More hotel closures expected in Thailand if pandemic drags on

webfact

36 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

We forget about the tens of thousands of optional accommodation scattered throughout the country - inns, homestay, resorts, guest houses, etc, etc...

They dont count, lots where I live are suffering badly I think every place has a price on it

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m not sure how many Sandbox entries were projected, however I did read a report previously that stated there were 20,000 sandboxe arrivals (as of mid August) - so its feasible that that number is now closer to 35,000 International Arrivals. 

The flight I arrived on had about 240 passengers.

The island is still ‘deathly quiet’ - that said, the Sandbox was never intended to reinvigorate tourism, it was intended to ‘test’ if foreign arrivals could enter Thailand without bringing in and spreading Covid-19, to that extend the test is successful. 

They are doing a good job at spreading it themselves, the gypsy village in Rawai lockdown now

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Thai currency is still performing ok despite all these bad news.

Why? Manipulation ? That is part of the problem. The manipulators can't even get that right. A 35 -40 baht to the dollar would being many tourists.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

The hotel business will not improve until they stop all these stupid restrictions. I would like to go for a hotel break now but am holding off in case i am forced to have PCR tests or quarantine.

Soon we will have to wear waterproof masks in the Hotel swimming pool. Or are they already doing that?