthermore, how did ANO think up such bigoted question, and moreover posted it under “News”? As if a face, and its implied racial features, can tell anything about where a person is from. 

or is it a statement towards readers, that there is no other NEWS to report in the AseanNow perspective of the world?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Hi-So beauty queen class which more often that not are sporting European genes are not your typical gal you find in any of these countries.
Miss Cambodia is probably the only exception to that list.

Try posting pictures of small groups of ethnically similar average women (like Miss Cambodia as opposed of a lineup from The Miss <enter country> Beauty Pageant from each of those countries.  Those of us who have lived and traveled through this region could probably identify the differences with close to 100% accuracy.  And you could toss in Japanese, Koreans, Malay, and Chinese women to boot.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What does it matter, white skin, coloured hair, all in stupid poses yuk! Except #5 who is a natural beauty.

All except No. 5 lifted straight from cosmetic ads geared up to make them look 'western', therefore barely distinguishable from each other and with hardly any resemblance to 99.9999% of any of the indigenous populations.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 11:38 AM, pookett said:

A bit silly this.

That has got to be the understatement of the century. 

Ridiculous article "thought up" by some numbskull who probably only has a job thanks to daddy. 

Sorry to see this site slipping deeper and deeper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, KKr said:
On 9/4/2021 at 3:57 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

It's posted in the General Chat forum, not the News forum!

the item was posted By ASEAN NOW News

No, it was posted in the Thailand General Chat forum, General Topics.  It was posted by "Asean Now News" in the General forum, not in the  News forum.

Screenshot (16).png

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it was posted in the Thailand General Chat forum, General Topics.  It was posted by "Asean Now News" in the General forum, not in the  News forum.

Screenshot (16).png

Missing the point are we:
The News Team is posting silly photographs instead of publishing some news.
Comparing five ladies may be news to some, but for others there are things happening that are worthy of being called news.

but if you want, you can be right: The ANO NEWS Team posted something in the general forum.
Says something about their critical thinking. 

1 hour ago, KKr said:

Missing the point are we:
The News Team is posting silly photographs instead of publishing some news.
Comparing five ladies may be news to some, but for others there are things happening that are worthy of being called news.

but if you want, you can be right: The ANO NEWS Team posted something in the general forum.
Says something about their critical thinking. 

No. I wasn't missing the point, I commented about your complaint that it was posted as news in the News forum which was wrong, as you now concede.    I made no comment to you about your seeing it as bigotry because I have no interest in your opinion of the article.    It says nothing at all  about my "critical thinking" [sic].

By the way, this forum and it's teams can publish whatever they like, wherever they like, regardless of their teams' title as it's their own private forum   Members are not in any position to pompously decide what is "worthy".    Asean Now does not publish it's own news reports, it aggregates articles from other sources and then re-publishes those articles.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 11:27 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

The thai one looks like a ladyboy...not that theres anything wrong with that!  555

If it walks like a duck!

You start to get that when you have stayed in Thailand too long . You start second guessing every half pie good looking Thai shiela. I call it trannynoia

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No. I wasn't missing the point, I commented about your complaint that it was posted as news in the News forum which was wrong, as you now concede.    I made no comment to you about your seeing it as bigotry because I have no interest in your opinion of the article.    It says nothing at all  about my "critical thinking" [sic].

By the way, this forum and it's teams can publish whatever they like, wherever they like, regardless of their teams' title as it's their own private forum   Members are not in any position to pompously decide what is "worthy".    Asean Now does not publish it's own news reports, it aggregates articles from other sources and then re-publishes those articles.

My reference to news forum was related to the posting by the news-team.
My reasoning was logical, as, where else would the news-team post their News?
However, as the News-team, accordingly to their activity log, is not meaningfully involved in news, in future I will do my utmost not to read their posts. 

Then, as we know now, and thank you for elaborating this so clearly, this is a Private Forum, and the members are considered as not in any position to pompously decide or have an opinion.

This statement is implying that  you seem to be of the opinion that users of this website are "members".
I strongly disagree and am of the opinion that during the last 12 months or so the users have become "Customers" by the choosing of the operators of the contraption.
Where else do I see so many advertisements on my screen as in Ano, and advertisements are per definition targeted at Consumers or Customers, not members big or small, and hence the website seems to have chosen to maximise earnings from per-view and click revenue, rather than making the effort to attract users by interesting discussions and disseminating local or home country, interesting to know and discuss, articles, sparingly laced with targeted advertisements.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KKr said:
On 9/6/2021 at 6:07 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Then, as we know now, and thank you for elaborating this so clearly, this is a Private Forum, and the members are considered as not in any position to pompously decide or have an opinion.

"Then, as we know now, and thank you for elaborating this so clearly, this is a Private Forum, and the members are considered as not in any position to pompously decide or have an opinion".

I did not say that members are not in a position to have an opinion, those are you words deliberately twisting what I actually said.   I said that this is a private forum and members do not get to pompously dictate what is "worthy", as you did, nor what is posted where and by whom.  

I have no interest in your diatribe about the definition of "members" but you go ahead, fill yer boots.