‘LALISA’ hits 10m views in under 2 hours as K-pop sensation appears in Thai dress

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-24.png

Thailand’s K-pop rap sensation Lalisa Manoban, better known as “Lisa BLACKPINK”, debuted her first solo album “LALISA” this morning (Friday), with the music video hitting 10 million views on YouTube in less than 2 hours. 

Some hours before the mini-album was released, the 24-year-old said, during an online press conference, that it took some time for her to realise she was finally making her solo debut.

Already an idol to the young generation in Thailand, Lisa made even more waves when she appeared wearing an elaborate traditional Thai dress in the video. The rapper said she wanted to have a “Thai vibe” to it.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lalisa-hits-10m-views-in-under-2-hours-as-k-pop-sensation-appears-in-thai-dress/

Logo-top-.png

43 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Put her in a Thai dress (check), let her sing Morlam songs, and say she 'loves Thai food', and she could easily be elected to be the new prime minister, never mind not being a Thai citizen, not speaking a word of Thai, or not knowing anything about Thai politics...

Born as Pranpriya Manoban on March 27, 1997 in Buriram Province, Thailand, she later legally changed her name to Lalisa, meaning praised, on the advice of a fortune teller in order to bring in prosperity. ...

In 2010, 13-year-old Lisa auditioned to join South Korean record label YG Entertainment in Thailand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_(rapper)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She's going to be on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Friday evening, performing LA LISA.

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I will never understand how obsessed Thais are with their own country, culture, food, language, and fashion, and not a teeny bit curious about the rest of the world.

LISA did a dance cover of American singer Destiny Rogers "Tomboy", creating a renewed interest in Rogers, and that song, and providing global exposure for the Lodi CA native.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

What's really fascinating is that her father is being kept secret. Everyone knows her stepfather. Nobody knows her real father.

From her look the biological father has to be European as well.

Or perhaps Korean, which would explain her desire to have a career in Korea. Did she have Korean citizenship or language skills before she went there?

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Or perhaps Korean, which would explain her desire to have a career in Korea. Did she have Korean citizenship or language skills before she went there?

That's what I thought. But if you look at the nose it looks more European. Could be surgically enhanced of course and there is that Korean angle. What a mystery. I just think the eyes look a touch non-asian as well.

Lalisa.jpg

Edited by Tanomazu
  • Like 1

I don't get the Mania at all. Young guys look about 16 screaming their heads off and young girls screaming their lungs out at blackpink concerts.,...young girls screamed at the Beatles. Stones Back Street boys Eminem but I don't recall them screaming at Celine Dion or Cher like a bunch of underage lezies.,or Guys screaming sexually when the Stones were about to play.. as cute as she is the immaturity of her male fans goes beyond belief

13 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I will never understand how obsessed Thais are with their own country, culture, food, language, and fashion, and not a teeny bit curious about the rest of the world.

Since I can remember, I always wanted to know about other countries and cultures, soaking up every little piece of foreign news, books about faraway countries, and documentaries about other cultures, but maybe that's just me...

Age 0-21 it's knocked out of them at school.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, starky said:

I mean good luck to the girl and I wish her all the best but that, is the lowest song, if you could call it that, I have ever heard.

But, this is the kind of music that people of her generation like. I don't think the quality of the music has a lot to do with it.  What attracts them is the whole package. As long as it is different too what past generations listened too then they are perfectly happy to be breaking new ground and inventing sex all over again.

What would be the kiss of death to stars like Lalissa is if she went on tour, the tickets were all pre sold out but come the night the audience was almost exclusively packed out with the over 60's . Wheelchairs and dangling incontinence bags all over the place and a crush of screaming old men at the edge of the stage trying to hold their dentures in. 

If that happened would it bother her ? Still raking in the money and making people happy but a lot of her younger fans would be mortified to see their parents in the audience letting their metaphorical hair down.  This is what happened at Facebook. It was the go to place for youngsters until their parents joined and became ' mutual friends '  The youngsters took off pretty quickly to put some distance between themselves and the oldies.

So.....its about a lot more than just the music.

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

Perhaps if she wears lederhosen in her next video, she'll become an overnight sensation in Germany and Austria, too. Ching, ching, ching!

Or wearing only a hula-skirt and a flower garland, she'd become an instant hit in Hawaii, Tahiti, and beyond...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

13 hours ago, Tanlic said:

I don't get the Mania at all. Young guys look about 16 screaming their heads off and young girls screaming their lungs out at blackpink concerts.,...young girls screamed at the Beatles. Stones Back Street boys Eminem but I don't recall them screaming at Celine Dion or Cher like a bunch of underage lezies.,or Guys screaming sexually when the Stones were about to play.. as cute as she is the immaturity of her male fans goes beyond belief

I don't think it's guys. It's girls screaming at her. She was abused in Korea by guys, who apparently were a bit racist and did not like her being sold as K-Pop star as she's Thai. Told her to go home where she came from.

She was quickly defended by her female fans.

Having said that immaturity of Elvis, Beatles and Stones fans was also a fact. And yes screaming also by the females.

The thing is now immaturity means like 11 years old. With Elvis it was more 13 or 14 I think.

15 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

That's what I thought. But if you look at the nose it looks more European. Could be surgically enhanced of course and there is that Korean angle. What a mystery. I just think the eyes look a touch non-asian as well.

Lalisa.jpg

Agree on the possible Euro genes. There's something behind the eyes, too, which I attribute to a conscious brain. If you ever watch the TV ads on the BTS, the actors have completely empty eyes. Nothing there in the body language either, just like wooden frames with clothes on. 

Once passed by a promotion stage at Siam Square years ago. Two guys were wearing motorcycle-y leathers. They looked completely lost in those foreign clothes. They didn't know how to look or stand. They didn't get it. 

Regarding the Lalisa video. They blew the budget all right, with more than a dozen costume changes, multiple locations and a lot of background actors. As for the "music," well, to each his/her own. 

But you can't argue with success. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Agree on the possible Euro genes. There's something behind the eyes, too, which I attribute to a conscious brain. If you ever watch the TV ads on the BTS, the actors have completely empty eyes. Nothing there in the body language either, just like wooden frames with clothes on. 

Once passed by a promotion stage at Siam Square years ago. Two guys were wearing motorcycle-y leathers. They looked completely lost in those foreign clothes. They didn't know how to look or stand. They didn't get it. 

Regarding the Lalisa video. They blew the budget all right, with more than a dozen costume changes, multiple locations and a lot of background actors. As for the "music," well, to each his/her own. 

But you can't argue with success. 

The song is, shall we say, not musically or vocally demanding, however a catchy feelgood number with a hint of erotica, which is fair enough.

However, I think you're right about something in her brains, if you see her dance, she has that brain-body coordination which shows she's not a brainless robot like so many K-pop gals. She can move a touch above the rest, not on a Lia Kim level, but still a lot better than K-pop performers normally do.

• Like 1