Hua Hin Recharge: Final plans being put in place for Hua Hin’s October 1 reopening

shutterstock_1797385300.jpeg

The final plans for Hua Hin’s proposed reopening to foreign tourists from October 1  are set to be ironed out during a meeting scheduled to take place on Sunday (Sept 5).

According to Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, Thailand’s Minister of Tourism and Sports a zoom meeting will take place between the key stakeholders involved in the Hua Hin Recharge project.

The aim of the meeting is to finalise the plans to reopen the resort to vaccinated foreign tourists without the need to quarantine.

Hua Hin Today can now exclusively reveal some of the measures which will be discussed in the meeting.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/hua-hin-recharge-final-plans-being-put-in-place-for-hua-hins-october-1-reopening/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-09-05

Mmmm - I do wish them good luck with getting a few tourists as the pent up demand for returning home etc has been used up by the Phuket litterbox.

Sooooo much paper, tests etc. Better to wait a while and just open the country with the new "paradigm" - living with Covid as announced by the CCSA - which the (still in power) general is pushing.

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

If there is no difference between the packages and Hua Hin offers no special advantages for a two/three week holiday then surely Phuket must win hands down?

Why go to Hua Hun?

Easier to sneak out of the province maybe? :whistling:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

If there is no difference between the packages and Hua Hin offers no special advantages for a two/three week holiday then surely Phuket must win hands down?

Why go to Hua Hun?

Good point, well made.

Although, knowing how careful and efficient the Thais are at controlling that sort of thing I can't imagine a single tourist ever 'escaping'.

Remember you CANNOT enter Thailand without and COE, so you must book a package Sandbox, or ASQ-ALQ

From what I’ve read, there’s nothing about Domestic travellers mixing with foreign tourists so what’s stopping them getting the virus inside Thailand.

Digressing slightly

They only real way to move LOS forward has been mentioned.

·         Vaccinated

·         Insurance

·         Testing before flying

·         Testing upon arrival

·         Testing day 3-4-5

·         Testing day 10-11-12

Then your good to move around, that’s it no other way and most countries will implement this same strategy, test,test,test

They key issue is the cost of the test, for example the Phuket Sandbox I had to pay up front for 3 Tests before getting my COE, cost was 8,000 THB, this did not include the cost of my pre travel PCR test fortunately we’re tested for free here.

These measures include:

Gaining a Certificate of Entry to Thailand (COE)

Obtaining a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to travel

Showing a COVID-19 vaccination record card

Further RT-PCR COVID-19 testing after arrival at Survarnabhumbi

It is proposed that for tourists visiting Hua Hin, a further safety measure will be added which will see them required to take a RT-PCR COVID-19 test on arrival at their hotel.

They will then be required to stay in the hotel for three hours while awaiting the results of the test. If the test is confirmed negative they will then be free to leave the hotel but they must stay within the Hua Hin City and Nong Kae districts.

They will then be required to take further RT-PCR COVID-19 tests on day 7 and day 13 of their stay.

That is 5 tests for foreigners - how many tests for local population (zero) and why are they not the same ?, stupid red tape nonsense 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

These measures include:

Gaining a Certificate of Entry to Thailand (COE)

Obtaining a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to travel

Showing a COVID-19 vaccination record card

Further RT-PCR COVID-19 testing after arrival at Survarnabhumbi

It is proposed that for tourists visiting Hua Hin, a further safety measure will be added which will see them required to take a RT-PCR COVID-19 test on arrival at their hotel.

They will then be required to stay in the hotel for three hours while awaiting the results of the test. If the test is confirmed negative they will then be free to leave the hotel but they must stay within the Hua Hin City and Nong Kae districts.

They will then be required to take further RT-PCR COVID-19 tests on day 7 and day 13 of their stay.

That is 5 tests for foreigners - how many tests for local population (zero) and why are they not the same ?, stupid red tape nonsense 

i kind of agree, but testing is the only way forward now, i'm not talking about testing foreign V's Domestic, but to show some sort of control they must tests arrivals, the amount is open to discussion, for example where I am we have to be tested every 4th day even though we have 3rd vaccinations shot, and have been here for 3-4- months.

so each area will have their own rules 

Edited by bolt

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The aim of the meeting is to finalise the plans to reopen the resort to vaccinated foreign tourists without the need to quarantine.

Can't see that happening, if they can't drop the quarantine rules on the island of Phuket then it ain't gonna happen in Hua Hin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Why go to Hua Hun?

No bridges to negotiate.

I would love to come back to Thailand but not with all the idiotic requirements.  I've been jabbed twice and want to travel freely once I arrive and enjoy the unique opportunities that the country offers.  While I realize that a few tourists are better than none I will vacation elsewhere until the country is fully open.   

Imposing all these regulations on fully vaccinated tourists does nothing to protect  Thais and continues to destroy what little is left of the tourist industry.   

• Like 1