Fever, dizziness, nausea common side effects of “Mix & Match” of Sinovac then AZ vaccine shots

webfact

000_98F4FK.jpg

Empty vials of vaccines by Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca against COVID-19 (Photo by Christof STACHE / AFP)

Fever, headache, dizziness, and nausea are the most common side effects of the “mix and match” vaccine approach of using Sinovac then AstraZeneca shots, according to the Thailand’s Public Health Ministry.

The method of using Sinovac as the first dose, followed by an AstraZeneca shot as the second, 3-4 weeks apart, is now Thailand’s main vaccination practice, which helps shorten the gap between two doses of AstraZeneca, now about 3 months, but with similar levels of efficacy, according to the ministry.

As of September 8th, China’s Sinovac vaccine accounts for most of the shots administered, at 15.78 million doses, followed by 16.15 million doses of AstraZeneca, 4.6 million doses of Sinopharm and 917,540 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/fever-dizziness-nausea-common-side-effects-of-mix-match-of-sinovac-then-az-vaccine-shots/

Logo-top-.png

13 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Whatever vaccine is available might be the best all round option.

Yes of course, but what I'm really saying I suppose is for people to consider that when they receive AZ they should be aware that they are getting the best.

Note: some websites also offer a choice!

Edited by mommysboy

5 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

I was already suffering side effects from a prescribed med when I had my first AZ, so I thought "bring it on" can't be any worse.

Never been so wrong in my life,

So did they subside ? after a while as is normal and happened with me ?

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Wifes 2 brothers had their second (AZ) jab after the SV 3 weeks ago. Brother A had a sore arm for a day after SV and nothing at all after AZ

Other brother had all the side effects after both jabs, but subsided after a few days. He went to the local clinic for some meds as he is never sick in the past and was a bit worried. He's back at work planting trees today.

Wife and I had SV 2 weeks ago, me, no side effects at all, wife dead arm for a few days.

AZ in a weeks time, hope the odds are in our favour. I'd rather be sick from a vaccine than from covid any day.

yes the wife had sino first she was ok ..second AZ knocked her off her feet for 2 days after that fine 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Yes. After about 36 hours I returned back to the normal hell 

But you having to take meds means you probably are at risk (dont know what your condition is so i speculate your at risk). IF so then it was right to take the vaccine. I had my private hell, really high fever for a. 1.5 day teeth clattering shaking uncontrollably. But the fever slowly got less and after 36 hours i was ok. Still worth it. But it was annoying.