Vaccine. Now What?

Robin

Yesterday I was given my second jab at the local hospital (Chun.)  That is the government approved vaccine. Sinovac + Astra Zeneca.

I now have a piece of paper, mainly in Thai, which seems to indicate that I have been vaccinated.   But....

Nowhere on the paper is my name in English, nor does it refer to my Passport for identification.  There is an "ID Card Number"  which bears no relationship to any document I have, neither UK Passport, or Thai Tambien Ban.  It also has my date of birth wrong.

Actual vaccination was chaos, with multitude of 'helpers' filling in forms for everyone, and no opportunity to check what was being written.  Mainly, I suspect, because most of the vaccinees were local farmers who had difficulty in reading or writing.

Any suggestions as to how to get this paper converted into some official document that will be accepted by UK immigration to allow back into my own country.

• Sad 2

I don't think , as a British citizen , you need a vaccination to enter the UK.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom/2021/09/01/september-eu-travel-restrictions-covid-19-vaccination-test-and-quarantine-rules-by-country/?sh=1478353d1398

Only British nationals and residents arriving from red list countries will be allowed into England, vaccinated or not, and everyone must quarantine for 10 days in a government-appointed hotel. A negative Covid-19 test is also necessary before departure.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Robin said:

I now have a piece of paper, mainly in Thai, which seems to indicate that I have been vaccinated. 

Can you post this, redacted obviously.

Not sure what you're looking for, without any details?

All I can say is contact the Provincial Health Office, and ask them. They should be able to provide you with a Thai Vaccine ID (13 digits, begins with 600000nnnnnnn), or QR code, which will allow you to view your MoPH vaccination records and certificate, which are in English and Thai.

23 hours ago, Robin said:

Any suggestions as to how to get this paper converted into some official document that will be accepted by UK immigration to allow back into my own country.

I don't think you need vaccination proof to return to your country.

Do you need this proof for some other purposes? If so, contact those that are requiring proof to see what they'll accept. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, Robin said:

As @Denim quoted you don't need it for entry.

As the UK doesn't currently accept vax certificates from outside the EU/US as proof of vaccination it is also irrelevant on that score as well (let alone the type of vax you had).

• Like 1

nor does it refer to my Passport for identification.  There is an "ID Card Number"  which bears no relationship to any document I have,

That number is your vaccination ID number.  It should begin 60XXXXX That and your phone number is all that is needed along with the QR code.

Now What?

Nowhere on the paper is my name in English, nor does it refer to my Passport for identification.  There is an "ID Card Number"  which bears no relationship to any document I have, neither UK Passport, or Thai Tambien Ban.  It also has my DATE of BIRTH WRONG.

my guess is if you present that at any english speaking immigration/border control you would be right up the proverbial with no paddle.
failing that you can wear the badge i got or d/l as a screen saver...up to you.

covid vax badge.jpg

For the UK NHS to accept your vaccination cocktail, you have to use already-approved vaccines.  In the case of sinovac, it will be "No!" and "Never gonna happen", -especially since China has never submitted sinovac for UK regulatory approval.  

These are the only vaccines currently approved in the UK:

The MHRA has authorised 4 COVID vaccines for supply and use in the UK:

• Pfizer/BioNTech
  • Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Moderna
  • Janssen (Johnson and Johnson)

• Like 1

i think my first shot is in a computer system somewhere because i had the vax in bangkok, then a few weeks later my Mor Prom queue number in hua hin came up, and they emailed me to say that it was my turn in the queue, but i could not get the vaccine as they were aware i had already had first shot in BKK

It is nice to know they have some sort of central computer system going on

4 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

For the UK NHS to accept your vaccination cocktail, you have to use already-approved vaccines.  In the case of sinovac, it will be "No!" and "Never gonna happen", -especially since China has never submitted sinovac for UK regulatory approval.  

Sadly, mixed vaccines are going to be a problem for those wishing to travel. I've been to quite a few countries lately. None accept mixed jabs and none accept any other than what you just listed. Hopefully, that will change in the future!

The best thing you can do is to get a Yellow IInernational Vaccination book and have the hospital copy your details into that and stamp it.  I faced the same problem since I was vaxxed with Astra Zeneca (Serum Institute if India) in Cambodia and when I moved to Europe last month, I had trouble since they had never seen a Cambodia Vaccination Certificate.  The Yellow Book is recognized everywhere and it's a simple job to get the data transposed to that.  

Of course as others have pointed out, it won't help much because Thailand is regarded by UK as a Red country and even if it was Amber, your vaccination would not be recognized as only EU/US cerrificates are accepted.  I decided to get vaccinated again to ease my travels and am wating for my second Pfizer shot (on top of the two Astra Zeneca shots I had in Cambodia in March).  No side effects after first Pfizer jab but double vaccination is not recommended by anyone at present.

Edited by Greenstripe

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Same as in Eu.  The Commission has so far given 4 conditional marketing authorisations for the vaccines developed by BioNTech and Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV following EMA positive assessment of their safety and efficacy. Several other vaccines are at different stages of assessment by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

Hi Robyn, sorry to hear you had a less than favorable time. Here in Phuket after the second jab, we expats could go to a centralized hospital with that document you hold, attend the accounts section, pay 50thb and receive a proper certificate. I am hoping you should be able to do the same thing where you are. During your vaccine step-by-step process, your details should have been entered into a database and it is that strange number on the piece of paper you have which will align with your personal details when you do the final step (obtaining the certificate). I hope my experience helps you  sort out what needs to be done for your situation and its always best to take a thai speaking person along with you to smooth over any communication hurdles. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUSSIE BOB said:

Hi Robyn, sorry to hear you had a less than favorable time. Here in Phuket after the second jab, we expats could go to a centralized hospital with that document you hold, attend the accounts section, pay 50thb and receive a proper certificate. I am hoping you should be able to do the same thing where you are. During your vaccine step-by-step process, your details should have been entered into a database and it is that strange number on the piece of paper you have which will align with your personal details when you do the final step (obtaining the certificate). I hope my experience helps you  sort out what needs to be done for your situation and its always best to take a thai speaking person along with you to smooth over any communication hurdles. 

BPH supplies for free a paper Cert. With date of both injections, obviously personal details, name vaccine,  batch Nr, etc...

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Now What?

my guess is if you present that at any english speaking immigration/border control you would be right up the proverbial with no paddle.
failing that you can wear the badge i got or d/l as a screen saver...up to you.

covid vax badge.jpg

I would say with that badge international travel should be pretty straight forward, sure you'll be waved straight through the immigration people.

2 hours ago, Greenstripe said:

The best thing you can do is to get a Yellow IInernational Vaccination book and have the hospital copy your details into that and stamp it.  .

More in hope than expectation I got hold of two of those Yellow books last week. My wife goes for her second vaccination at the local public hospital on Tuesday. I'll be amazed if they actually endorse her book. I'm slightly more hopeful for when I go to the MedPark for mine next month.

Passport for identification.  There is an "ID Card Number"  which bears no relationship to any document I have, neither UK Passport, or Thai Tambien Ban.  It also has my date of birth wrong.

Can you Xerox a copy and post it?  ????

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

in the world there are now 8 approved vax, 13 in an early limited use, and 130 at earlier, but large stages of testing.

Sometimes they would have to approve validity of those vax for international travel purpose. 

Otherwise you will need many different, which impractical/impossible to get.

Travel to your own country doesn't require vax, but often quarantine (which is really a bummer, in region of $2-3k and 10-14 days).

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html#jnj